Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Glory of Arioch posted:

I do not get the reference of the thread title.

I was fired from Technic Inc. Corp. Enterprises!

Sage Grimm posted:

I don't get the context of the last MOD DRAMA entry. I was going to ask about that in the other thread but I was too late it seems.

My rear end is getting sued off, gosh it's like nobody talks about the real important things anymore. Like my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Just wanted to let everyone know that 1.6 support and the re-write of the back-end of the Technic launcher is Olloth's swan song. He's been offered a job at Amazon. To recap, that makes two former Technic developers getting hired by Amazon. They should really be paying us a finders fee :getin:

Technic will steam ahead, rest assured!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Would the ones that were hired by amazon still be working on technic or have they said their goodbyes?

Agelian (the original Technic launcher dev) is still around, we've become friends. In dire emergencies he'll descend from the clouds and offer his assistance. I imagine Olloth here will be the same, still around and still aware of everything going on, but not working on the project in an official capacity. Kind of like grandparents.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

HiKaizer posted:

It feels like there have been one or two waves of modders that have dropped off the scene due to various things and updates to Minecraft. I guess my view is that while we might lose some at 1.7, we'd probably end up gaining new ones as well. It seems a little ridiculous how people sometimes scream that a single update will be "the death of Minecraft modding" or the such. Not that much of the community can really be defined by their great wisdom and rational thought.

I really like these updates because it culls the mods that need to be cut and forces the community to move forward. The community kicking and screaming while it's dragged toward progress is one of my favorite things :getin:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Because it fits into both, it can be both technological and magic. That's why Quantum Physics owns.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

I was waiting for this to be talked about so I can talk about it :v

Back in October Curse/Donovan Duncan approached me/Technic. The deal they wanted was to acquire Technic and all it's assets for a set amount, and then hire me as their 'Minecraft Modding' lead. Specifically, fixing Curse Forge and then maybe moving on to their other non-Minecraft modding items in Curse's stable. So, sell Technic + properties to Curse, then I would become a Curse employee and fix their stuff.

Curse representative posted:

I have a guy there now, but he loving sucks

Their offer sucked. Give up control (which we've been very careful to maintain) for pennies vs. what it's worth, and then me to abandon the team that is Technic. The best part was I responded to the offer (after talking with Duncan a few times over the phone) with 'dramatic increase in what is being offered'. The response was 'we can't afford that' and that's where the talking stopped. On top of that dealing with Curse was just hilarious. Here we are, discussing grown-up business deals, and the dude has :D! in it, all lower case. I'm hardly a super-pro but it's a little insulting in a business setting like that.

ANYWAY, Curse tried to buy Technic and hire me (just me) and I told them to get bent (by asking for what we are worth and a place for the whole team at Curse) and they ran away. Looks like they went with their second choice of FTB, but I can't imagine an 'advisory role' is a stable position there. I expected if I went to Curse with their offer I'd be out within a year. We'll see what skills slowpoke has to prove is worth to them, but really, he didn't have a choice now did he.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 10, 2014

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Taffer posted:

Thank you for staying classy. Now I can watch this trainwreck with glee without being worried that it will destroy the modding scene.

Will all that business about Forge and LexManos have any significant effect? I know he's a giant douche, but my understanding was that he's a pretty big part of forge development.

LexManos is actually a rad dude. I wish he was a big jerk but like DireWolf20, they are both real good guys.
LexManos IS Forge. Someone would always take his place if he did make an exit.

Really the only person that can't leave Minecraft modding is cpw, because if he leaves then modding as we know it dies right then and there.

No, this Curse thing is a non-issue really. Curse gets sweet sweet adclicks from forums and domains and things, but Forge is OS so HEH. From what we know FTB is still owned by...whoever. From what I know with talking with the guy, LexManos wanted to not deal with forums nor hosting things, just Forge itself. This allows him that luxury. He still makes Forge but all the stuff he doesn't care about is taken care of by Curse. Slowpoke had to take this deal as well because Feed the Beast doesn't 'own' it's stuff. They don't have a team or servers or domains or employees like Technic does. We own all our own stuff, run our own servers, design our own backends.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Serifina posted:

For all the poo poo that you guys give Curse, the CurseForge website itself is a godsend for actual downloads, given how many modders use totally random ways to host their mods on the web, some of which suck a lot like SugarSync. Used properly, it's got space for changelogs, it stores old versions, and so on. Actual navigation's a pain in the rear end, but the individual mod pages are good.

