Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like a lot of stuff in this series, really, but certain things like Matrix 2 being a literal pedophile in the open that is played for laughs and isn't immediately just curbstomped makes me want to stop reading every time I see him. The rest of the crew are creepy and losers, but him in particular is a whole different ballgame. Especially in chapter 47, gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BlitzBlast posted:

I thought Matrix recognized he was creepy and decided to restrain himself after the DX brigade broke up?

It was pretty refreshing seeing most of the "hopeless losers" decide to buckle down and try and become better people, did they go back on that? :smith:

Yes, it was literally a "oh, is that so? *DX BRIGADE REFORMED!!!*" panel.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So ummm, this manga is kind of going down the shitter, right? :smith:

It's been going that way for a while now, but these last couple chapters were just really terrible in every way.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The timeskip. It's not entirely terrible to start off with, but it only goes downhill, on fire, full of angry fireproof bees as it goes on, so might as well stop as soon as you hit it.

Usagi Drop might just be the winner of the "should have quit while it was ahead" award of all time. It retroactively ruins everything that was good about it beforehand, which is actually rather impressive if it didn't make me so god drat butthurt.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Xoidanor posted:

You shouldn't read it at all, watch it. The anime and manga ended on so completely different notes that they might has well been different stories. Whoever oversaw the anime adaption had the good sense to quit while they were ahead.

Yeah do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Ressentiment ending spoilers: If it ended with him loving everything up and truly ending up alone and unloved because he couldn't see around him thanks to his Wagatsuma tunnel vision, that'd be hilarious and frankly rather appropriate for this series

• Locked thread