Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I'm trying to listen to the first episodes of this, and I can't get them to load. Is there a mirror site I can use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

A few people have checked and they work fine for us. Are you loading it in your browser? itunes? downloading them?

I'm trying through my browser. It's Firefox, maybe that has something to do with it?

E: Welp, I just realized that I can get them via iTunes. :downs:

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 31, 2013

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Where would we post these entries?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Then here's a quasi-serious NPC entry that I literally just made up:

Rosemary Thyme:

Elven Sorcerer

A distant cousin of Mint, Rosemary is— or rather, was— a powerful mage. Unfortunately, a botched experiment has left her scattered throughout time. She appears at inconsistent points in the campaign to give the party hints and info of varying degrees of vagueness. Sometimes, she’ll give a vital hint about a current quest. Sometimes, she’ll give a vital hint that isn’t really a hint at all, because it’s a detail pertaining to a quest that happened sessions ago. But really, the biggest problem is that she has an awful attention span.

My ultimate goal with this is to introduce a whole bunch of elven sorcerers who are related to and just as quirky as Mint. Gelato family hijinks, essentially.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Fully caught up. I love how in the two major tabletop games (this and 4e) done on this board, Poorweather's characters and Plaz's characters are usually in opposition to each other-- only it's at the other extreme with Nav and Margaret than it is with Kod and Minerelle.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, personality-wise, is the current Nav "New Nav" or "Old Nav?" I'm kind of unclear on that.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Garbonix posted:

The stuff with Nav having a third eye is "New Nav". After getting it shoved back into his head Nav is now "Old Nav" or "Nav Classic(Made with 100% real shady stuff)".

I must have glazed over it when it happened. What episode was it in?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

OmanyteJackson posted:

So here is my submission.

I tried my best to capture Margret's dejected sigh in visual form.

As far as location predictions? Maybe the calcified remains of an undead space whale.

This owns so hard.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

PlasmaMan posted:

:siren:man I knew EXACTLY what I was gonna write in this cheeky update title earlier but I forgot:siren:

Session 36 Part 2: Bella’s Bailout

The majority of the Elements succeed in some of their task, and the minority of the Elements succeed in most of their task.

Is this the final part of Session 36? Or is there a part 3 coming?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

dirtysammiches posted:

I chose to animate one of my favorite moments from the thread so far (subject to change because the recent sessions have all been so great) for Team Magic!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOU0n-5dzTQ

Where will the party go next? Uhh. I dunno. Disneyworld. Yes! Let's all go to Disneyworld.

drat, son. That's fantastic.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

My suggestion is to let the viewers know when a particular video is the last of an episode. For instance, part B of an episode is posted, and you put in a little line of text with the update saying "This is the final video to Episode X," or something like that. I, at least, like to wait until all the videos for an episode are posted before watching it, and it's sort of confusing when I'm left wondering "is this the last part of it?"

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, it looks like the only part of session 38 on iTunes is part A. Can something be done about that?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Civil Twilight posted:

as far as I know, iTunes is using my feed, but I have no idea why that episode isn't showing up in the store listing. Are you subscribed in iTunes, or just looking at the podcast directory listing?

I'm looking at the directory listing.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Well, now it's there. Dunno what was going on before. Maybe I was hallucinating.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Striking Yak posted:

I've been catching up on the latest few episodes, and decided to write a theatre review of the performance in session 38.

It took me maybe a solid half-minute to figure out the punchline. :golfclap:

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Devious Vacuum posted:

WYLD NYGHTMYRE

What a bunch of jerks

Holy poo poo, are those platform boots?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, is session 42 43 otherwise done?

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 29, 2014

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Rumda posted:

It was last week. The siege of forge is session 43.

That's what I meant, yeah.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

Here's a question on my mind since Corson's back in the picture: what enemies, or anyone with a grudge against the Elements, do you guys wish would get the recurring treatment?

Gilder Goldenbrass, forever and always.

Though he's more of a nuisance than an enemy.

e: Make him team up with Slamby.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Thylacinus posted:

Gregorian chants turned out to be a little too boring and I’m not nearly hardcore enough to do the full-on heavy metal chant as described in the session. I seem to remember someone joking that the chant was mainly just the repeated word “druid” over and over; I took that as my starting point. Here are two versions: Chant of the High Druid, and the alternate version.

They're both amazing, but I feel like the alternate version sounds more like a collaboration between Bella and Rip than the first.

Or maybe I'm underestimating Bella's ability to rock out, I dunno.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, I've been re-listening to some of the older episodes, and there's something I'm still not clear on: who or what is Nobi?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Am I being hazed? Is this hazing?

I just want to know who or what he is. :(

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Whycalibur posted:

Nobi's a magical ball of magic they met in a bank vault.

Ok, thanks.

By the way, I asked an anonymous question about the SOUND FIST via the 13 Questions tumblr.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, I was listening to session 41 again, and the concept of "Cactus Arriba Fruit Shoes" forced its way into my brain and has refused to leave.

I'd draw you all a picture, but I'm a really lousy artist.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

PlasmaMan posted:

People have been worried that this is another Kensington situation, but not so. With Kensington, he reached a roleplay dead end-- there just wasn't much more I could do with him, and it wasn't fun anymore. Nav, on the other hand, still has a lot of interesting potential, he just needs a bit of mystery time to reach it after what I consider his darkest hour. He'll be back.

That's good to hear, though I was thinking it was more of a "Kod situation"-- you switched to Witch Bwoy near the end and Robocop was never heard from again.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

My favorite moment is a toss-up between the auction, the Elven Court, and the entirety of Equinox Manor.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Oh my goodness I forgot that part, anyone remember which episode this was??

The last segment of 39.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, I'm getting a 403 message whenever I try to listen to the audio episodes. Is that a problem on my end?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

If I could draw, I would totally draw Margaret's family wearing generic frumpy sweaters that she made for them.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

Lynx Winters posted:

Dragon Empire Warriors

That's pretty fantastic.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I think it's time for Wylde Nyghtmäre to try and claim Grand Handsome's throne again.

BearDrivingTruck fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 3, 2015

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I bet everyone knows about Peppercorn's research lab, and they keep sending him requests for really mundane things like de-aging cream, or a really good fishing rod, or that one time someone wanted to know if his lab had a daycare (it wasn't even someone who wanted a job there, it was a tourist). He's tried numerous times to get people to stop, but all the memos he sends out keep vanishing/are ignored.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

I've got a question about Bella: on some level, does she realize that Scarlett is genuinely trying to be her friend, and is just so stubborn and set in her ways that she can't swallow her pride, or does she really not get it?

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

There was also the first encounter with C.R.E.A.M., way way back-- Bella was rightfully upset, but Scarlett was pretty clear about her opinion of what happened to Bella. There have been a few more moments like that that I'm not really remembering clearly, where Scarlett tries to reach out and is rebuffed. Though Bella has grown (slightly) less snappy with her as the campaign has gone on.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

So, has Wolfshirt left the campaign? If so, that sucks.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

General Ironicus posted:

Happy Mothers' Day to Margaret Stone, Coloratura Canto, Strawberry Gelato, Granny Flor, Mom Smoulderboulder, and about 35% of The Many.

What about that one cube from the swamp village that spoke in the voice of the shopkeeper's mother? Does that count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

What about Woody? Did he ever get out of that CREAM tavern?

• Locked thread