That said, this FtB/Curse deal sounds completely god-awful and I'm forced to just laugh like crazy given how long it took FtB to even get a stable launcher after the MC1.6 update, and how completely freaking insane they are over the idea of modder's rights and so on, particularly how big a deal they made it that they were turning FtB into a business.

It's still up to the modders themselves to update on CurseForge (hope you have Curse Premium!!!!!!), although I will grant you cutting out adfly-like things is nice. It's more a problem with the community and Mojang not even trying a little bit rather than Curse going out of their way to improve the community. Curse is after ad clicks and nothing else. Everything they do has to meet the following criteria:

1. Ad clicks
2. Everything else

A legit business plan, but they are so short sighted about it. If they'd just develop things a little more, be a little more fair, they could make even more money without getting the reputation they get as being a pump and dump company. Google didn't get to be giant and huge by short terming everything, they play the long view and they've been rewarded for it. Same thing with Valve, they showed restraint with things and ultimately it paid off handsomely. I know this is just Minecraft modding but man, you can make money and not be a dick about it and still drive the community to improve itself. Curse is just uncontested in the space they are operating in so they can afford to be sloppy idiots about it.

In other news, sct updated the Platform to show a proof-of-concept thing we've been working on, now you can see user-made packs and their popularity in terms of installs and runs.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

EricFate posted:

So what is the over/under on how long before they shitcan Slowpoke?

I dunno, maybe a year? I have no idea what contracts or agreements they actually have, but if I were him I would have asked for at least a two-year no-poo poo-canning claus before I signed anything. I have no idea what slowpoke's skills are or what value he adds to Curse. The moment they are done with him they'll not have him around I imagine.

Blind Duke posted:

I am incredibly pleased the top modpack is Portuguese, good on ya Brazilians

This version of Platform only sorts by votes, so it isn't really an indication of popularity as you'd expect.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

m2pt5 posted:

I suspect the "more average" players don't particularly care what version of Minecraft a pack is built on.

Minecraft versions don't matter when it comes to modpack popularity, otherwise people wouldn't STILL play the poo poo out of Tekkit Classic, more than 'new' Tekkit. The average player is more someone that never goes to Minecraft Forums, has no idea who LexManos is and gives no shits about modder's egos. They want to play content as easy as possible. If you are someone that wants to run a server with minecraft mods, you also don't give a poo poo about any of that, you care about what mods add content for whatever community you are trying to build/cater to.

It's a part of why platform is popular, it allows Crafting Dead or A Era do Futuro or server owners to help ease delivery to their players. Do Platform packs count toward Technic popularity? I dunno. Do you rate popularity based on mentions? Downloads? Data throughput? YouTube mentions? If you are allowed to use Thaumcraft or Railcraft?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Blind Duke posted:

Could Curse obtaining FTB actually be a good thing for the users?

FTB had little to do with it, and it has everything to do with LexManos and Forge. At Minecon I heard slowpoke say, and I'm paraphrasing here: "I don't care about their (Technic) users I care about MY (FTB) users!" during his retarded freakout 5 minutes before the panel. That guy is more KakerMix than I am and he's said some seriously heinous poo poo in regards to Minecraft mods. We never bother to make a big deal out of it because the dude does an excellent job digging graves on his own.

LexManos, however, has always (especially at Minecon when we had a lot of time to talk) been adamant about whatever repository was made that it would be open to everyone, FTB, Technic, DNS Techpack (lol) or Curse or any other system that wants to use it. Kind of like Mojang has been saying lately, as long as you don't try to claim you made content you didn't it's all good in the hood.

Mojang's clarified stance on all this means Technic has always had their blessing :v:

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 25, 2014

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Gorfob posted:

How goes the Solder part of the Technic Platform? Any movements? The github has been reasonably quiet as of late.

sct has actually been doing a bunch of work on Solder. It's all in the dev branch, expect news soon.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

He's jumping on the bandwagon for the sake of jumping on the bandwagon. His reason to leave are because he doesn't get respect from Mojang that he thinks he should, not because of some EULA clarification. If cpw leaves it's because of reasons he already had, not because of this non-issue thing that's the latest drama bomb.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Minecraft will be fine, and so will the modding for it. It might look a little different, have a different name attached to different mods, but it will be fine. As Taffer just said, literal millions of people everyday. You know what all these hot-shot modders that are up in arms about this non-issue of the EULA were before they were big-shot modders?

