Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Jedi425 posted:

Same solution! '/gamerule doFireTick false' will supposedly stop fire from spreading.

But also from going out on its own, keep that in mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

There will never be anything more ironic, ever, than mod authors getting pissed at people modding their mods.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

That's an accurate summary of this situation, but to be fair, you should stop taking potshots at Bob and his mod at every step and your community probably wouldn't follow your example and be so terrible, and you'd stop looking like such a poo poo as well.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Playing NST and something keeps making my screen kind of go dim and purple periodically and it's really irritating, anyone have any ideas?

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

m2pt5 posted:

(As a bonus, EIO's ME cables don't flash like the regular ones, so there's that much less extra graphical poo poo going on.)

You can (or at least could last I checked) disable that in AE's config.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I think the gravel->pulverizer is what I'm looking for then, but I'll have to experiment, since I'm running on the assumption I'm really early in the game when I'm doing all this. I was hoping for a way to generate gravel consistently though. I know it's a secondary from the pulverizer, but I'd need it to be much more than that. I assume I could just do something with equivalent exchange.

If you have Mekanism, the same machine you use to turn flint to gunpowder makes gravel from cobble, if I'm remembering right.

e: yeah the Crusher. So extrude->crush->pulverize->crush and you have gunpowder from basically nothing but power.

Mr.Hotkeys fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

This is exactly it, yeah, making the dust first then the ingots worked. Don't like having to do it that way, though, think I'ma scrap my setup and start again. Maybe find other people's examples of mass ore processing, or try Mekanism's method and see how troublesome that is. (Basically, once I can make Tesseracts reliably, I want to be able to output directly from my digital miner into my AE network and have it all processed.)

Or maybe I'll jump into Thaumcraft because gently caress if this modpack doesn't have enough to do! :v:

If I'm reading right, the problem is you're thinking about it the wrong way. Instead of having a bunch of ore sitting around all the time until you need it smelted, have your system pulverize and smelt ore as soon as it enters. For your setup, replace the interface unter the chests with an export bus and just have it export all iron ore into the chest to be processed, or just directly into the pulverizers. That way you've got plenty or iron (or whatever) ready when you need it. The downside is that you never have iron ore sitting around (not that you need it, really) unless you have a level emitter disable the bus when iron ore drops below a certain value.

• Locked thread