Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I do not get the reference of the thread title.

e: Also, my posting rank slipped to #33 in the last thread. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

chrisf posted:

I've never been able to get a Chocobo to go through a nether portal. You can find purple ones in the nether that should be able to fly and are also fire resistant.

Safari nets are pretty awesome for hauling chocobos through portals and mystcraft books.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm on a Toast server and I live in a Mountain Range biome. I've got a town near me, and I am working on cleaning it up and improving it. Unfortunately, there's a lot of terrain I need to level around the town (and my house) to do so.

Here's the dynmap:

What would be the best way to rapidly flatten a lot of the hills around me? Just blow them up?

e: Is there a way to disguise a block as another block? I know there are facades/microblocks but those don't really work here. I want to move my Smeltery into my processing room but I want to have part of it occupy the exterior wall. But I also don't want it to 'show', I want it to match the rest of the wood.

Does toast have buildcraft? The buildcraft filler works great to level obnoxious terrain.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Tsurupettan posted:

Yes, it does. How does the filler work? I'll go make one!

Fillers need buildcraft power, so make sure you've got that. I just like to yank my REC off my power stack (or have a dedicated one). You will also need four Landmarks (lapis + redstone torch,) nine glass, and a lever.

First, you'll need to use the landmarks to define the area you want to clear. Place one landmark on one corner of the cube that you want to clear out. This is your BASE LANDMARK. All other landmarks must be able to touch this landmark with a straight line. To assist you, place a lever down next to the first landmark and turn it on. This will draw laser guides that will show you valid places to place your additional landmarks. Place additional landmarks to define the cube you want to clear. Place one straight ahead, one to the left or right, and one either up or down (guessing up for you) along the laser guides. Once finished, go back to the BASE LANDMARK, turn off the lever and pick it up, then right click on the BASE LANDMARK. This will draw a red laser cube.

Next, plop down your builder adjacent to the BASE LANDMARK. It should be outside the red laser box and have a face available so that power can be received. Doing this will convert your red laser box to yellow/black ticker tape, and cause the landmarks to drop as items. Go collect them if you want to save them for later. Next, open up the builder GUI. Take the nine glass and place one in each slot in the 3x3 crafting grid above. (This will tell it to go into clear mode.) Now, drop the REC or other power next to the builder. At this point, it should start clearing terrain, starting from the bottom of the defined area and going upwards. Enjoy!

Note: blocks mined by the builder cannot be picked up and will despawn very quickly.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

fondue posted:

Can you edit a Minecraft Forge created world (ie BiomesOPlenty, etc) with MCEdit?

You can! It may be difficult to tell what is what, though, since MCEdit won't understand the block types, but you can definitely do it. I had to do it a while back when I discovered a (now-fixed) bug with hoppers and Forestry carpenters.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Dohaeris posted:

I'm having that issue where using a mouse button 4 or 5 causes the menu to open in minecraft. Playing on an FTB Unleashed server. How the hell do I fix this most annoying of problems?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1303746-side-mouse-button-problemssupport/ doesn't fix it.

Weird -- I was having this exact same problem, and that link fixed it for me. :shrug:

Then, of course, it made minecraft sound really strange and glitchy, so I had to turn all sound off :v: Such is the price for binding push to talk to the mouse I guess.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Moogle posted:

Oh, and I don't know if it's changed, but if you install that Pam crop thing, be prepared to spend the rest of your days updating ID's.

My loving GOD, is this part ever irritating. I acceded to including the Pam's mods once in a private modpack, and jesus loving christ it was painful. Never again.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bluemillion posted:

What I really need is a chest that can output directly to a Thermal Expansion machine. A solid block with a chest sized inventory and TE style configurable inputs and outputs. It would really make my early machine setups a lot cleaner.

A chest on a vanilla minecraft hopper doesn't do good enough?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

What does the MFR plastic bag do?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

TheChad posted:

So I haven't played minecraft in forever, booted it up and installed Tekkit as it was recommended on the first page here.

Ahh, what do I do, there are a billion new recipes and I'm having choice overload. Is there some sort of starter guide so I can focus on the important early stuff? I remember from industrialcraft I need to get some power plants of some sort up and running early, do I still do that? (I think tekkit is related to industrialcraft?)

Nope, industrialcraft was cut from the modern Tekkit. Good riddance, too.