Players.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Inepta Lacerta posted:

Not to drag up the modders rights drama again, but it seems Marc has backpedaled a bit (or rather, he defers to Grum and TheMogMiner on it), so I'm a tad confused as to where we actually stand now -- can mods be used in modpacks without asking the modder in question even if they demand you do, or are we still stuck in the situation where the modders have the (theoretical, at least) right to deny access to their mods unless you jump through all kinds of hoops or on the basis of their whims alone?

I realize that this has resolved the whole 'malicious code' issue at least, so there's that and in practice I know I can still mostly just ignore the sometimes outrageous demands (a few, I'd like to add here!) modders make, but I also feel that if I expect modders to understand that regular users are human beings too, it behooves me to at least try to treat them with respect and follow their directions where it's at least reasonable.

Maybe I should just write the support and ask?

Look man Mojang is real indie ok, it can't be like literally every other business in the known universe and do things like 'have a unified message' and 'agree with itself when dealing with customers', that would be selling out to THE MAN.

It doesn't matter who says what, nobody is going to take anyone to court about not asking permission to use a mod in a modpack because nobody gives a poo poo about Minecraft mods. Just imagine trying to bring someone to court over not asking to use a freely available mod. Imagine explaining to the judge exactly what the case is over and what the damages* are. Regardless of the technicalities or laws or rules or EULAs or ~whatever~ this is something that will never happen. Ever.

*There are no damages because there isn't any money involved, and if there IS money involved well suddenly Mojang's contradictory EULA comes into the picture and the collective justice systems of the world continue to ignore electronic lego mods.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hey I know you guys usually roll your own packs because you guys are way faster at it than we are, but if you are at all interested we've released the server files for Attack of the B-Team. I also know it isn't most peoples' here style either, but the anticipation is pretty thick. We've also raised over $7500 since Monday so that's cool.

http://donate.technicpack.net/

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Mojang is an unprofessional mess hiding behind 'indie', cpw is a typical computer dude in the sense that he's got immense talent in a single place yet thinks this means his opinion outside of place has the same weight, dude has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to players. This also describes Grum! (hint: Players are going to do whatever the gently caress they want and Mojang nor cpw nor anyone else can stop them)

I saw it was mentioned already but we're having a livestream tomorrow (probably going to be awkward and awful) about the new Platform and Launcher we've been working on which should be interesting to those of you that are into that stuff. They have a huge increase in features and general usability so if you guys have questions you can ask me here or join in on the livestream as we be terrible on the internet!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

bbcisdabomb posted:

When's this? I'd like to tune in!

http://www.technicpack.net/livestream

Saturday 9pm EST, it will be sct, CanVox (or 35.5 days or whatever the hell he is here on SA) and I shooting the poo poo and showing off the new stuff we've got cooking, including my favorite new stuff, new art!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

azsedcf posted:

Will this be recorded by twitch, or will you upload a recording to YouTube?

I'm going to have a very slow connection until tomorrow and I don't want to miss the stream, but I don't think I'll be able to watch it.

It will be recorded yeah, on twitch itself and then on YouTube as well, no biggie!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hey so we did our livestream thing last night showing off the new Launcher and Platform and how they work. We're having issues pushing it to YouTube but it is on twitch HERE.

If you just want to see what they look like the Launcher is shown @ 9:05 and Platform is shown @ 33:05, both are functional and workable, just not ready for prime time just yet. Should be around 2 months or so but like anything, no guarantees. Any questions at all let me know and I'll answer best I can.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

ToastyPotato posted:

Is there a quick summary/bullet point list of new features? Can't watch a video for a while.

fondue posted:

Ditto; first warm day of the year and I'm out doing yard chores and reading sa via phone.

Quality of life updates across the board

- Multiple pack maintainers possible so a 'group' can run a modpack now (only 1 owner at a time and only they have the power to delete a pack, ownership can be transferred)
- server specific options for pack maintainers
- Lots more social stuff, follow anyone or anything, like, comment etc
- Do most things through the launcher itself rather than having to go to the site including finding and installing packs
- Multiple ways to sort packs now, by tag, 'trending' popularity, installs, likes, etc etc. Since there is so many more ways people can choose to sort packs the chance for abuse is much lower
- More granular control over various options as a pack maintainer or player
- user-made modpacks now can push their own news and comments to player's launchers if they have their pack installed
- elastic search for cool people
- Hot new art and design for rad people
- Our Platform software is no longer Minecraft specific
- Lots of other things I'm probably forgetting

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

McFrugal posted:

Wait, what? Are you edging in on Nexus's turf?

