Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Oh, hey. I was literally going to start recording this next week. It was easily one of my favourite games of 2012, despite it's flaws. It'll be interesting to see how other people handle weapons and skills, since I pretty quickly fell into one system which I basically followed for the entire game (and subsequent playthroughs). I basically never even used my last skillpoints, and spent the last third of the game with the same weapon. The game certainly needed some balance, I guess.

Are you going to be showing off the DLC? I never played that and forgot to pick it up during the summer sale.

And you're totally wrong about hammers. All the slow weapons suck.

Edit: Small enemies can be dealt with really really easily at range.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

trivialrealities posted:

You two guys following up your Darksiders LP? :allears:

Also, I humbly request you break the game over your knee with a Possessed Scythe with ridiculous +Critical Rate and Heal on Crit ratings.

Once you get into the late game health/wrath steal, or on kills and crits are so ridiculously powerful. I used the same weapons from level 15 up through much of NG+ and was just pouring out wrath skills everywhere, and almost never used potions apart from the occasional boss fight.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Neruz posted:

When DS2 was announced I figured they were going for either a 3 or 5 game series; we'd have War's story in DS that tells us how the apocalypse actually happened, we'd have Death's story in DS2 that tells us what Death and possibly the other riders were doing while War was getting his apocalypse on, maybe another game for each other rider, then DS3 (or 5) which is the actual apocalypse with all four riders together being awesome and generally apocalyptic. After I played DS2 I figured it'd be a trilogy and DS3 would be the apocalypse, but DS2 was so short that I worried DS3 would never happen :<

DS2 just felt to me a lot like it ended at what should have been about half or two-thirds of the way through the story.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to finish? I did quite a bit of bumbling around, collectable hunting and generally sucking, but I got around 20 hours out of my first playthrough, and kept expecting it to end, only to just be taken somewhere else. I didn't die a whole lot and have to replay sections or anything, but it felt long enough - longer than the first game, at any rate. I agree they might have had some of the later areas be a tad longer, since it ended pretty quickly, but the overall length and boss/dungeon counts felt to me about right.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Neruz posted:

I've heard DS2 is a buggy glitchy mess but I played it through twice and never saw a single one so I'm looking forward to finding out what everyone was whining about.

This was more or less my experience. The news that people had problems with this game is pretty new to me.

• Locked thread