Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

SuperHunBastard1690 posted:

hibs are poo poo

I saw that result and thought gently caress that's a bad aggregate score, then I read the match report :stare:

Here's hoping St Johnstone & Motherwell can make the group stages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Her Dryer posted:

Funnily enough L.A Noire had a detective pairing of Caldwell and McManus, must have been the work of a time. Got a chuckle out of me.

Not such a good CB partnership though, even if it sounds weird saying that about a team who won 3 in a row and done pretty good in Europe.

I still have nightmares about Thierry Henry owning Caldwell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az9Ef9IyiN4

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Dunfermline have managed to secure a CVA, possibly going to end up fan owned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23494323

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

First game of the season ends 0 - 0 , bodes well.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

I'm judging it without having watched it, good to have Thistle back in the league, used to enjoy going to away games at Firhill.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

duckmaster posted:

I will leave the commentary on Aberdeens victory today to Coohoolin,

It's going to be their year in 2026

In weird news Rangers appear to have stopped selling season tickets out of embarrassment.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/tickets

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

Do you actually support Celtic or are you just a lovely Anti-Rangers RSS feed ?

With all the current mess with the Rangers board, are you still as confident as you were 6 months ago that they have a coherent business plan, and aren't heading for admin 2 ?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Borogrove posted:

Actually, I'm on your side on this one. Charlie Green is going to gut Sevco as a means of selling it on to another group of spivs, while the fans get fleeced repeatedly.

I was asking Total Meatlove,

He was very bullish about Ranger's finances when the 6 month figures came out despite the losses.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

Im cautiously optimistic and think that it's unlikely that it'll end like it did last time.

Annoyed that criticism of McCoist as a manager isn't happening as much as it should, and that he's becoming untouchable on the dugout even though he's a bit poo poo.

Have you seen today's Glasgow Herald sport section? They have an article which is talking about dire financial situation and possibly needing another share issue. article here .

Hugh Macdonald posted:

Those acting for institutional investors are dismayed both by the public bloodbath on the board but by "the cash-burn". They have warned that a crisis is imminent.

"The figures are not adding up," said the City source. "Rangers are paying out too much to too many and it is likely that there will have to be some sort of re-investment this season. The League Cup defeat closes one revenue stream but matters were already concerning. Looking at all of this from London, I would say that whoever wins this struggle will immediately have to make cuts."

It's interesting as the Herald have been resolutely pro Rangers since the newco and seem to have someone on the inside feeding them lots of stories. The sudden change of tack suggests someone must want to prepare the way for bad news.

As you are optimistic where do you see the money coming from to the bridge the cash shortfall that exists ? Without serious cutbacks (e.g. getting McCoist to halve his ludicrous salary, dumping lots of players ) Rangers will run out of money completely before they make the premier division.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Jesus Christ hibs are shite, If you can't beat a hearts team thats sold all their players and will be gone next week then give up.

However,

It's Aberdeen's year

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Not a lot as he's never appeared for Celtic as far as I'm aware. Forster is seriously good and on the odd occasion he's been injured zaluska is the no 2.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

Saturday's game at Pittodrie against Celtic might actually be our first sellout since 2007. Still hoping to get a south stand ticket tomorrow, going to be AMAZING.

Bit worried about how good a team Celtic will manage to put out. Think we'll rest quite a few for the trip to Kazakhstan and Aberdeen seem well up for it.
How long is Robson out for, would have fancied him to score against us ?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

I'm being very stupid and am actually feeling optimistic.

Aberdeen were the better team for most of the first half but we'd started to come in to more when we switched Mulgrew to center mid.
Langfield killed it for you when he hauled down Samaras.

Good to see Pittodrie bouncing though.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-23673421

quote:

Charles Barnett, of BDO, said a large proportion of Scottish Premiership clubs believed they would be profitable in the coming year.

He also said revenues had not been adversely affected by the loss of Rangers.

Attendances up in almost every ground last year, full house at Aberdeen last week for the first time in years, but yeah keep posting the Armageddon pish.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Babby Thatcher posted:

was that the young Kazakhstani lad who scored the second goal? possible Sunderland January panic buy?

:drat:

Not worried, we'll turn in round in the second leg :smithicide:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

HJB posted:

The BBC have written about five comment-enabled articles on the second leg alone. Whether they're pushing to shed the anti-Scot tag they've acquired, or they just like to incite a bunch of bitter nerds (I know where my money is), either way it's all a bit much. I think one of them stated the match was Celtic's 'Everest', as if Barcelona was Ben Nevis or something.

I read the 'Everest' one today, it was a bunch of overblow wank. If we hadn't had a nightmare in the first leg it would have been a routine tie. Not getting hosed 5-0 every game in this group is going to be Everest.

