Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Oceanbound posted:

Yeah I dunno about that tip. I took a job just to test it:

Instead of driving straight to Hamburg, I took a detour to Kiel and doubled back afterwards. The end pay was the exact same as first advertised, despite me driving 120km longer.

What about the XP, was it also the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

memy posted:

For those of you using Xbox 360 controllers, what's your controller setup? Mine is pretty awful right now and I was looking to change it to something better.

http://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=2059 Has a few examples

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
The name of the DLC has now been officially announced: http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/08/going-east.html

quote:

Going East!
After a long development time, finally the first Euro Truck Simulator 2 add-on is undergoing final beta testing. Some online stores have already revealed the final name of the upcoming add-on, but this is the first time we are officially announcing it here - the first DLC's name will be:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East!

We think that the new part of Europe built for this add-on looks even better then anything we have created before. You can take a look at a few countryside places from Poland, on routes between Lublin, Łódź, Warszawa and Ostrava. We'll be taking a lot more screenshots during testing now to keep you entertained.

Check the link for lots of pictures.

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 1, 2013

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Kilonum's engine mod is pretty fun:

I have never felt less safe in a driving game.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

gently caress these junctions.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

memy posted:

For those of you using Xbox 360 controllers, what's your controller setup? Mine is pretty awful right now and I was looking to change it to something better.

I have it setup kinda simmilar to forza which is

Left analog steering
Right analog loook
Right trigger accelerate
Left trigger brake
x gear down, b gear up
a engine brakes y parking brake
left/right turn signals
up/down light modes
RB retarder increase
LB retarder decrease
back cruise control on/off
start wipers
right analog click horn
left analog click hazards

I have a small wireless keyboard for everything else

Also always buy the transmissions with the retarder, it makes things alot easier once you get used to it. That combined with the engine brake means you only realy have to use the normal brakes when coming to a stop if you plan ahead!

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

kemikalkadet posted:

You have a special talent for trucking.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
Has there been any update on an OS X version of this? I remember reading somewhere in the spring that it was being worked on (for a summer release?), but it's been pretty quiet since (or I'm just looking in the wrong places).

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004

kemikalkadet posted:

Thanks for a good laugh.

Uh I just need to reiterate that this game is strangely fun. I just sat down to play for a little bit to test out hauling a load with some of my MP3s and now it's like four hours later. I'm rocking the keyboard and mouse and while I'd much, much rather have a wheel, this is definitely doable. I suppose it'd be nice to use a 360 controller, but I imagine I'd have to get a wired one, right?

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

spacetimecontinuu posted:

Thanks for a good laugh.

Uh I just need to reiterate that this game is strangely fun. I just sat down to play for a little bit to test out hauling a load with some of my MP3s and now it's like four hours later. I'm rocking the keyboard and mouse and while I'd much, much rather have a wheel, this is definitely doable. I suppose it'd be nice to use a 360 controller, but I imagine I'd have to get a wired one, right?

Yes, get the wired controller.

On that note, I made a thing what explains my setup:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
This marks the 3rd time I've slammed right into toll booth gates because I couldnt brake fast enough :(

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Gasoline posted:

Kilonum's engine mod is pretty fun:

I have never felt less safe in a driving game.

Haha, yeah, I bought my first truck (cheapest Volvo) and put the strongest engine in it. Promptly did 5% damage bashing it into walls/the fence/the traffic signal coming out of the garage because after a couple hours of rental truck driving, I'm somehow not instantly accustomed to a 1000HP engine towing zero tons.

E:

Avocados posted:

This marks the 3rd time I've slammed right into toll booth gates because I couldnt brake fast enough :(
:(:hf::( I feel your pain, though the aforementioned "Brake intensity" slider seems like it'd solve our problem for us. If only we weren't too busy screaming "poo poo" and (in my case anyway) slamming the S key through the keyboard to think of going to the menu and cranking brake intensity.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 2, 2013

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone know if the realistic physics mod plays nice with Kilonium's Transmissions mod and the TSM map? I want to try it out but I really don't wnana have to start over again.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Sociopastry posted:

Does anyone know if the realistic physics mod plays nice with Kilonium's Transmissions mod and the TSM map? I want to try it out but I really don't wnana have to start over again.

Back up your profile and mod folders and try it. If it doesn't work, put 'em back. No reason to wait for someone else to try it.

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost

AG3 posted:

This is my experience with pretty much all the ADR cargo I've driven so far. When I drive forklifts and pressure tanks I have no problems doing highway turns at 140km/h (though I might need to use all 3 lanes), but as soon as I drive dynamite or gasoline my truck will flip over even in gentle turns once I pass 110km/h or so. Maybe the game simulates the centre of gravity for your cargo and ADR stuff has a higher COG, thus is more prone to tip over. Hard to say.