I'd like it better if Curse and Nexus weren't the only third-party games in town for user-created content for games, wouldn't you?

We'll see where it goes.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hahah Rutibex. Welcome back old friend!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Enzer posted:

It is stupid, but it is crappy business poo poo they have to balance. I agree that they could have called out ATLauncher directly, but in the end they either have to do a blanket statement of "Mojang doesn't support any third party launcher and users should be careful because some third party launchers are doing bad things" or go "Hey, be careful with third party launchers, "Launcher X" has been caught doing "X" with user log in information." The latter of which is going to get a bunch of people going "OK, so "X Launcher" was doing that, is "Y" ok? What about "Z"?" etc etc.

Much easier, and safer from a business perspective, to just tell the userbase to use launchers at their own risk, alert them that there is an issue, let the player base reveal who the hell is doing poo poo which keeps Mojang away from any potential (though highly unlikly) lawsuits with the people making the launcher since they never outright named a specific group, and to just announce that Mojang does not support or condone any third party launcher which helps wash their hands of any support from damages caused by third party launchers. (As a funny side effect of this, it throws dirt in Curse's eye because they are effectively saying that they don't even support Curse's launcher).

Again, I agree it is loving stupid, but from a business perspective it makes sense.

Mojang is outright hostile to its modding community, has seemingly cherry picked the worst people to hire from the community and is just a mind blowing multi-million user mess of a community relation disaster.

I really struggle to find a reason why you are so apologetic for Mojang. It's ok man, they are a big company now, they can come out from behind their indie label at any time.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Serifina posted:

I wonder if this could be added to Agrarian Skies officially. Because I'm definitely adding it unofficially. I've got millions of miles to go before a thaumostatic harness and I need some kind of flight.

Player, an IC2 developer posted:

i'll go to court over this if required, at his expense

Don't count on it getting in officially :v:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hey guys I've got some hot and fresh new information about Mojang's Modding API!

Yesiree bob Mojang is on the ball! API should be coming any day now*

*Mojang has no loving clue about anything in the whole world goddamn

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Regardless of the details in that irc log (sorry :( ) what it is is Grum, a mouthpiece for Mojang, saying users are lazy. Saying that usability doesn't matter. Saying that he doesn't understand how APIs add content, and also says that 'most people don't want content mods' AND this is the same dude who 2~ million users weren't 'statistically significant'.

Mojang clear as day ladies and gentlemen.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Mojang is dead, RIP all RIPs.

EDIT
You know, just hocking 15k usernams and passwords, no big deal

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 2, 2014

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Serifina posted:

So far, this is the only public Mojang response that I've seen or heard of, which doesn't seem very much like panicking at all to me.

The lack of a poorly-thought out tweet from Grum on the matter IS Mojang panicking. The silence is deafening.

Sorry about the shakeup to Minecraft guys, but just because it throws a whole bunch of wrenches into modded Minecraft doesn't mean it's ok to get mad at this guy for protecting what his legally his. Mojang did this sloppy (like they always do) and now it's biting them in the rear end. The fact that the DMCA hasn't been countered yet and Mojang's total silence on the issue means to me they are in the wrong and the DMCA is true and holds weight. Mojang can claim to own Bukkit (what Bukkit actually consists of and how you own whatever it is) and everyone can be real mad at this guy for ruining their electronic lego game but that still doesn't dampen the importance.

This dude and his protection of his contributed code in the face of an obvious hostile takeover by a much larger, much richer company than himself is way important, more important than anything else in this community.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
You guys seen this yet?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

senae posted:

Microsoft couldn't possibly care less about the PC side of things. For modded minecraft, this will mean one of 2 things: either nothing will change, or they'll take resources away from the PC minecraft team and updates will slow to a halt.

It also means we'll never see a wiiu version of minecraft, which is a legitimate shame.

I'm thinking nothing will change. Microsoft is going to care about the console market, maybe they care about the whole Minecraft Realms thing (Now on Azure!) and other for-money pursuits. The merchandising, the movie, that stuff. The future customer base that grew up playing Minecraft 5 hours a day every day their entire childhood is certainly worth something. I bet the twitter shenanigans that Mojang does will stop immediately. We still have all the old versions of Minecraft around also.

Mojang sold out a long time ago with Lego sets and movies, this isn't anything different.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Danny Glands posted:

Didn't mojang turn down a buyout from EA or Activision before? This seems somewhat like unqualified rumor to me right now...