You'll want to start with steam engines and a pulverizer / powered furnace combo.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

When starting out, don't forget that applied energistics has a manual ore grinder that you can make with sticks, stone, and 3 certus quartz dust, that provides a low-tech, high-effort way to double your ore yields.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The author of those is also a furry.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Magmarashi posted:

Unless dog-loving is a major mod gameplay mechanic to generate power or something, who gives a gently caress (besides you, i guess)?

It doesn't, yet, but the inclusion of Lube as a liquid that you carry around in buckets sets the furry level to "Guarded." There might be some Better Than Wolves compatibility in there that we don't know about.

Halibut Barn posted:

I was going to say that RotaryCraft was nice for an easy 5x ore production method, but remembered I'm a few versions behind on it and it looks like the magnetostatic engine has been nerfed in the most recent versions. Used to be that you just needed RF power, a magnetostatic engine, and a bevel gear to drive the extractor, but now it doesn't produce enough torque on its own.

I don't really mind spergy stuff like Gregtech if it's something that can be treated like optional 'endgame' stuff to tinker with when I'm bored of everything else, but Rotarycraft still makes my head spin whenever I try to read its manual.

I don't know much about Rotarycraft, but I had someone on the NST Diet server set me up one of those extractor hooberjobbers in my base so I could multiply my yellorite, and he set it up with a CVT thingie that was basically filled to the chock with belts of some kind. That plus a magnetostatic whatsit was enough to run the extractor.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

bbcisdabomb posted:

The mod is about things spinning really fast. Is lubricating moving parts a foreign concept? Why do you think cars need oil?

Sure, but he could had held his cards a little closer to his chest by calling it "oil."

I guess I should be content with the fact that the plant the lube comes from is called canola instead of rapeseed.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The Mattybee posted:

Is there anything that makes... less light? Like takes away light from a place?

Extra Utilities has blackout curtains, which cut the amount of light that passes through them.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Geekkake posted:

I'm ashamed at the modding community's failure to capitalize on brine production in Mekanism and add cucumbers and pickles.

Edit: Also pickled pig's feet.

A slight tangent, but holy poo poo, brine production in Mekanism is awful. The towers require an insane amount of water. You need dozens of Aqueous Accumulators, a handful of engineer's toolbox water producing thingers, or a massively upgraded liquid transfer node from Extra Utilities. Every single block in the tower (4x4 tower going up 18 blocks) ticks, even the blocks that don't do anything. And even then, there isn't enough brine coming out of that tower to handle a single chemical injector thinger, so you need at least two per person. They are lag monsters and we ended up banishing them from our server and setting up a creative tank with brine on a public tessaract frequency instead.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Is there any alternative? I got the impression that setup was a way to poo poo out ore berries, which is probably excessive if we're talking more than one a second. However, if there's something where it's something like once a minute for a 3x3 grid of them, I couldn't complain.

You can use Lamps of Growth from Thaumcraft, if you are willing to suffer its recently-made-terrible essentia pipes. You can also use Lilypads of Fertility from Xeno's Reliquary for a small boost. Neither of these are better than the watering can, but they do help.

Honestly, though, if you are trying to grow metals, look into Magical Crops. They have much better yield.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

scalded schlong posted:

Itemduct, hit with a wrench to make the blue arrow red, with a redstone signal provided (i.e a lever next to it).

Alternatively give your itemduct a pneumatic servo, that only takes a redstone, two iron, and two glass to craft and allows for finer control (e.g. grabbing whole stacks at once).

Does tekkit even have the new Thermal Expansion?

If this doesn't work, just use a hopper. NOTE: if you are playing on a multiplayer server, the admin might hate you for using a hopper. It's fine for single player.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

EE2 was a bad mod, and I'm glad it's dead.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Is there a Technic Platform version of Agrarian Skies that isn't a dead link to a dropbox account and that actually has the map in place?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Elth posted:

I've been playing TerrafirmaCraft by myself lately. I'm having an insanely hard time finding copper, even after finally scrounging up just enough to make a pickaxe, and wasting an ingot's worth by letting it cool in the clay mold. Now I'm just trying to get enough copper to make a chisel to make smooth stone to make a quern to grind kaolonite and graphite to make fire clay to make a crucible to melt down my iron to finally have enough tools to do stuff.

