Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wylker
Jul 7, 2009

This is not how I envisioned this working out.
Don't forget to get a detailed timeline/history of CJ drama Shukaro!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

People claim it is better now, but I've never gotten Ars to play nice with any modpack. Whether it's just being a resource hog or having ticking TEs with its power network I had a ton of problems with it and eventually gave up on it.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Shukaro I'm having a problem updating Artifice on the server can you get on irc?

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Ixjuvin posted:

Yo Wylker I keep trying to fire up your modpack but it just goes to a grey screen and hangs forever, whats the deal with this thing? I've heard it takes a while to load up but this is ridiculous.

Make sure you have 'increase permgen' clicked in the technic launcher settings. Also it takes a minimum of 2gb to run.

Erogenous Beef posted:

You may want to tinker a bit in Creative to figure that out. The internal dynamics are somewhat complicated.

Hi E-Beef glad you're not dead

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Unfortunately the next Wylkerpack (1.6) will no longer include MoC because its just too hard to make things work right. Maybe one day forge will give hooks for mod makers to have their mobs spawn in an intelligent fashion but until then I've sorta given up on it.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

Maybe it will help my issue with heatscar spiders spawning in the over world. When do you anticipate releasing it?

A lot of mods I want to play next time are not in the pack yet. You can go disable heatscar spiders in the mo creatures config though.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Vib Rib posted:

It's been said already, but I'm pretty sure Heatscar Spiders are Natura, not Zulu, not Mo Creatures.

The issue isnt' what mod they come from. The issue is in how Mo Creatures globally changes how mobs spawn.

On a side note, here is a video about OpenBlocks, a cool mod made by Mikee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbCxjv9NozM

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Fortis posted:

Is this for 1.5.2? I might be an idiot but I don't see any indication of the intended version anywhere.
I hope so, because I need this mod in my life.

It's 1.5.2, I probably should have mentioned that...

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

If you're having trouble with Supplier pipes, update to latest dev logipipes. They've been working on them a ton lately. Use the Full or Partial settings.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Uh you guys know Gregorius is one of the only remaining contributors to IC2 these days right? I wouldn't be surprised at all if those were his ideas.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Rutibex posted:

There actually are a few. The problem is there is no way to ensure the resolver will assign the same IDs to every client; so it makes multiplayer a lot more difficult. It works fine if you just want to play alone:

http://www.minecraftdl.com/id-resolver-mod/

It works sometimes.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

fondue posted:

there are going to be thousands of mods once the API is available

AHHAhahhahahah Ahhahahahahahahhahahaha

*breath*

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaahhahaaha

:)

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Because the disease of tediousness==difficulty is spreading.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Enzer posted:

Hey, maybe people will finally accept that RP2 is gone. :v:

SHUT THE gently caress UP 1.3.2 FOREVER

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

wargames posted:

When the API comes out.

The best answer.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Video is gone what happened?

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

wargames posted:

Yell at Wylker to make new videos.

Coming soon (tm)

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

KingLemming posted:

We're going to add a facade/cover system to TE. We're not moving stuff over to FMP as it stands for various reasons; there are some definite performance questions that need to be answered before making that particular leap.

But honestly, I put a lot of work into that render, why does everyone want to hide it? :(

What I'd love to see out of facades would be a camo type of plate that surrounds the conduit/etc with something that matches the blocks on either side but still shows you the conduit. So a horizontal conduit would be flush with the edge of the block and visible, and then above/below it would match the surrounding textures. I love the renders and like seeing stuff fly around in my pipes/fluiducts, but I don't like gaping holes in my walls.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Fortis posted:

The official Technic packs (Technic, Voltz, Hexxit, Big Dig, etc) get permission. That's why RailCraft isn't in Technic (afaik) for instance.
Plus/OMP and Toast don't get permission as far as I know. Most people just putting a pack up for friends on the platform don't bother to get permission. I have a couple unlisted packs and I don't bother.

The only time I'm aware of a lone guy putting together a modpack and seeking out permission for every single mod was when 30.5 Days embarked on his quest to get Big Dig for 1.4.7 made, before it was officially part of Technic. He actually succeeded, but from what I remember about his chronicle of the events, it's probably a lot more work than most people (working by themselves) would be willing to do just to make a modpack.

edit:
I remember when the Solar Helmet thing happened where it would detect Technic and say "no cookie for you" in the crash log, which always struck me as particularly smug and simultaneously dumb as hell. That was RichardG, I think, who has always been a class act.
\/\/\/

My modpack with 70 or so mods in it had 100% permissions too. Since then I've realized that it's silly to ask.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

KL will probably show up and help you guys but make sure you're on the latest beta and post some screenshots, this will help a ton.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

If you're looking for a better than BC quarry check out Mekanism. The mod itself is a little.... inconsistent but the Miner is amazing. It's probably a little too strong but Aidan is working on the mod every day and I'm sure it'll get there.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Open blocks has a really neat elevator block in it too if you want something less 'cheaty' than extra utilities.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Hey guys, I've got a new modpack assembled. It's in late late beta stages right now (just playtesting for config issues or conflicts) the focus is on building materials this time. While there is still plenty of tech, there are some 40-50 different metal blocks, I think 20ish types of wood, the ability to build slopes, different glass, etc.

