Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
I just saw this on CNN and came to see if anyone grabbed one yet. It does sound neat and $35 sounds like a perfect price. I'm not a fan of using Netflix through the Xbox interface and I've got an old Dell hooked up to my TV for afterbars when we gently caress around on youtube, but the poor thing can't handle fullscreen HD. This sounds like it'll solve both problems.

I don't use Chrome but I can definitely use it if I got one of these. I'd imagine Twitch should work with that beta program?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It gets kind of spotty at 1080p local file playing but rocks it on 720p from what I understand from a friend that bought one. Take it all with a grain of salt though, Google said this thing is still very much in its infancy.

I do wonder tough, is this thing able to be upgraded over time with like firmware or something?

I would think so, since it's connected and all. I mean that streaming from a Chrome tab is in beta, at some point I'd guess it would come out of beta with some kind of update.

• Locked thread