Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mystic Cave zOWNd
Dec 22, 2006

Trixie bravely turned her tail and fled

And there was much rejoicing.

Totally stuck. Needed a tow to that garage visible on the left for EUR 136. A steal. I should get some sort of medal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I love how the car has been pushed an inch or two into the asphalt.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

csidle posted:

I'd recommend you drive your own instead of your drivers, anyway. Obviously you should do what floats your boat, but AI drivers aren't very good for primary income. As was mentioned in the last thread, unless you've got an army of them, they're just there to pay your fines and service bills.
I'm not sure where you guys are getting this idea, or I'm playing a different game. I'm in week six or seven and my first driver makes more money per day than I can, and the second one will pass me soon. I think it only took a week or so until the two of them could cover the payment on the 400K loan.

Speaking of AI drivers, do their ratings ever go above 5.0?

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I have a few at 5.8, they also make me a good $5-6,000/day. AI drivers are totally worth investing in.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Until they go all Skynet on you.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Was trucking along on the highway between Dubrovnik & Split when a car came alongside and tried to merge into my lane.

He was crushed for his insolence. :black101:

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

piiiisssss

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

As graceful as a whale. :angel:

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I've got a bunch of drivers at 6.7, and they pull in really good money.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I'm not sure where you guys are getting this idea, or I'm playing a different game. I'm in week six or seven and my first driver makes more money per day than I can, and the second one will pass me soon. I think it only took a week or so until the two of them could cover the payment on the 400K loan.

They used to be a lot worse, a couple patches back they would end up driving empty back to the garage a lot of the time instead of finding a return job. So they used to be pocket change, they're better now. But I still make waaaay more than my drivers do. My best driver is averaging about $7,500 a day and I'm averaging about $27,500 a day (with most of my runs being between 50-70k but taking multiple days). Some of his low average is due to back when he was untrained, I'm sure, I typically see between 9-10k from him when he reports. But still not making the kind of runs I am. A fleet of good drivers brings in pretty good money although though, at least enough so you never have to worry about losing money on a given day.

And, yeah, they do get over 5, my top guy is a 6.7.

(edit): wow, you have a couple of 22k per day AI drivers in there TG, I've never seen mine get that high. Although some of that may be due to my higher-level drivers have spent some time back in the bad old AI driver days, which killed their averages.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 2, 2013

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

TacticalGranny posted:

I've got a bunch of drivers at 6.7, and they pull in really good money.

You need 2 points in Just-in-Time Delivery to unlock urgent deliveries. :v:

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Largepotato posted:

You need 2 points in Just-in-Time Delivery to unlock urgent deliveries. :v:

I don't have to drive anymore, :shrug:

edit: I'm still going to drive, though. Since I can only take jobs from cities I've discovered, I'm left with a whole lot of empty space in between. My current task is delivering ice cream from southern Spain to Libya. :honkhonk: (we need to add ETS2 emoticons from Steam to SA)

TacticalGranny fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Aug 2, 2013

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

StarkRavingMad posted:

They used to be a lot worse, a couple patches back they would end up driving empty back to the garage a lot of the time instead of finding a return job. So they used to be pocket change, they're better now. But I still make waaaay more than my drivers do. My best driver is averaging about $7,500 a day and I'm averaging about $27,500 a day (with most of my runs being between 50-70k but taking multiple days). Some of his low average is due to back when he was untrained, I'm sure, I typically see between 9-10k from him when he reports. But still not making the kind of runs I am. A fleet of good drivers brings in pretty good money although though, at least enough so you never have to worry about losing money on a given day.

And, yeah, they do get over 5, my top guy is a 6.7.

(edit): wow, you have a couple of 22k per day AI drivers in there TG, I've never seen mine get that high. Although some of that may be due to my higher-level drivers have spent some time back in the bad old AI driver days, which killed their averages.
That 22k might be due to him using the TSM mod maybe?
Here are my top drivers for reference and they include both really old drivers and new ones from the latest patch:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TjyvTompa posted:

That 22k might be due to him using the TSM mod maybe?
Here are my top drivers for reference and they include both really old drivers and new ones from the latest patch:

Seems likely. Your amounts are more in line with mine. Maybe pay is calculated based in some way on total available distance (like it's doing longest route / long distance skill with the other things as multipliers) and TSM would spike that due to some really long available routes?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Hogo Fogo posted:

Soo.. the Steam group still has no picture. Until someone makes something good I'd like to submit my creation :kiddo:

Done (Though I had to resize it down to 184x184)

TacticalGranny posted:

(we need to add ETS2 emoticons from Steam to SA)

well I haven't got the :10bux:

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 2, 2013

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I don't think my graphics card (GTX 260) supports this game's antialiasing type. Looks jaggedy with it on or off. I can't get the Nvidia control panel settings to make a difference either, oh well. The game looks great otherwise, and I'm a bit surprised at how well it runs on my aging rig.

Today, I found a French 80's radio stream the game was nice enough to include. :allears: Rollin down the motorway with Phil Collins on the speakers, oh yeah.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Spent a few hours driving around today after a long break. Grabbed a few screenshots of my travels.

Haha, yeah right!

I'm not sure what this guy is trying to say, but gently caress him anyway.

Georg Elser tried to assassinate Hitler in late 1939 and planned to kill Göring and Goebbels as well. Executed in 1945. Lorry driving can be educational.