Last time I played, it was in a multiplayer server where everybody else just built everything while I wasn't there and I had no idea what was going on.

Sucks to be you.

But yeah, like Edminster said, panning is how you are supposed to get your starting metal nuggets now, and it's super simple. Panning can now drop native copper, native silver, and native gold, which is all you need to make black bronze. Nuggets on the ground are more for prospecting than being your starting metal supply with the new version.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Saxophone posted:

I'm not sure why I have so many drat problems come up, but alas they do.

So I've built a pulveriser and a stirling engine. Any attempt to place the engine result in the blue end facing up. This causes it to not connect to my pulveriser. I have redstone current running to it as well as fuel inside, but no amount of using the buildcraft wrench, or the hammer tool will change its' direction. Any attempts to right click the engine onto the pulveriser just result in the pulveriser menu coming up and Shift-right-clicking it with the wrench doesn't faze the engine. Simply right clicking it tool or not brings up the fuel interface.

I'm really starting to think I'm really dumb. Could be terrible luck, but jesus god I've never had so much frustration as I have getting engines to work in Minecraft. It's honestly right around the point that I tend to just quit playing packs because I build up a base and then start trying to get engines to work and... yeah.

Uninstall buildcraft and try again.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Serifina posted:

It does. It's what frustrates me most about single-player with AgSkies. I have, in the past, left my computer running and me AFK to let time-intensive stuff finish and I can't do that here.

Make a seat. It removes your hunger bar when you sit on it.

One thing I wish I had done earlier: make a pair of invar shears, as soon as possible. These things mow through leaf blocks and still drop enough saplings to keep the trees going. Iron shears work just as fast, but last about a tenth of the time. I burned through an entire pair of iron shears on one large oak tree.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Vib Rib posted:

By that point you can probably just make a harvester and throw on a steam dynamo with a few charcoal in it. Infinite leaf-shearing, no durability.

You can make invar shears much earlier than that. You can alloy iron and nickel directly in the smeltery, so it's available as soon as you can start using a smeltery and sieve.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

MFR auto spawners are giving me problems. Can anyone help me?

I have an autospawner set up to make precious, precious ender pearls. However, it isn't making endermen very often. The machine has plenty of space, mob essence, and power, and I've increased the entity limit to 100,000 before it stops making stuff (it's a single player map.) The machine just keeps idling at a very low rate -- 15-20 ticks, the idle bar goes down to zero, and then it pops back up to 15-20 without doing anything. What could be causing this?

The rednet cable going into the bottom is not connecting to anything else, and the lever on it is off.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Shuffle posted:

pretty sure your auto-spawner is too high up it's it's trying to spawn enderman with their feet on it's level which means their heads would be in the ceiling

This was it -- thanks!

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

EvilHawk posted:

I've just discovered how to easily automate obsidian production. Igneous extruder into a fluiduct leading to the side of a stone barrel with water flowing over the top, item duct underneath to take it away. How have I not realised this before?

Oh nice, didn't know stone barrels did this. I was using a mariculture vat, which does the same thing but is a lot more expensive to make.

You can also use an igneous extruder in obsidian mode.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Gerdalti posted:

Best (early game) lava gen in Agrarian Skies? Playing with a buddy of mine and just about to setup automated smelting, but this crucible isn't going to cut it.

One crucible being fed by an igneous extruder was way more than enough to power a smeltery. Right now I'm powering a whole mess of machines on four crucibles lit by netherrack fire and there is more than enough lava.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

In Agrarian Skies, what kind of pickaxe do I need to mine in the nether? Iron/invar is barely cutting it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Echophonic posted:

I tried a pretty basic setup earlier and it didn't work, but I tried again and it did. I guess it acts strangely indoors? Weird.

Anyway, my new issue is automating Enriched Alloy production. I can't seem to figure out the right way to hook a Metallurgic Infuser into my network. There's some stuff online about factories and the like, but I want to be able to auto-craft them on-demand with an ME Interface instead of just doing the import and export bus thing that's always running.

