Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
This is the first non-seinen manga I've read and I vacillate between being completely disgusted* by it or laughing like a child.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Tell me about it, I actually hated Ichigo 100% when the ending subverted those rules :ironicat:
In the end my problem is that we keep seeing more of the other girls while Wagatsuma keeps being static and bland. Usually an effort is made to validate that status of heroine, effort that's missing here.
I'd like to think that Wagatsuma's utter banality is a commentary on other media that puts an archetypal perfect girl on a pedestal (something to be obtained, like a kingship or a magic artefact) and never gives her any characterisation, but really I think it's just another example of the trope. Anyway - I'm Team Sylvia.

*The DX Brigade are creeps. I think even if I was 15 again I wouldn't be able to genuinely relate to them. The main thing that keeps me reading is how thoroughly they're lampooned in every chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Captain Invictus posted:

I like a lot of stuff in this series, really, but certain things like Matrix 2 being a literal pedophile in the open that is played for laughs and isn't immediately just curbstomped makes me want to stop reading every time I see him. The rest of the crew are creepy and losers, but him in particular is a whole different ballgame. Especially in chapter 47, gently caress.
Yeah. Fair enough, teenage boys are teenage boys, which accounts for most of the DX brigade, but it does irritate me that they tolerate a known paedo in their midst.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
No one is an actual paedo in DMC though?

• Locked thread