Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

pentyne posted:

The most grating thing to me is how apparently literally their entire lives depend on this year/session of school. Generic boring girl dumps him, time skip to where he's spent 10 years obsessing over her, and is a fat shut in NEET who blew his sister's college fund on some investment scheme. This somehow completely ignores the fact that there were at least 2 other futures with women he married.

Guy from the weirdos club becomes obsessed with the teacher, professes his love to her, gets rejected and decides to abandon his family and live as a monk.

When it started the hyperbolic reactions were funny at first because they'd get knocked down to reality pretty quick, but now its infecting every aspect of the series. For me the turning point from entertaining to poo poo was when the DX brigade convinced the guy with the hot sister to steal her underwear, then when she showed up to meet them in the park they thought she came to have sex with them and starting planning how all of them would bang her.

Between the increasingly creepy sexual harassment by the glasses guy, the literal pedophile, and the leader wanting to destroy the main character's happiness for daring to be with a girl its just turned into a complete pile of poo poo.

That's just the kind of guy he is I guess... the king of settling into a groove and being comfortable with the way things are going. It makes sense, knowing him.

This chapter wasn't good, but luckily I read everyone's reactions first and lowered my expectations to the very bottom so it didn't kill me. It was okay, some good jokes.

They still haven't condoned any of the DX brigade's creepiness - it's still wrong, and the characters are changing very slowly. I'm just annoyed by this recent shut-in arc because it's focusing on all the uninteresting aspects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Double post to say that there's a new chapter on Crunchyroll. And I'd say it's better than the last few at least.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'M COCK, says the shirt. Guess his future job doesn't require tact.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

It would be extremely interesting if he actually just gave in and did that.

That said, are we sure he's broken up with Watagumi? The wording of their split always gave me pause.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

New chapter and gently caress YOU AOSHIMA :argh:

In terms of uniqueness that was a good chapter. The twenty pages were all about some ten seconds of actual elapsed time, and about two feet of movement.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

This is the most interesting the manga's been for a long time. Presumably he'll save her with the power of love and convince her to stay in Japan, but regret tying her down in the process, and get up going to Africa with her.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

pentyne posted:

So, it'll end with chapter 100? That's a good stopping point I guess.

Depends on how you count the chapters. I think Crunchyroll says we're on 105.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

madmac posted:

I just want to point out that it came out a while ago that the author ended this manga because he had to choose between his manga job and working in the food service industry, and we all know that's an obvious decision.

Poor guy. I hope he's a manager or something, not a burger flipper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

And it's all over! That ending was pretty good. I felt like it ended a bit too quickly at first but I warmed up to it.

• Locked thread