If you've got redstone to burn, just have a basic export bus dump unlimited amounts of redstone into the redstone input.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

You can also use an MFR Block Smasher, fed with mob essence, to act like a fortune pickaxe of configurable quality on the ore.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

It also works if you just have flowing water on top. This makes it a little better than an igneous extruder, since the latter will also consume the water you pipe in.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Pidmon posted:

Anyone got AS open at the moment? After my migraine last night I realised I should really get to finishing some of the food quests (including the bragging rights ones). How many are 'craft' as opposed to 'consume' of the Hunger Overhaul food quests?

All the food quests are consume, in quantities from 200 (soybeans) to 50,000 (lettuce).

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

BlueOccamy posted:

I'm curious how people have been powering their MFR laser drills. If I put a tesseract over the center bit and redstone energy conduits from it to each of the four pre-chargers, it doesn't seem to power them fully. Do I have to power more sides of the tesseract connected to my power source, or connect more sides of the pre-chargers, or both?

A single redstone energy conduit can only transfer 10k RF/t. This, conveniently, is how much you need to power four prechargers at 2500 RF/t each. If your input tessaract only has one connection, and you are using that channel to power other things, your prechargers won't get the benefit of the additional juice. If your power stack can generate more than 10k RF/t, you can connect multiple, isolated redstone energy conduits to the same tessaract, and the upper bound will increase by 10k for each.

Additionally, check your energy cells, if you are using them to buffer energy. They have a configurable choke on input and output, and in particular nothing but a resonant energy cell can output the full 10k.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Man, I had no idea that fluiducts could be filtered with pneumatic servos like itemducts. I was doing the liquid meat quest in Agrarian Skies and I wanted to pump the pink slime into a separate tank (for making slime balls), and I fiddled around with a liquid router for like 15 minutes to no success before I was like "hey I wonder if this works", and touched the monolith. Thanks again to the Thermal Expansion guys for making a great mod.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

AceClown posted:

Really stuck here guys, I can't mine sulfur in the nether, I have an Alumite pick and yet nothing I can do mines that fucker.

I even tried a terrain smasher and that won't even harvest them...

For sulfur specifically, you can pulverize blaze rods and get sulfur 50% of the time. You do have an auto-spawner and a blaze in a safari net, right?

For mining it from the nether, you need to use your alumite pick to mine ardite, then make an ardite pickaxe to mine cobalt, then alloy the cobalt and ardite into manyulln (or however it's spelled,) which will finally allow you to mine nether sulfur.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

AceClown posted:

Wow that's a lot of bullshit, not got far enough for the autospawner stuff just yet either :(

Yeah -- the nether is also loving dangerous. I'm thankful for the flasks of invisibility and flight that I got in a reward bag or from a normal quest reward.

Work on the autospawner and the mob tower you need to fuel it, in my opinion -- the amount of resources that come in just from the mob drops are worth it alone, but being able to autospawn blazes and endermen makes things so much easier.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

AceClown posted:

Will someone please tell me why my enderman autospawner isn't working?

http://imgur.com/a/lvUKL

Pic 1 & 2 show that the spawner has both power and mob essence

3 is where the grinder is (I need to add conveyors, I know)

4 is the overall setup

I've been dicking about and I just don't get it, when I made it first I accidently made it 5x5 and they were spawning outside so I rebuilt it and now nothing? It has a reusable safari net and I've tried both exact copy on and off but nothing?

There's no errant redstone signals causing any problems either, I just don't get it...

The autospawner actually needs to be inside of the cage. It spawns monsters on the same y-level as itself, and if there are any blocks in the way (such as the ceiling yours has right above it,) it won't spawn anything.

(I ran into this exact problem in a slightly different way before. :haw:)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Serifina posted:

So, these popped up on Twitter last night:

First, yay! Maybe TE3 will actually be out for 1.7.2 soon. I am seriously missing it. Also, those upgrade slots! What does all that do?

Here's to hoping one of them will finally increase processing speed. I am really missing options like Better Furnaces or Mekanism's elite factories in Agrarian skies for processing stuff; redstone furnaces are so slow :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McFrugal posted:

Let me guess: You tried using one while wearing armor? You're only undetectable if you're wearing no armor. Tools are fine.

It still doesn't work very well. Even when stripped of all armor and not wielding a tool, about half of the mobs still know where you are. Nitro creepers especially have no problems locating you through the invisibility. I'm guessing that pigs don't, until you mine something near them, in which case they are damaged and suddenly know where you are.

• Locked thread