Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Nice series. I love the concept of terrible teenage courtship mixed with the power of hindsight.

I guess the only issue is the translation keeps splitting words in weird ways. The worst is the main girl's name, which has been split inconsistently throughout but is most often done one way that I can't stop saying her name is

Wagat
Suma

which of course my brain tells me is wrong so hey maybe dyslexically flip the W and S and now I'm thinking of Street Fighter.

They even do it with English words too, like

grou
nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

*me, scrolling down the page, completely forgetting that I'm reading a Japanese manga*

"d'aww, :3: that is just the cutest giant squid I've ever seen drawn in a mang-"

"Oh. Oh right. :doh: I am super dumb."

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Grondoth posted:

Sylvia seems to be destined to have the fate of every rival in every shounen romance: Become lovable and fun, and then tragically heartbroken.

Chapter 32: The most heartbreaking cosplay. May as well have dressed up as Yoko.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Tamagod Sushi posted:

Chapter 34 for the lazy peeps

Speculation:Is it time for a new wife?

I thought this was setup for the other DX members to not have horrifyingly bad futures, but the harem line works as well.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I offer a new loan word/idiom for the Japanese language: beer goggles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Tell me about it, I actually hated Ichigo 100% when the ending subverted those rules :ironicat:
In the end my problem is that we keep seeing more of the other girls while Wagatsuma keeps being static and bland. Usually an effort is made to validate that status of heroine, effort that's missing here.

Well they have to by definition not give us everything about Wagat Suma otherwise the manga would end. There was the swimming arc and bits of her personality revealed little by little, and it feels like flexible pacing so that when they do decide on a finale they can wrap up the story with her big reveal, i.e. "why her" and any other "why not other girl".

I don't think it's effort missing, it's just the flow of the story and your impatience.

• Locked thread