Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Rarity posted:

Cena Bella, I don't think it's really that surprising.
I was surprised the twins have such contrasting personalities. maybe that's a more common thing among twins than I realise, or the show is edited to highlight it more, just surprised me. but the whole one with Cena, one with Bryan thing really makes sense now.

I had no intention of watching this until I looked at this thread expecting it to get torn to shreds and everyone was like "it's much more entertaining than I thought" and I fully agree with that. I'm a sucker for backstage/behind the scenes wrestling stuff, and this show had a lot more of that than I was expecting.

Also: Cena comes across as a plank. maybe he was just real uncomfortable with the show setup, much more swearing, much less rapadoo.

Also2: NXT spot! there was Charlotte Flair training with Nattie, guess this was about 3-4 months before her debut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
I'm surprised nobody commented on Eva Marie during that locker room scene at the end of the episode, as she clearly got the memo saying what the episode was about.

Will the slight drop off in viewers when up against PPVs be a problem for the show? I guess if it keeps as popular as it is normally it won't be.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

getitoffgetitoff posted:

My favorite part of the episode was when they showed AJ with Dolph and Big E when Eva Marie is talking about valets. I hope they incorporate that into the storyline.
That was brilliant, they should just show that as the reason AJ hates the Total Divas girls.

And Sandow doing introductions at the wedding was fantastic.

Also: Dean Malenko!

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

e: Cameron: "I don't even have half an hour to scratch my rear end" (is at an appointment solely to get her dog's toenails painted)
aw man, I can't wait for the show to come back, it's brilliant.

Also, I liked how the preview for the rest of season one made it look like Daniel Bryan's flying knee summerslam win resulted in Cena needing surgery.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Except Jojo has done the most wrestling thing and taken the most important lesson from Brie/Nikki/HHH and has just started dating someone high up in the company (Orton).
yay, lots more Jojo! (and I'm assuming Orton will probably come across as a decent guy like Cena, which is nice)

also: yay, more Fandango being a sleaze! wooo!

I'm way too into this loving show.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
is that total divas mid season after show thing worth trying to track down & watch, does seem like it would be a pointless rethread of events though.

Also:

Total Divas on E ! - Cat Deeeeeaaaaths!

:smith:

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

isn't JoJo supposed to be with Randy Orton on here or something
supposedly so but I don't think it happened at this point of the show. but it's weird that they seemed to have no JoJo in the preview for the rest of the series. she just is somebody who is standing beside Eva Marie sometimes on the show now, weird.

and with them bringing the phrase "Brie Mode" into Brie's main roster matches, it's only a matter of time for Nikki to end all her matches William Regal style. but instead of taking out brass knuckles, its one of her extensive range of sex toys.

also: this show is the best show. and next week has more Fandango, can't wait.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Eva Marie and Vincent is a couple that needs to happen
the Nikki Bella-approved shoot fight that would happen between Ariane & Eva Marie afterwards would be quite the spectacle.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Has JoJo been fighting on house shows? has she fought on TV yet (main event or anything)? she was in that tag match but didn't actually get tagged in, so I'm thinking Survivor Series will be her first time we've seen her actually wrestle. or...

JoJo is sole survivor with her last remaining team-mate and last opponent getting a double DQ. wins and never tagged in. yay.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh and Vincent referring to the vibrator as the King of Kings caused beer to spray out of my nose. This was one of the best TD's ever.
ha! did not catch that. I do really like it when Vinnie references WWE, like when he & Arianne were Yes!-ing and mentioning Daniel Bryan, that was fun.

Pretty bizarre that on Raw this week they had Eva Marie just heeling it up and yet still hanging around with the face Total Divas team. suppose it's like Kaitlyn on the regular Divas team. Eva Marie-bot is the Bizarro Kaitlyn.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Miching Mallecho posted:

Nikki is why Cena came back so quick. :aaaaa:
This is totally what happened guys.

So this week was the first week with absolutely no JoJo, not even standing around reacting to stuff. how long before she's dating Orton? I like the idea of Bryan and Cena coming across as great guys and Orton just being a dick.

