Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

For those of us that didn't get it on Amazon and are too impatient to wait 4-6 weeks, is Best Buy the only brick and mortar store that's carrying them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

ThermoPhysical posted:

Anyone know if a USB port marked "Service" will still charge the Chromecast?

Plug your phone into it with a USB cable. If it charges that, it should theoretically work with the Chromecast.

EDIT: Don't do this. It could fry your TV

Zorro KingOfEngland fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jul 25, 2013

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

kitten smoothie posted:

And if doing so fries your TV, then your new TV will be much more likely to work with the Chromecast.

Everybody wins!

Another thing you can check is if your TV supports HDMI 1.4, which will power the Chromecast without a need for a USB port. Finally, you could probably use a wall charger, but I'd be careful with that.

Edit: also don't put anything in that port because apparently it really can damage your TV.

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

The Best Buy near me just got their shipment. I did an in-store pickup online, and according to my invoice I should be receiving a Netflix code shortly via email.

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

Just picked up my Chromecast from Best Buy. The box is tiny. Inside is the Chromecast, micro USB cord, AC Adapter, and a 3" HDMI extension ("Use to improve fit and Wi-Fi connection").

I can't wait to get home and try this thing out.

Edit: I just got an email from Best Buy saying that my code for 3 months of Netflix is available to download. Wasn't expecting that because I ordered it this morning.

Zorro KingOfEngland fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jul 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorro KingOfEngland
May 7, 2008

That's it. The cord doesn't seem to bend too much, but it's definitely not solid.

• Locked thread