Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
I loved the hell out of Morrison's X-men/New X-men run. It was the run, along with Frank Tieri's Weapon X run, that was responsible for getting me back in to comics. If only every other X-Writer at the time was as good. Or even good at all. These were the years of Chuck Austen's Uncanny X-men(410-443). The book where Nightcrawler's whole reason for existing was invalidated. The blunt force metaphor for the whole franchise, the guy who looked like a demon, but showed us all that we shouldn't be so quick to judge people on appearances, turns out was really a demon the whole time!

Havok literally urinated Iceman a new body.

Angel banged Paige Guthrie in the air while her family watched, at the conclusion of a horrible riff on Romeo and Juliet.

Sammie the Fish Boy.

I want to blame insane sadistic Polaris on him too. making GBS threads up the whole end of Morrison's X-men with the revelation that the Xorn that Magneto was pretending to be was really Xorn pretending to be Magneto pretending to be Xorn. Overall it was just a terrible, terrible run. And Marvel followed that up by giving him Avengers. Then DC gave him Superman, and JLA! I have no idea what was going on in their heads in the 2000's, that they kept giving this guy work.

Dreqqus fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread