Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Realism
Sep 16, 2008
Larry Hama's run on Wolverine after The Lazarus Project, he was doing quite well up until then, I don't know what happened....everything seems to just go downhill.

And I don't even know how you can write bad stories on a guy like Wolverine, I mean....that's gotta take some skills.

Alan Grant's run on Shadow of the Bat and Batman. The Last Arkham is one of the best Batman stories ever, so it was quite shocking for me to see that his other stories were drastically different from The Last Arkham, they were corny, campy, just plain stupid and nonsensical at times.

Dan Slott's run on Superior Spider-Man has to be one of the worst right now.

Jeph Loeb on Red Hulk was pretty bad too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Realism
Sep 16, 2008
Steve Englehart's run of Silver Surfer issues 1-35.

He had an issue where Galactus was fist-fighting In-Betweener in space

This has to be one of the worst comic issues I've ever read

Realism
Sep 16, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Spider-Man: The Other
A comic where Spider-Man dies and then gives birth to himself:

Apparently this was done so he resembled the movie version more (he got organic web shooters), but those changes were retconned a short time after anyways.

There was a part in The Other where Spider-Man went to visit Black Panther and during the trip he changed his stairstyle to cornrows.

It would have been more entertaining if they rolled with that and have him act all gangster.

Realism
Sep 16, 2008
Doug Monech's run on Catwoman.

He's one of my favorite Batman writers, I have no idea how the heck he screwed this one up so badly.

The electrical armor cat was not only an abysmal idea, it's just disappointing that he had to go that route. It seems all these Superheroes have a 'robot' version of them stashed somewhere, and he had to do it for Catwoman too? I mean Come on...

Not only did he screw up Catwoman, Two-Face was terrible in here as well, he was an ordinary dumb-thug in here, that's all he was.

Realism
Sep 16, 2008

Gavok posted:

Might as well. So as everyone can probably figure out by now, I've read nearly every Venom comic appearance there is. Of all those comics, without a doubt the worst comes from this.

Venom (2003) #1-18 by Daniel Way

Spider-fan.org has a good write-up on this whole disaster, they reviewed every issue extensively.

I couldn't really understand the confusing nonsensical story (especially with all the bald-headed clones everywhere) until I read those reviews.

• Locked thread