Its a fairly impressive modlist with 67 or so individual jar files but seems to run like a champ.

If you're interested in the pack it is on the technic platform at this url: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/wylkers-lp-modpack

You'll have to manually select the version as 4.0.0 for now I should have a stable promoted version this week.

I'm also starting a new LP server and am looking for some fresh meat to play with. I'd like to have a crop of 30 or so players to draw from and then hopefully have 10-12 people on. If you're interested in playing email me: wylkersvideos (at) gmail.com. I don't need a fancy application, just let me know you're a goon and that you're not a retard and I'll send you the server details. The only important bit is that I'll need your minecraft name in the subject line of the email.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Turtlicious posted:

What mods are in your pack?

If you click on the link to the pack you can see the modlist :)

Ixjuvin posted:

Oh maaan, I haven't touched minecraft since I was last on your server and my body is ready. :getin:

Are you going to publish the rest of the Hexxit videos?

Yeah I still have them just need to publish...

I already sent you an email with the server info :P

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

I emailed basically everyone who emailed me for access to the new server. I have seen 1-2 people tops from the list. Check your junk mail, get on the server! Hard launch tonight at 2300 central time.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Ignore those g+ invites, I have to use stupid google+ to make a mailing list. If you didn't see the big invite email, shoot me an email again and I'll forward it to you.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

m2pt5 posted:

Which minimap? Rei's, Zan's (now Voxelmap), or MapWriter?

I'm honestly not a fan of mapwriter. I used to always use Rei's, but Zan's is good too. I like how Zan's can teleport you to waypoints if you have teleport perms.

Mapwriter is a little awkward to start with but once you play with all the options I think it is the overall best. I miss having the 3d waypoints from Rei's but I prefer the flexibility of mapwriter a lot more. It can do the teleport thing too btw.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

It's really only a matter of time until Lemming reflects vanilla double chests out of the game anyway.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Hello!

I have a new Let's Play series on youtube featuring many goons from this thread.

You can watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnNaLgXxpGo

I will likely be inviting a few stragglers to this party also as our members die off/disappear but not until after the holidays.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Ixjuvin posted:

get the gently caress out

e: I'll be back like next week guys, holidays stuff. Wylker pls fix the hellhole in my house and return my itams to the prime material plane, thanx~

Been wondering where you were. Was trying to get with you to fix your house, shout at me when you're back.

Also here is a redstone arsenal spotlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-inprgOrwJA

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Gerdalti posted:

I just turned your mod pack on technic into a server using mcpc+. Just wanted to say thanks for putting it up there.

No problem! I hope your server enjoys it. I will caution you to watch for updates. I have some bleeding edge mods in there and will generally update to fix horrible game breaking bugs :)

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

McFrugal posted:

One server I was on had serious trouble with mobs spawning at night- as in, no mobs were spawning- and taking out MCPC+ fixed it.

That was a known bug and is fixed now.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Just an FYI to people using my pack. Smartmoving is currently incompatible with non-windows versions of java. No I don't know why and the mod author has not responded to me. They can still play the pack but need to remove smartmoving from the mods folder first.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

GhostSeven posted:

Pack maintainers that run solder.

I have a solder setup from when I maintained Toast, now I used to manually zip each mod update upload it and add a new version of each mod, then update a new release version by selecting each updated mod etc etc.

Is there a way for me to essentially bulk upload mods / mod changes and keep versions in sync or is it still a horrible manual process.

Or more likely have I been doing it all wrong all this time like some slack-jawed idiot.

Nope, one at a time. I have an idea for some tools that would make it easier but I'm lazy and bad at scripting so those may never happen.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

For those of you hunting packs my Let's Play pack is pretty refined at this point. We've been running it for a few weeks with very few issues. Features include NO forestry or railcraft. Mek, TE, and Tinkers Construct make up your tech backbone and TC4 is in there for your robe/wizard hat needs. And there are a bajillion ores.

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/wylkers-lp-modpack.40

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Hey don't put Ars Magicka in packs if you want the pack to work. Honestly you should look at what I put together its what you're talking about exactly :P

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

I ran a private 1.6.4 server just fine with rear end magic.

Hi KoL I miss you.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

He says he's going to start by making a wiki. This means he'll work on the wiki for a month and say gently caress it and disappear again.

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Shukaro I have a present for you: http://pastebin.com/5DgZNEgA

This is on 222. Not sure what caused it, we updated and a player logged into his base and crashes. Confirmed when others approach that chunk.

e; Shukaro players are also reporting that the sickle now clears a large area but only drops the harvest from the item clicked upon.

GhostSeven: my idea was basically a solder lite windows client. Something that you can just drag and drop files into and it matches them up with an existing file, pulls the version from some pre-decided parse you've given it, and then uploads -> inserts into the solder db. Seems like it shouldn't be THAT hard but idk I haven't even looked at it.

wylker fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wylker
Jul 7, 2009

Serifina posted:

Out of curiosity, aside from OpenBlocks tanks (which are pretty laggy), what mods given large tanks?

Mek has dynamic tanks, which are sorta neat clones of RC tanks.

• Locked thread