On the other hand the one on why the seeding system in rigged is quite good apart from them wrongly stating rangers dieing has tanked the country ranking, some anorak did the sums and it actually makes gently caress all difference. We'd need St Johnstone and Motherwell to regularly get in to the Europe league group stage to have any impact at all.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ally_1986 posted:

Motherwell regularly get two games in Europe a year don't you know!

Be nice if you won one of them :iamafag:

Seriously though , we need to move the season start to give the teams in the Europa a vague chance of getting through. I think that the Italian league were offering financial incentives to clubs to get them to take the Europa seriously so they can get the ranking back up.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Ramagamma posted:

Well apparently St Johnstone have made a loss of around £190,000 in the year leading up to May 2013. Pretty bad really but hopefully our wee run in Europe plus our high league finish last season kicks us into gear as far as making money goes.

That and if Rangers come in with a multi-million pound deal for Stevie May. We can but dream.

Hibs (are shite) actually made a profit despite being terrible and buying lots of players. How the hell did they do that ?

quote:

Hibernian say they have returned to profit after two years of losses.
The club announced a £100,000 pre-tax profit for the year ending 31 July 2013, compared to a £1m loss the previous year.
Finishing seventh last season compared to 11th in the previous campaign has been identified as the biggest factor in the change.
Net debt fell from £6.4m to £5.5m, while the club's wages to turnover ratio is 49%.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

The Natural posted:

£100,000 profits but? There's small businesses that make more.

Well yeah, but most football clubs are a yawning money pit , so its weird to see any of them break even particularly hibs.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Ian Black gets a 10 game ban, with 7 suspended and a £7500 fine for his betting exploits.

Effectively a 3 game ban then.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

quote:

Hearts: MacDonald, McGowan, McKay, Wilson, McHattie, Holt, Robinson, Hamill, Walker, Billy King, Paterson. Subs: Ridgers, Smith, Carrick, Tapping, Nicholson, Oliver, McGhee.

Celtic: Forster, Lustig, Ambrose, van Dijk, Izaguirre, Matthews, Brown, Ledley, Boerrigter, Commons, Stokes. Subs: Pukki, Samaras, Balde, Rogic, Mulgrew, Zaluska, Atajic.

Referee: William Collum

Strong team for today.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ally_1986 posted:

Top 5 are gonna make it an interesting league this year. Butcher needs to be given some respect, I'm almost surprised that I'm surprised how well ICT are doing.

He's been annoyingly constantly good. I wonder how long they can hold on to him before he's offered a decent Championship club.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

radge posted:

Looking forward to destroying plucky young world war winners hertz in their last ever attempt at winning a trophy.

Strange we are making a profit of £100k while shaving a million of our debt. I've been reliably informed by the poppy stealers we were losing £1m a year.

Also, our new signings are bearing fruit with a run of 6 games unbeaten.

It's good to support such a well run club.

Some tasty matches in that draw. You think you'll actually be able to beat hearts this time?

Inverness v Dundee Utd
Morton v St Johnstone
Hibernian v Hearts
Motherwell v Aberdeen

Dougie Imrie is a prick

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Troy Queef posted:

More like Scottish football doesn't fully get the concept of the #banterzone

Isn't that just pissflaps endlessly posting about Moyes cracking up ?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Looking forward to real football after international break.

Hibernian v Celtic
Aberdeen v Dundee Utd
Kilmarnock v Ross County
Motherwell v Hearts
St Mirren v St Johnstone

New Firm derby should be tasty.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ha ha ha hibs are shi -

:stare: welp.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

radge posted:

Shame McGivern got injured leaving the hole for Forrest to score.

Lol, your goal was offside. Was surprised by how less shitey hibs were today. Fenlon seems to have turned it around.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

guppy posted:

Charlie Mulgrew has tweeted again to affirm that the naked guy in that photo is not him. Still no word on why he thought it was a good idea to tweet that in the first place.

He left his phone unlocked and one of his mates thought if would be funny to tweet it ?

Von Linus posted:

I don't believe him. The club should make him get his cock out to prove it, if they had any self respect.

In the center circle at half time , just to be sure ?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Hallowed Turban posted:

Aberdeen's nice I hear, the shimmery city? This lady did a presentation on it and said it had loads of hills with an old town underneath or something (like Gotham or Futurama?) it sounded quite cool to be honest.

Its unrelentingly grey and depressing . Every loving building is made of granite. Every one. Locals still give you directions which include "turn left at the big grey building". It's also become really expensive because the oil industry is booming again. The beaches are amazing though, shame its usually -20 and hurricane force winds on them.