I managed to capture an enemy car.

Needs more lights.

gently caress the UK.

Spent most of the time listening to Prague's Rock Zone, a pretty awesome radio stream.

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
Goodbye twenty bux, hello full version of truckgame. That's still like half the steam price so I basically won this fight :smug:

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Ofecks posted:

Today, I found a French 80's radio stream the game was nice enough to include. :allears:
Hot Mix Ray-dee-oooooh! (so 'ot).

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Megadyptes posted:

I'm not sure what this guy is trying to say, but gently caress him anyway.

"Speeders get as much respect"

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
Quick question - I downloaded the OP's mod pack via the torrent and extracted them to the mod folder. The game notified me that something had been changed the next time I loaded it, but the map doesn't seem any different, I don't see any new currencies and no new engines are available. How else can I confirm that the mods have been loaded?

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.
Could somebody who grabbed the OP's mods via torrent please upload them somewhere?

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

spacetimecontinuu posted:

Quick question - I downloaded the OP's mod pack via the torrent and extracted them to the mod folder. The game notified me that something had been changed the next time I loaded it, but the map doesn't seem any different, I don't see any new currencies and no new engines are available. How else can I confirm that the mods have been loaded?

You have to enable the mods after unpacking them into the mod folder. You can click on "Profiles" at the top right, then "Edit". You should be able to find it from there.

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004

TacticalGranny posted:

You have to enable the mods after unpacking them into the mod folder. You can click on "Profiles" at the top right, then "Edit". You should be able to find it from there.

Oh my god, it's so beautiful. Thanks :3:

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
For anyone who hasn't gotten them yet, here's all the wallpaper-sized art from the Steam trading cards.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Crosspost:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3535633&perpage=40&pagenumber=8#post418041034

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008
Whenever I pick up a trailer if have this Light on the dash. am I being retarded or is this the trailer brakes. Its on the opposite side as the park brake and I've not seen anything in the control options that could be it. Driving like this previously has resulted in an engine failure, but I am about to test this again.

EDIT. Went away so I can only assume it was trailer air or something.

Anphear fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Aug 3, 2013

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Anphear posted:

Whenever I pick up a trailer if have this Light on the dash. am I being retarded or is this the trailer brakes. Its on the opposite side as the park brake and I've not seen anything in the control options that could be it. Driving like this previously has resulted in an engine failure, but I am about to test this again.

EDIT. Went away so I can only assume it was trailer air or something.

I believe that is the airbrake warning meaning you haven't let the airbrake system get charged. If you have airbrake simulator turned off this won't effect you.

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008
Choice that makes total sense. Ive seen enough actual trailers dragged around yards to know what happens when you forget to air the trailer.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Is there a mod to put a dog in the passenger's seat? I need this.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Local Resident posted:

Could somebody who grabbed the OP's mods via torrent please upload them somewhere?

e: I'm taking this link down because it's generating too much traffic and my public links keep getting suspended. I don't know why 40 people a day need to download this poo poo.

The Ass Stooge fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 6, 2013

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

The rear end Stooge posted:

Here you go:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/238071/Modpack.zip

This is current as of right now, but I probably won't try very hard to keep it up-to-date if the one in the OP changes.

Awesome, thanks a lot.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHZJej98_T0

bend it like baked ham fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 3, 2013

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

Things I learned in North Africa today:

1. It is 2008

2. It's really easy to go really fast

3. Fuel is cheap

4. Scania has new marketing strategies

5. This is where Mad Max came from

6. Textures can go on holiday

7. Don't bother trying to take a payload over the sand dunes in the northwest. You'll just get rammed by following traffic as you're crawling to the crest of the dunes and be severely damaged.

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
I have a couple questions regarding drivers that I hire. What does their rating represent? Does it increase as they level up, or do their levels purely correspond to their skill points for various load types (ADR, high value, etc)? Is there any reason to upgrade their trucks or should I just set them up with the cheapest stock models I can find?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Their ratings do increase as they level up.

No idea about the truck part.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Give them the cheapest truck you can find.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Largepotato posted:

Give them the cheapest truck you can find.

The only other thing to remember is that you can always swap trucks with your drivers. So if there's something you think you may want to drive on occasion you can always have one of your scrubs drive it most of the time and grab it when you want it. I have one of every brand in my fleet just in case I ever get the burning desire to drive an Iveco for a day or something. Plus my original two trucks for nostalgia's sake.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

spacetimecontinuu posted:

I have a couple questions regarding drivers that I hire. What does their rating represent? Does it increase as they level up, or do their levels purely correspond to their skill points for various load types (ADR, high value, etc)? Is there any reason to upgrade their trucks or should I just set them up with the cheapest stock models I can find?

They will level up, the base setting is "balanced" but you can select for example "ADR" if you want them to focus on that, you do this in the company management screen. I would recommend micromanaging your drivers until you have so many you can't stand it any more because in "balanced" they will waste levels on Ecodriving.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

How do you upgrade your engine? All the 'mod' options are for visors and more lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

TjyvTompa posted:

I would recommend micromanaging your drivers until you have so many you can't stand it any more because in "balanced" they will waste levels on Ecodriving.

Speaking of driver micromanaging, if a driver levels up but is already maxed out in their current skill, what happens to the skill point? Will it be given to the next skill you choose for their training?

• Locked thread