I bet the deal will be signed in two weeks, Notch will leave Mojangrosoft after the deal finishes, Grum and Moogleman will be let go, the Twitter lack-of-PR thing will stop, and we will see an unprecedented uptick in Minecraft on things. I bet we'll even get a Minecraft happy meal!

Fake edit:

I'm being 100% serious too, bring on the chaos :getin:

edit again
New York Times has a few more details about the deal

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 10, 2014

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Parents are not going to buy their 8-year-olds Windows Phones just so they can get to Minecraft, at least not in anywhere near the numbers Microsoft would need to establish significant market share.

I'm not saying this means Microsoft won't try it. Just that it will be a comical disaster if they do.

I think Microsoft isn't quite THAT stupid, but stupid enough to try to make Minecraft 2 an XBox exclusive.

Even that would be dumb though, parents buy Minecraft because it's available on a device, they don't buy devices because of Minecraft. This is including an Xbone exclusive, because I doubt the Xbone is going to be around long enough for a Minecraft 2.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

StealthArcher posted:

We get it. You hate that you bought a lovely console like the bone and your friends didn't follow you. Congrats.

I dig hating on Microsoft as much as anyone, but trying to play the 'lol you bought an xbone' with CanVox/30.5 days is the 'incorrect' angle.

The logic is that we still have the Minecraft we all play right now, while whatever MS does with it is largely irrelevant. I mean sure they could go after the modding community for some reason (unlike our ~glorious~ Mojang caretakers) but it's future Minecraft versions that are called into question, not the one we all have right now.

Do you guys really care what happens with Minecraft 2? Really? Is there something that it could possibly offer that the modding community, or other games, can't?

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Sep 11, 2014

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Archo posted:

I'm not sure if I understand. Getting paid to do what you were already doing for free will kill the community? Because of some kind of infighting?

The way the community is, and the way Minecraft is, how well do you think the community would take having to pay for something they have, up until now, gotten for free? How do you try to enforce it? Would you have to buy the mod to play on a server with it? Or does only the server need to pay? How do you stop people from decompiling the mods? What if someone makes a better mod than yours that does the same thing? What if someone used something that didn't belong to them in their mod, like a song or texture that didn't belong to them? What about the people that bought the mod?

From a 'how do you implement this idea' it's an awful can of hot garbage worms practically and legally holy poo poo what a pain. Then the reaction from the community on top of that.

A system like Steam Workshop where mods are hosted and categorized would be the best way I feel, painless and mod creators still get recognition while being more legally compatible and without poisoning the community because the user content would still be free.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Falcon2001 posted:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2014/sept14/09-15news.aspx

Welp.

Full disclosure because I'm sure I'll end up as part of this discussion: I work for MS, but not in Xbox/gaming, and I had no idea about this before the press release. Was actually pretty sure this was all just rumor mill until just now. Looking forward to another couple months of my workplace being called literal hitler though. :(

I told you guys the deal would be done next week, tooooolllddd youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

CrazyTolradi posted:

This is hilarious, talk about an out of proportion reaction. "Oh no EVIL MICROSOFT.". Thing is, someone will take on their work anyway. It's really like watching someone go through the five stages of loss/grief. They're refusing to accept what's happening and that if they announce they give up modding, it somehow won't happen anymore.

This way of reacting is the modding communties JAM though, it happens every time with everything anyone ever does.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

CrazyTolradi posted:

It's my understanding that FML is worked on by a team, not just cpw. I'm sure someone will step up to the plate to take his place, it's not like Iron Chests is going to be difficult for someone else to either update or implement.

cpw quit before and came back. Since he doesn't seem to have enough pride to stick to his guns the first time I wouldn't be surprised if in 3~ months he starts showing back up again. I honestly don't think that guy can stay away from the community.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Hey who loves reddit why all of Something Awful!

If you don't know what 'TPPI' means (Test Pack Please Ignore) it's a much more rigid tech-focused pack that's existed on the back end of the Feed the Beast launcher, but now resides in an official spot in the Technic launcher!

http://www.technicpack.net/article/view/tppi-comes-to-technic.90

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

CrazyTolradi posted:

So it's like having Minecraft punch you in the face when you're trying to make anything that isn't a wood or stone tool?

It's not "gregtech" in the sense that it's just tossed in, TPPI is more of a giant mod in itself rather than mods slapped together. Still, it's not for everyone.

• Locked thread