Pipski posted:

I'm glad we're talking about good/bad Scottish towns. Is Stirling at all good, or is it best avoided? I need to know for a reason.

Go see the wallace monument and the castle.

I think we are losing focus here.

Hibs are poo poo.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

euroboy posted:

Hibs rules

We'll find out tonight, surely you can't lose to this Hearts team again.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

onoflalks posted:

Hibs are poo poo

onoflalks posted:

Hibs are poo poo

Apparently so. although

lol.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Hibs are really poo poo.

Has anyone seen radge? Someone should check for milk bottles pilling up on the front steps.

Chas McGill posted:

Pretty impressive stuff from the Dons tonight. Down to ten in the first half and still come out victors. That's what this club is all about - gritty determination and an unwillingness to give in.

It's their year.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

tbp posted:

Can anyone tell me what matches would be good to watch this year? Other than old firm ones I never watched spl matches that much. Only now is it being offered on my tv so I don't have to stream. Haven't seen much of any team aside from celtic in europe either, so i dont know how good anyone else is. On top of that i keep hearing how so many teams are poo poo and im interested in seeing that in action. Lately the other leagues of europe have been boring, so spl might be interesting just to see something new. I'm interested in hard tackling, tough teams. None of that tiki taka attempting crap, just hoofballs and hard tackles. I'd point to like how blackburn played as an example . So yeah any ideas?

And also i'd like to see whatever matches have good atmosphere, proper angry stuff. For example i like to see napoli or dortmund because they have wild supporters. And i know scotland has the highest percentage of population attending matches so i assume some stadiums are vibrant. Go on then, let me hear some points in favor of the good teams to watch.

Thanks.

Hibs v Hearts tonight would have been a good one in terms of proper angry stuff because its a city derby and their fans loving hate each other. The spfl has got more interesting since the demise of Rangers as the mid table teams now have a much more realistic chance of Europe or winning a cup, particularly as Celtic seem determined to get hosed out the cups embarrassingly every year, See Celtic v St Mirren, or Celtic v Morton.

Motherwell v Hibs on sunday, or Aberdeen v Thistle on Monday should be decent enough, if you like that sort of thing. Basically matches involving the bigger teams ( Dundee United, Motherwell, Aberdeen). If you want a team to support you may as well go with Partick Thistle as its a safe answer if you ever make it to Scotland

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

northward posted:

This is not remotely true

Who is it you support ?

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Total Meatlove posted:

Are Celtic really going to play a home game in Dublin for the CL next year

Don't we play all our home games in dublin?

loving horrible idea, looks like we're off to Murrayfield

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Nadir Ciftci could get a 16 game ban :stare:

quote:

Dundee United's Nadir Ciftci could be banned for 16 matches after being accused of grabbing an assistant referee by the throat.
The striker, 21, was sent off for his part in a 20-man brawl in Tuesday's League Cup defeat by Inverness.
He has now been accused of excessive misconduct for allegedly "seizing" assistant referee Gavin Harris.
Ciftci also faces a count of violent conduct for the claim he grabbed an Inverness player's face.
United appealed against his red card before the Scottish Football Association issued the two disciplinary notices and are yet to comment further.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ally_1986 posted:

Yea you can break someone leg for 3 games but touch an official and miss half a season.

Though I once had a player suspended (Argentinian of course) for 6 months in football manager... same thing am I right?

You should get hammered for touching the refs, United seem to be suggesting that the allegations are made up.

Bonus rammy footage:

http://media.arabzone.co.uk/streams/smstr/131029RED_SHORTER/

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ally_1986 posted:

Though the way Chick Young is banging on about it makes me thing he knows something or more likely knows nothing.

Yesterday he was accusing the ref of calling off the St Mirren game so he could get another fee.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Coohoolin posted:

Well gently caress me.

Good news for us though, Caley will drop some points.

BBC posted:

Hibernian have agreed personal terms with Inverness Caledonian Thistle's Terry Butcher to become their new manager, BBC Scotland has learned.
Caley Thistle say there has as yet been no contact between themselves and the Edinburgh club about the 54-year-old.
Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron told BBC Scotland that it's "business as usual" and he insisted that "nobody has contacted the club".
Cameron said he is simply "looking forward to the game at the weekend".
That's when his side travel to face the Edinburgh outfit.
His comments came amid reports that the Easter Road club had targeted Butcher as their new manager following the departure of Pat Fenlon last week.
Hibs, whose board met on Sunday to discuss the search for a new manager, will hope to agree a compensation deal with their Scottish Premiership rivals.
Butcher has been offered a new contract by Inverness that has been lying unsigned for several months.

Doesn't look a done deal quite yet. Will be disconcerting if he makes Hibs not shite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:eyepop:

• Locked thread