Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Please don't diss my hometown city in the OP, thanku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

How can you lose to that hearts team. Hibs really are the loving worst.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Apparently Saints actually made a loss on the Europa League. The money we got didn't even cover travel costs. That's what I read in the PA a couple months back, at least.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I don't think I've ever felt the level of embarassment I felt when I found out Americans were actually watching our dogshite league.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

vaginal culture posted:

Quite a bit better at this point

Exactly. I'd hoped that the SPL was just a big myth to Americans and their only exposure to Scottish football was celtic CL games. Now that they can actually watch the SPL they've finally realised they're better at football than us.

Until we thump them at Hampden next month, anyway.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

SuperHunBastard1690 posted:

Im going to this anf I cannot wait to see genuine mls fans waving pony tifos and singing the tetris song because if they dont icefunk will get real mad and blog about it. I am smacking my lips in anticipation.

I know a few american TYKers are going. Possible terrible and disgusting goonmeet???????

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Ramagamma posted:

Enough of this Scotland bashing. Visit Perth.

Don't be a dick. Just because we live in Perth doesn't make it okay to inflict that pain upon others.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

anime and cars posted:

When I went to perth the hmv didnt even have a rap music section, but it did have a whole isle for 'Scottish music' what the hell is that. Aberdeen was decent although when I was there it was -10 and snowing. Edinburgh I got way too drunk and fell asleep on a bus but I had a nice calzone.

Still havent been to Glasgow though.

That HMV is shut down now, much like all the nice shops in Perth. I think it's only a matter of time until they revert our City status.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

It's not a loving city though let's be honest. It's a village that someone build fucktons of social housing around.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Ramagamma posted:

Pound for pound, St Johnstone are the best team in the league.

Not trying to be funny or ironic or anything but sick of seeing "Hibs are poo poo" posts and wanted to expose you all to the true hero's of the Scottish Premier Division.

hahaha wait i thought you were an ironicposter, you actually pay british pounds sterling to watch st johnstone play football? i went to the game vs hibs using a friend's season ticket and i thought i'd stumbled into a funeral by mistake

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

They just barely managed to secure a last-grasp win against Falkirk thanks to Falkirk going down to 10 men.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Clubs ignoring Derek Riordan’s play-for-free offer

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Tayside Derby in the final. loving tasty. I don't often go to Saints games but I might pop along to the final like the massive plastic oval office I am.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Does Kenny Miller's contract also include extra bonuses for his next signings in 2017 and 2021?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Grouco posted:

I wasn't sure where else to ask this.

Anyone know what my chances are of buying a ticket on general sale for Scotland v. Ireland in November? I'll be back in Glasgow in Nov/Dec for my graduation, and am hoping to snag a ticket. I know members of the Scotland Supporters Club get first dibs, but since the game's at Celtic Park I figure there should be ~20k odd tickets left over for general sale. I'd be willing to buy from a tout if need be, or just sign up for the SSC for 50 odd quid to make sure I can get a ticket.

Hampden Park has been getting fuller and fuller as the national team gets less and less shite, and I sprung for an SSC membership the other day because I have a hunch that tickets for Ireland and the possible England friendly will be incredibly hard to get on public sale, especially if we get literally anything against Germany other than a multi-goal pumping.

• Locked thread