OCD Cena is amazing. can't wait for "talking laundry hamper" accessories on his next action figures.

and from next week's teaser, Brie with no Bryan around seems like a jerk :( also: cat deeeeeaaaaths! :(

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Blasmeister posted:

Natty: "it's Steph, I did something really stupid"

Johnny Curtis: "you made out with her?"

*resumes oiling himself*

:allears:

crazy how they've totally ignored JoJo, she's in a match on screen (ok,she never got tagged in) and they just totally ignore her. Brodus Clay had more screentime than her in the second part of the season. I'm guessing she won't be in the second season (roll on March 2014!). I'm glad the crowd popped for her when she made he in-ring debut at Survivor Series.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

triplexpac posted:

So when does Season 2 start, I want more Total Divas
If I'm not mistaken it's March.

WrestleTotalDivasMania baby!

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Short trailer for Season 2, as posted by Gonz in the Discussion Thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrqphm8TZ1s

Cena is gonna put a hit on Nikki by the looks of things

Also: Summer Rae is amazing.

yes. I put spoilered a teaser trailer in the Total Divas thread. gotta protect the A show.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
I enjoyed Eva Marie's brother's reference to her husband's inability to wear shirts.

also I was nearly in tears with how they reacted to the "did you two get married?" question, they both stuff some snacks in their mouths and just ignore it, amazing.

So they really just ignored JewJew. well not that different to the second part of season 1, though she's not on screen anymore.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Eva Marie is pissing blood! #AllRedEverything
this is the best show. roll on next week.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
That episode was much more fun than it's been in a while, bizarre pig punching clips aside.

& Vinnie continues to be great, suffering a car trip with Cameron would lead anyone to drink.

Actually, all those people apparently drove there, are they all gonna drive home drunk? between that, nobody wearing seatbelts, & Eva Marie talking on the phone while driving last week, this show has a wierd drive like an idiot / plump chickens are the only good chickens message going on.

Total Divas is great.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Do we know that she's not training? There are people that just don't have an aptitude for wrestling, and maybe she's one of them.

At this point she has to be more valuable to the company on Total Divas, a show that pulls in decent ratings and turns an okay profit for the type of vehicle it is, than any role whatsoever on the roster.
well she said it specifically on this week's episode that she has only trained for a number of weeks, no surprise she's so awful in the ring. but your other point is sadly completely accurate. they've no interest in getting her to wrestle, her job since day one has been Total Divas cast memeber, if that show gets cancelled, she'd probably be gone soon enough since they've much more versatile women in the company.

like Nattie, who now also paints.

best television show going.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Can't wait for next week & them all peer pressuring an alcoholic Eva Marie into drinking.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Bella brother seems like such a prick.

this is the best show.

also news:

"WWE.com posted:

LOS ANGELES – E!, WWE and Bunim-Murray Productions continue their intimate look inside the glamorous, hectic and often dramatic lives of the WWE Divas when “Total Divas” returns for Season 3 Sunday, Sept. 7, at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT.

In addition, WWE Diva Rosa Mendes joins the cast, as the fiery Latina who has been around WWE for years has finally found herself in the limelight. Season two of "Total Divas" is currently airing all-new episodes every Sunday at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT.

Seems like a weird addition, other than she's already employed and doing nothing. though Rosa will surely cause lots of problems encroaching on other people's gimmicks. she's blonde & allegedly has problems with drinking, watch out Nattie & Eva.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
hopefully lots of backstage Wrestlemania footage next week then, that'll be cool.

maybe Total Divas Guest Star Jimmy Hart shows up again for a second week in a row.

And it was pretty cool to see how excited Nattie was while talking about how big a deal WM is.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
The bad thing about Season 3 is that with Rosa getting on the show, that means they're gonna have her appearing on the main shows more often too and wrestling. no idea what she's going to be like on the show though.

when does season 3 start?

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Daniel Bryan posted:

When does season 3 start :(
I heard early September somewhere... that sounds about right.

roll on September.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Eva Marie & her awful family is taking up half the runtime on this show every week. There's nothing going on with that "will Jonathan convert" story, it's rubbish and it's so slow! for a programme with segments that last for about a minute and storys that disappear after a week, Eva Marie's boring crap never ends.

basically, bring back JoJo.

