Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Quasipox posted:

I finally watched this past Smackdown and it's really annoying how JBL and Cole keep calling Summer Rae a "stooge". I think telling someone that a co-worker is doing something really lovely and damaging to their reputation isn't stooge behavior. If you take those kind of pictures, there's really nothing you can really do once they're in the wild of the internet, but for someone to actively spread it among your work environment is really lovely.

I mean, for all I know it was a fed line that is just building something for Total Divas, but that bothered me a bit.

I never thought I would type that much about Total Divas of all things.

Yeah, Cole in particular mentioned it on both Raw and Smackdown this week, and given how JBL played it off ("A stooge in the wrestling business? Never heard of such a thing!") it didn't seem like a fed line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

magnum_valentino posted:

So is Kish' a big racist or what? This a Samoan deal?

Trinity definitely fixated on that as the reason for him bailing, but I didn't really see any evidence to that effect. The impression I got is that Rikishi was probably just not a very involved father while they were growing up, was probably on the road a lot, that kind of thing. The way they were talking backstage was more like casual acquaintances than family, both of the twins seem much closer with their mother, and I think they even said he bailed on the wedding to go to a convention or something. Makes me think the business came first for him and that soured his family relationships.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the WWE people wanted that element played down a little bit, or at least not explicitly spelled out.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Eva Marie's brothers continue to be hilariously awful. One of them looks like he's about to defuse a tense situation (which was partially of his making), and instead just completely sells her out and acts like a victim.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

triplexpac posted:

Oh I was thinking it was "male selfie" which doesn't really make sense

And yeah I don't think Tyson has ever been happier than when he saw Grumpy Cat, including his wedding.

I thought it was "male selfie" too, just as a euphemism for "dick pic."

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I always love how completely calmly and swiftly Cena shuts Nikki down when the subject of kids or marriage comes up. She so much as hints at either one and he just gets very quiet and says "I feel I've made it clear, there will be no children and no marriage, and I do not enjoy discussing this so I'm no longer going to."

Also amusing to see that Nattie's problem-solving strategy of "just lie to TJ about it" even extends to her own health.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

As soon as Eva and Mandy made their pact (the identical pact Eva had with Summer, mind you) I was wondering which one would betray the other to gain the favor of the group. Mandy didn't even last the episode.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Padje posted:

I loved the editing in the Paige break up episode to let you know she's with Tough Enough Josh now.

I thought he was just helping her move because he's a big strong guy, didn't really get the sense they were involved or anything.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

That's surprising to me, since it seemed like they were grooming her to replace Eva. Maybe Eva's renewed prominence on WWE TV is a sign that E! didn't take the bait.

It's going to be interesting next season, since by that point (presumably) Brie will have retired and Nikki will be off the road for at least a chunk of the season, meaning they'll lose their easy group backstage meet-up scenarios. Not to mention Paige, Alicia, and Nattie being the only actual active wrestlers of the cast.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Sorry Mandy, but I think this was your best shot at sticking with the company.

Lana is the really interesting addition, since not only does it mean we get Rusev on the show, but she's the one who does the most character work in the division, and I wonder how much of that will make it through. Will she keep using her fake accent, as she has on the show in the past?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

rovert posted:

Sara Lee from Tough Enough got passed over again.

Would have predicted Aliyah from NXT/Breaking Ground to be added this season. She got weird "Reality TV" type cosmetic surgery last year.

Glad Naomi is back. Provided some likability.

Eh, Sara Lee is likable, but nothing about her Tough Enough run screamed "reality star," while that was Mandy's whole deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

reignofevil posted:

I'm trying to even figure out how the gently caress you think up 75 pages worth of pre-conditions for a girlfriend.

At least 50 of those pages just have "I do not want to get married, I do not want to have children" written in huge font. Based on Total Divas that might have been enough for Nikki to get the message.

Edit: Also I loving love that Cena's "call breaking up" trick was so good it actually fooled Brie and Bellamom.

ShakeZula fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 15, 2016

• Locked thread