Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

Missing Name posted:

I'll be archiving all of the vids on my hard drive.

Uh yeah unlike Pins I don't do anything harder than Vodka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Goldmine

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Dr. Buttass posted:

Good curry needs spices other than just "curry powder" to play with.

Depends on whose spice blend you're using. Since curry is a type of dish and not a spice itself, there are a lot of combinations out there which are labeled "curry powder" without any explanation.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yeah, I was always under the impression that "curry powder" was basically the same thing as "taco seasoning". Not literally the same ingredients, but just a catch-all name for whatever set of spices one uses to make the dish in question. I make my own taco seasoning because it's cheaper and I can limit the amount of salt in it; no reason people can't have their own curry powder recipes that do have all the right spices.

Pins
Jul 16, 2010

Haven't You Heard?

Mico posted:

Uh yeah unlike Pins I don't do anything harder than Vodka.

*Does a line off of your LP*

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Depends on whose spice blend you're using. Since curry is a type of dish and not a spice itself, there are a lot of combinations out there which are labeled "curry powder" without any explanation.

I think it's a location thing. Around here curry isn't such a hugely popular thing that people are making it at home all the time that making your own curry powder is a particularly practical use of your time (side note to Zurai: everything I say here also applies to taco seasoning. You may both decide for yourselves whether or not to lament the culturally destitute wasteland in which I live). If you're super into curry, you find a good restaurant and become a regular. So if you're not making curry all the time at home yourself, but you're still going to do it this time, your options are pretty much limited to "what brand of commercially available curry powder from the grocery store's spice section should I use." Of these options, the contents of the bottle do not vary much from brand to brand and do not, in and of themselves, make for a flavorful and enticing curry.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

It's also an Asian and/or Indian food store thing if you can find one in your area.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Pins posted:

*Does a line off of your LP*

*Does a line of curry powder off of your line*

Mr. Tibbs
Aug 4, 2012

They call me Mister Tibbs!
Burning down the sandcastle would just make a glasscastle.

Loved the LP, but thanks for making me feel worse about the apartment I'm about to move in to for having a glasstop range.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
I learned so much cooking from this LP. This was a fantastic watch.

Final episode: Cooking Mama char-broils the Sandcastle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.
http://lparchive.org/Cooking-Mama-Series/ We're done here, get out. I'm LPing Battleblock Theater now.

• Locked thread