Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I've been looking at getting one of the extended mapsets for a while. Does TSM work fine or have any quirks or bugs I should be aware of before using it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The mountain range in Tunsia is just ridiculous, I've never managed to make the descent without doing major amounts of damage to any load I was carrying, even with using a retarder.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I don't even hate the Renault for its engine, it's the horrible interior that gets me. And then I realise I have opinions about virtual truck interiors and start to wonder about my life choices to this point.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

poo poo, didn't turn off auto update so now my months in TSM save won't work.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Struggling with the handling on 1.9, having gone from maybe losing control once every 5 trips, to a couple of times each delivery. So while the enemy cars are less of a problem now, I've become more dangerous than they ever were.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have no idea. I just switched back to the last beta, and the handling on the same truck feels completely different, and I cannot for the life of me tell whats changed.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Thinking about getting the expansion - how much content is in it and how do the maps compare to the vanilla maps?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

There's already a Guinness truck in Jazzycat's real company truck skins pack.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Khablam posted:

I can't seem to see a definitive answer on this anywhere - is it possible / advised to install all the jazzycat packs at the same time, or are there conflicts?

I have all of them installed with no conflicts. The only one that causes problems is the rail trailers with TSM for some reason that I don't know (but it works with promods.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Its that point when you realise you know the most likely route you're going to have to take for your run without even glancing at the map, or when you know with dread that this trip will force you to take a right turn on that stupid T-junction in the tunnel in France.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

CitrusFrog posted:

and a carefully balanced/sourced tuning megamod that adds a shitload more truck gubbins to stick all over your cab.

Tell me more of this megamod.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Jazzycats trailer mod is the one that adds the real world names.

It's also a really awesome mod.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

jadebullet posted:

Is anyone else having any issues with any of the stations? Whenever I try and listen to my old standby of Real Radio Yorkshire, it just buffers and buffers, then eventually tries a different station.

For whatever reason ever since two patches ago all of the stations except for the French information station are just buffering for me. I can't explain it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

MyFaceBeHi posted:

unlike TSM effort has been put into the cities rather than just copy/paste existing cities, including putting random monuments and unique buildings in the cities.

You keep saying this, and I appreciate that in earlier versions this was the case, but for a decent amount of time now TSM's cities have been improved and made more indidual with their own monuments, unique buildings and set pieces.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Scania Truck Driving Sim is okay. It's not like ETS2 more built around learning to drive a truck and a series of challenges. Some of the challenges are pretty challenging and there is a satisfaction in pulling them off. It is what it is, and it's solid enough, but its barebones compared to ETS2.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

There was a mod that had such high horsepower it actually broke the physics engine and sent you into orbit as soon as you gathered enough speed. I think I still have it in the 30 or 40 gigs worth of mods I have for the game, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't even load with the updated engine.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

FredMSloniker posted:

Is there a way to get the game to reroll available jobs to make it easier to get those seasonal gifts a-flowing?

Sleep or quick travel are your only real options.

Technically if you really want to cheese it just save before you sleep, then reload it if you don't get anything you want come through.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I think lack of sleep got the better of me, as last night I had a reasonable sized steam wallet and I wake up this morning to find it empty and I now have literally every countries paint job pack.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

gently caress, I can't even imagine going back to the game without all the extra cargo packs.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Bug fix patch just came out. No idea if it's going to fix the mod problems people have been having.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I've been having mod troubles that have stopped me playing the game for a few days, but now with it all fixed I'm ready to give this challenge a shot. How many kms does it work out to be in total?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Anyone reading this who doesn't have the game yet - ETS2 is on offer on the first day of the steam sale at 85% off. The Christmas pack in particular looks a very good deal.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The Czech republic and Polish paint job packs are really good though. The others vary in quality greatly.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

keevo posted:

I just disabled everything and I still have no jobs showing up.

You'll either need to go back to an earlier save or do this:

quote:

To force explicit reset:
Open per-profile the config.cfg and set g_force_economy_reset to 1
Start the game and load the profile. This should show message that the economy was reset. The jobs should be now available.
Exit the game and set g_force_economy_reset back to 0.
Start the game and load the profile.

Apparently the problems all tied into the Christmas event. Hopefully when 1.16 the cargo mods will start working again.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I am counting down the time until my working day is over and I can get down to the serious business of driving a pretend truck for 4 hours to try and finish the challenge.

Those poor kids waiting on their presents are going to find they need a little more assembly once I've finished driving someone elses truck like a nutter.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Akion posted:

QUESTION: Do my AI drivers exist in their own separate universe, or can I actually run them off the road in my own truck just to be an rear end in a top hat boss?

They exist in their own pocket universe. It's one of the most requested features though.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

The 400 k loan should come just a few jobs after you get the 100k. Were you in debt at all during this time? That can reset the count I think.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Heads up for anyone who uses TSM, the new patch conflicts with the mod and won't work, so either don't update yet or wait a few days for them to release an updated TSM.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I think the big reason journeys in TSM seem shorter than in Promods is down to most long journeys involving at least one Ferry Trip which breaks up the journey. Also TSM does odd things with time compression in certain places, North Africa seems to fly past in a way that Greece doesn't.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Promods are working with SCS, so when Scandinavia is up in theory it should work fine.

Of course then they'll release a slight physics patch and everything will be hosed again.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I've lost my bookmark for Jazzycats actual site. Anyone have it to hand?

New Promods is actually a lot better than I was expecting and might finally edge out TSM for me. At least in the short term.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Anyone having any interface glitches with the new promods? If I go into the escape menu it causes all the text in the game to become corrupted.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I am more hyped than I like to admit at the prospect of this expansion, and more annoyed than I expected that I can't really justify getting it until the weekend at least.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

ProMods is pretty good and Ican appreciate the quality of it, but on the other hand they have a terrible habit of forgetting to zone rest and parking spots.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Thats one of the things I can claim TSM does do well. Every single town they've added has either a gas station in it or on the road just outside of it.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Walton Simons posted:

I'd love to think that ETS2 would last long enough to bring out Going West, Mediterranean and Balkan expansions but I doubt it'll happen with ATS on the horizon.

The developers have made it clear that ATS and ETS2 will be continued to be developed side by side, and the release of ATS isn't going to stop more Euro releases.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I don't know if its the update or one of the mods but now some of the toll gates are broken for me and won't budge even when I've paid.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Word of warning, a lot of the current map mods are now dependent on having the expansions installed, and the older ones don't necessarily work with the latest version of the game. Honestly the vanilla map is pretty solid for when you start out.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I've had the opposte experience with World of Trucks contracts: I'm not getting cars or buses spawn but more trucks than I've ever seen in game at one time before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

You know what is the best? Heavy loads that you have to pick up at the very bottom level of a quarry with an undersized engine. Cheers for that game.

• Locked thread