Aww, everyone's investments lets down John Cena.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Eltoasto posted:

Yeah the Eva story is dragging and dumb, but I will enjoy the downward process from catholic wedding to the bikini wedding that they had. Your dad must have been so proud Eva!

HA! had no idea about that, brillliant. thanks for making that plot tolerable.

I think why the Eva Marie stuff is so annoying is because it's no so separate to the rest of the women on the show and it's absolutely nothing got to do with wrestling at all. I know that's probably why they put her on the show in the first place but her segments could just be about some spoiled model on another reality show and it'd be no different.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Nikki: I was talking to Daniel

Cena: What does he want this time?

gently caress sake Cena.

Cena is a robot who must put up with the burden of all these humans disappointing him, all those sick kids must make him so upset. or whatever his robo-rapadoo programming allows that is similar to being upset.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Maybe it's just because her stance of guns seems very sensible to me but Eva Marie came off really well in this episode considering it was a bit weird that early on the Bellas were having an argument that had them repeating things that their husband/boyfriend said to them, to then have Eva just 100% stick to her own opinion (while also hearing out and trying the guns) was good stuff. Also lets try a gun for the first time - shooting off some kind of machine gun straight away...

Also cool to finally see the evil politicking John Cena bitching about DB behind his back & brainwashing Nikki against her family, so that's how he stays on top!

Daniel Bryan posted:

His doctors have gone back and forth on whether or not he really needed surgery or not. Sure, Bryan doesn't want to have another surgery I'd bet, but the whole thing about him waiting to see if he doesn't and the holistic medicine storyline is BS. If he needed the second surgery, he would have had it because he was under complete control of WWE's doctors.

Last we heard, they determined he did not need the surgery and was recovering strength.

yeah, if you didn't know they weren't too certain about whether surgery was required then DB would come across as some kind of new age idiot, ignoring his doctor's advice to have a small unintrusive surgery so that he can suffer instead and get acupuncture. or rubbing leaves on his arm as Cena reckons.

this show is so great.

[did the gun Jonathan bought have keys that were stuck inside the glass case, so you can't open it? maybe you need another gun to shoot the glass, is that how it works?]

Titus O'Neil is the new Fandango it seems. though did he call Tyson Kidd "CJ" rather than TJ?

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Eva's dog comment seemed entirely to be a joke & yeah I know everything is scripted lies and of course she is an idiot for not wanting a gun.

anyway, the real big question of Total Divas:

How come nobody on the show wears their car seatbelt correctly? either they're not wearing them, or they have them under their arm.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
John Cena is a robot. he's terrifying. once Total Divas goes off the air he'll ditch Nikki Bella. his bullshit sincere "I'm sorry I should have told you the instant I found out" was fake as hell.

I liked Darren Young's brief appearance just to look scared that Nattie was about to break down before him.

oh hey look, Corey Graves. and was that Enzo Amore being noisy lifting weights?

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

crazycarl posted:

OH gently caress Dean Ambrose really is that slimy in real life

That was great.

Any reason why they've switched it to 2 epsiodes a week? til it was mentioned about Paige & Alicia Fox in the next series I was thinking it must be cancelled and they're dumping it. obviously not though.

yay, Jojo.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Eltoasto posted:

I think Nikki comes off as the face to us because she is consistent. She likes to gently caress, drink wine, and is not giving you money. The initial frame up has washed away and now we can make our own judgements.

Yeah, Nikki comes across as probably the most genuine person on the show, the least genuine being Robo-Cena. Though Cena's enjoyment at beating Nikki at a children's game was the most I've ever been entertained by him.

From the preview of the rest of the season/next season? with Paige being added it seems like the thread can return to its original title: Cat Fights!

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

keevo posted:

Those previews of John Cena this season :allears:

I also like how there's all these shots of Summer Rae and Naomi despite not being in the cast of this season.

Oh right, I didn't realise Summer wasn't in it this year either.

And when Nattie closed the door on Paige and started badmouthing her to her cat, I was waiting on Paige just looking in through the letterbox or something cause she could still hear her.

