Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

While the arc itself wasn't bad, there was a really terrible moment at the end of Rick Remender's "Castaway in Dimension Z" Cap story arc, I'm talking about the Sharon Carter stuff. She shows up, shoots a little kid who she sees fighting Cap, doesn't seem to care that she shot said child and then kind of unceremoniously dies. The whole thing was so poorly done that I thought it was some kind of fake out but then the first issue after that arc ended characters were all "Yup, Sharon's dead."

OK, just going through this thread for the first time in a while, and I haven't read Cap since Brubaker left, but seriously? Could Remender not just... not have Sharon in the book? He can't just put the toy he doesn't like back in the box for the other kids, he has to rub it in dogshit and then smash it because 'it was covered in crap'? That whole description comes off like someone who wants to get rid of the character, but doesn't even care enough to pretend it's a big deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

OK, just going through this thread for the first time in a while, and I haven't read Cap since Brubaker left, but seriously? Could Remender not just... not have Sharon in the book? He can't just put the toy he doesn't like back in the box for the other kids, he has to rub it in dogshit and then smash it because 'it was covered in crap'? That whole description comes off like someone who wants to get rid of the character, but doesn't even care enough to pretend it's a big deal.

If it makes you feel any better, she's back now. She got a fakeout death just like Cap's son.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

If it makes you feel any better, she's back now. She got a fakeout death just like Cap's son.

...I'll show myself out.

Sturm
Oct 19, 2003

It's Xander or Sgt. Fury

Gaz-L posted:

...I'll show myself out.

She's aged also, so Old Steve and old Sharon can settle down together.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe

Madkal posted:

Darkseid is the ultimate "that guy who said he would crash on your couch for 2 days but ends up staying at your place for months".

Sometimes he just wants to get coffee with his friends too

• Locked thread