Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

So your ESX hosts are virtual? I didn't even realize that was possible.

e:Sepist, feel free to take anything out of my post in the other thread you want to add. I didn't even see this thread when I first posted it.

sudo rm -rf fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 26, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

QPZIL posted:

Here's my current baby, my CCNP ROUTE lab in GNS3

Since taking that screenshot, I've added an SNMP server using Paessler's PRTG.

If anyone has any questions about it, I'm happy to write a short tutorial on how to get something up and running. The ASA and the IP phones were both kind of a pain to get working, but it was exciting when they finally did!

Both the ASA amd IP Phone are what I'm interesting in getting set up - how'd you do it?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

So I'd like to get a rack. Any decent smalls ones that I can put on top of my desk? Currently have 6U worth of equipment, would probably need at least 9U or maybe even 12U to make sure I have room for expansion.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Methanar posted:

Can anyone recommend the use of this book in studying for a CCNA/networking in general? If not what would be a better suggestion.

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-CCENT-ICND1-100-101-Official/dp/1587143852/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1393281315&sr=1-2

Or should I just not bother with it at all and just download some router firmware ISOs and just play around with them in vmware with the official documentation until I understand it.

I'd get the Lammle book that Docjowles linked instead. But you should definitely not just do one or the other. How well do you understand computer networks? The OSI model? Can you subnet in your head? Those topics need to be understood just as much as IOS itself.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I bet I hosed up the subnet masks. Thanks.

Edit:
It was the firewall

Yeah ICMPv4 is disabled by default on Windows Server. One of the first things you have to gently caress around with when you're deploying a lab environment.

• Locked thread