I hope that Bella brother tool isn't in it much this season.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
holy gently caress bob wire.

what the gently caress. Before Total Divas started airing I always thought Brie was the cooler/more sane/whatever of the twins (being all environmentally friendly/aware, dating DB, not getting comedy implants) but if watching every episode of this show so far has thought me one thing, it's that Nikki is actually fairly cool and comes across far more genuine that most people on this ridiculous fake show and that Brie is fairly awful, self absorbed and manipulative and thinks it's called "bob wire". the gently caress, she's like 30, how does that happen.

Paige and Alicia Fox do seem pretty cool so far, though maybe that's because they've yet to deal with any "crisis" yet. and whoever basically described Eva Marie as being someone incapable of rationally reacting to any situation had it spot on, and also accurately desribed Rosa too.

and why didn't Nattie mention that Rosa also kissed her last season when she heard about Rosa kissing Paige, ok it's probably because they don't want to draw attention to the fact they're doing the same storyline but still.

Also, Titus O'Neill is great, hopefully like Alicia he'll spin his few appearances into a regular cast member spot in a few seaons time.

bob loving wire.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
I was wondering why Total Divas didn't seem to be on last week there, so I checked the Wikipedia page cause it has episode airdates & indeed there was a gap there. however I did spot this amazing review:

Eric Gargiulo of Camel Clutch Blog posted:

I tuned in to WWE Total Divas expecting to see a scripted reality show in the vein of Hogan Knows Best. Instead I got an interesting look behind the scenes of the WWE and its superstars more in the same vein as Beyond the Mat.
:allears:

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Pretty sure that Cameron just did a brief stay in Florida training at the Performance Centre at the time after the Funkadactils split up. There was a brief segment on TD about it. Thankfully she didn't ever actually appear on Nxt.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

pressedbunny posted:

And all it took was a 5 second clip of Eva from next week to bring me down again.
Yep. enjoyable episode this week and I only remembered Eva existed right when they showed that clip. Sooner they get rid of her the better. She seems so isolated this season. Just all the others doing wrestling stuff and interacting and then boring Eva and her moans of on her own.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
I think that match with the bunny & Tyson was the most they've ever showed of any match since the show began.

And Nattie's worried expression to TJ standing beside other women was kinda adorable as well as being silly.

Though Tyson really comes across as the most disinterested person alive. Love that he brought up the cats when his wife was pouring her heart out to him, good to know the gimmick is legit.

What did Paige get tattooed? An anus on her thumbs?

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
July 7?!? Man I love how invested I've gotten in this terrible show.

How the hell did they not further explain those 'shirtless guys breaking into a hotel room and Bryan kicked their asses naked' or 'you were naked and Sheamus was patting your head' stories?

Bella brother continues to be a douchebag. Why did Nikki keep saying 'melfie'? is that a word? Mirror selfie like?

Mark Carano comes across as such a sleazebag. Like if he didn't have this job he'd be a strip club manager or something.

I loved how happy seeing Grumpy Cat made Tyson Kidd.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
I'm a big Tyson Kidd fan but man does he clearly hate being on this show. unless he's figured out that overreacting and leaving is good for the show cause he seems to do it a fair bit.

was hoping he'd drive off with Nattie in the car and just the dominatrix and camera crew left in the house.

i love this awful show.

that Bray Wyattt entrance bit with Eva Marie approaching the others was really cool.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Blasmeister posted:

E: the bit with Paige meeting her fan was sweet, though probably staged.

I thought that was pretty touching right up until it cut to Paige going "that girl's story totally works in the context of my plot in this episode of Total Divas, yay that girl's struggle helped me complete this plot arch on this reality tv show", which was pretty disappointing.

also:

"Finn Bálor posted:

My big debut on #TotalDivas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
I really enjoyed that episode and one of the reasons was only noticeable in the preview for next week - no Eva Marie, she was totally forgettable. Which isn't surprising given that she's completely off on her own and doesn't interact with the rest of the cast.

also I enjoyed Nattie's impression of Tyson Kidd: "Where's Cesaro I want to make out with him". amazing.

• Locked thread