Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

LloydDobler posted:

Same problem shops have with modern liquid gasket. Use a scotch brite pad on an air tool to clean that gunk off (provided you can get in there). And if you don't have air tools, any excuse to buy air tools is a good excuse to buy air tools.

An engine builder I talked to disavows the scotchbrite stuff, says it's bad to use on gasket surface. His main poiint was against using it on the deck or the intake manifold gasket area, as it leads to an uneven surface and "rounds the corners". I'm not sure it's as important on a water pump area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
If you are the second owner and the paint is all original, you would be doing the car a disservice to respray it just because you needed to patch a couple places.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
My old Ford is like that too. I had to adjust the striker plate to get the passenger door to close correctly the first time, instead of taking 5 tries. Hopefully your body isn't in the wrong place due to rust, I suspect that is the problem with mine. Cab corners go out, so the door jamb isn't quite where it should be.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
So that means it was cheap, right? :v:

• Locked thread