Yeah, that sounds like they're attempting to simulate the liquid sloshing around, which is pretty cool. It's insane how much attention to detail and polish this game has

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Sociopastry posted:

I haven't had any problem with it, although if you run the mod for TSM to fix it so you can see the whole map that needs to be after the physics mod in the load order.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

memy posted:

You know how the D-pad on that controller sucks balls? Don't map your lights next to your retarder or you might suddenly find yourself hurtling along a downhill Ausfahrt at 90kmh in complete darkness in the middle of a rain storm.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

memy posted:

I use:

left trigger = brake
right trigger = accelerate
left shoulder = upshift
right shoulder = downshift
back = lights on/off
start = f1 (menu/pause)
left thumbstick = steer
click left thumbstick = horn
right thumbstick = nothing (would be camera if I didn't use TrackIR)
click right thumbstick = beacon on
dpad up = highbeams
dpad left = left turn signal
dpad right = right turn signal
dpad down = wipers
a = motor brake
b = retarder up
x = retarder down
y = cruise control

But there's lots of different ways to do it. Just find something that feels natural to you. You may have more buttons available for other stuff (switching camera views or GPS screen modes, for example) if you don't use manual retarder and/or motorbrake.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I may have missed it in the OP but how do I set up radio stations? I hear people talking about good stations to get on.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I may have missed it in the OP but how do I set up radio stations? I hear people talking about good stations to get on.

Press R.

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
As someone who is just starting to play, why is there a speed limiter and is it best to leave it on or turn it off?

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

In real life, the limiter can be a way to enforce safety. In the game world, it enforces LESS FUN.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The list is found in your live_streams.sii file in Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2. The one I'm using is this, which adds a tonne of new and horrible stations to choose from.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Tgent posted:

As someone who is just starting to play, why is there a speed limiter and is it best to leave it on or turn it off?

It caps your speed to 90km/h which is realistic. But it adds another dimension to the game, if you are running late for example you can take a chance and drive faster, with like a 99% chance of accidents. :c00l:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Is the DLC going to be only a new part of the map and that's it? No new types of trailers or trucks or some new mechanic or more detailed cities ? :(

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

It caps your speed to 90km/h which is realistic. But it adds another dimension to the game, if you are running late for example you can take a chance and drive faster, with like a 99% chance of accidents. :c00l:

If you're realistic and don't try to take twisty roads at 110 kph, you'll be fine. Stick to the posted speed limits and pay attention in the curves. Not only will you make great time, you're less likely to get in accidents while keeping pace with traffic.

Also, I figured out how to break the game:

Once you get a second garage with some crew, it's party time. You don't even have to drive anymore. I made those 12 million Euros in about an hour.

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!

Mr. Neutron posted:

Is the DLC going to be only a new part of the map and that's it? No new types of trailers or trucks or some new mechanic or more detailed cities ? :(

from what I understand, that's it.

The update with new mechanics and stuff (world of trucks) comes next in line after it though.

Also, the next patch will introduce a new truck Iveco Stralis Hi-way. (already live in beta 1.4.8 tho)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Just started the game.

Am I doing this right?

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Just started the game.

Am I doing this right?

Yes.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

SynthOrange posted:

Just started the game.

Am I doing this right?

Yes, now like a real trucker you just have to detach the trailer.

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

Soo.. the Steam group still has no picture. Until someone makes something good I'd like to submit my creation :kiddo:

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!

Hogo Fogo posted:

Soo.. the Steam group still has no picture. Until someone makes something good I'd like to submit my creation :kiddo:

awesome!

WARnold
Oct 30, 2004

You Lack Discipline!
Here's another delivery, Torino - Frankfurt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW3XFUySNuQ

I kinda like driving the winding side-roads in the alps, but getting stuck behind other trucks is no fun.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I made 10 euros after my first run. The second, I'm in the red by 500 euros after crashing into a road barrier at full speed.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Currently on a quick job to Algeria towing 22t of ammunition for a local coup.

They gave me a 400hp truck. :suicide:

WARnold posted:

Here's another delivery, Torino - Frankfurt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW3XFUySNuQ

I kinda like driving the winding side-roads in the alps, but getting stuck behind other trucks is no fun.

Need more daring and illegal passes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Goddamnit, I think my GPS is just making me circle Ausfahrt. :v:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, which one of you did this one? http://jalopnik.com/watch-an-18-wheeler-fly-across-an-overpass-and-burst-in-999868441

:cop:

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

Largepotato posted:

Currently on a quick job to Algeria towing 22t of ammunition for a local coup.

They gave me a 400hp truck. :suicide:

Psst buy your own truck ASAP. You make way more.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

csidle posted:

Psst buy your own truck ASAP. You make way more.

My peons are busy driving them. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

I'd recommend you drive your own instead of your drivers, anyway. Obviously you should do what floats your boat, but AI drivers aren't very good for primary income. As was mentioned in the last thread, unless you've got an army of them, they're just there to pay your fines and service bills.

• Locked thread