Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcake
Apr 10, 2010

TacticalGranny posted:

Looks like one of the batteries.

That is a side locker for storage, batteries are not mounted in the cab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
The inaccuracies of the volvo truck bothers me, I want to make a spergy post so they can fix all the things I've found wrong.

The dash back lighting is not that colour! :argh:

(I am a volvo tech not a spotter heh)

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

As long as that GLOBETROTTER visor can be replaced. For some reason TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013 on my Hi-Way doesn't bother me, but globetrotter does.

It is like that on the real truck, and the new FH has it aswell. In real life it has lights behind it and sometimes companies put their name or whatever on it, which would be baller.

EDIT: and its not even a visor, just a panel with lights behind it

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
Every volvo truck has the globetrotter sign, its not like every trucker has decided they want the same horrid thing. :confused:

warcake fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 31, 2013

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

SybilVimes posted:

I'm not sure speed limiters are actually used that much in the real world anyway. Here in europe tachographs have been mandatory for ~30 years, and a speed limiter only really has downsides in comparision - although (analogue, anyway) tachographs can be tampered with easier. At least the tachograph system allows you to exceed the speed limits if it's necessary and then justify your behaviour afterwards.

Trucks in the eu most definitely are limited. Anything over 7.5 t is limited to 90kph or 100kph for buses.

The tachograph is to monitor driving hours but it will also record your speed, even recording overspeed if you go over 90 downhill etc.

Also digital tachos can't be tampered with, and have been the standard on anything made after 2006.

The speed is monitored on all tachos, recorded on a paper chart or digital drivers card, and acts as sort of a black box in case of an accident.
/sperg

warcake fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Dec 26, 2013

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

bald and fail II posted:

You wont see any us trucks in any eu country due to length restrictions, that also goes for the surrounding non eu countries which they will travel through. Probably the only place youll see us trucks is in russia and even then not very many.

Scania made a front engined truck, I took this pic last year at work. Don't see very many of them.

Edit: sorry for massive picture its hard to tell from my phone.

warcake fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 4, 2014

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
Hell, the trucks I work on only have brake pads every 200k km or so and an oil change every 100k.

Its not uncommon for a 6 or 7 year old truck to have a million miles on it.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

Rosoboronexport posted:

Playing / watching Spintires I noticed something was badly missing from ETS2: exhaust smoke. There are some Youtube videos with sideskirt mods that enable it but I found no working links to them. Has anyone got a working version or are all the trucks really enviromentally aware?

Yeah any euro truck made in the last 10 years won't smoke.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
RE: the power thing, isnt the FH16 the most powerful truck in the world?

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

IAmTheRad posted:

They have the (live action) Optimus Prime truck.

As terrible as the movie is, you can at least be Optimus prime shipping cargo.

A little disappointed that there isn't a MACK Truck at launch. When I look at American Trucks, Mack is the first thing that pops into my mind.

Which is a little weird in itself because I assume they already have the licensing to use volvo trucks, and mack trucks are owned by volvo anyway?

warcake
Apr 10, 2010
I know nothing about licensing I will admit. I do know that if a truck isn't licensed and put into the game I won't use it. Im sure im not the only one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

Right at the start of ETS2 there were literally 3 licensed trucks and a few copy cats. As the game becae more successful they were able to get expanded rights to different trucks to the point where the companies were actively contacting them about using their brand and trucks. It's more or less the same model here just without the copycat trucks announced. If I recall correctly one of the stumbling blocks with some companies were the copycats being in the game so starting off without them in might actually be to the advantage.

This is going to be another grower of a game so expect it to start off relatively bare bones then get built up. They showed they could follow that route with ETS, so I have faith that they'll be able to do the same with ATS even if the model appears to be more modular.

Yeah I think there was even blog posts where the manufacturers let them come and see the trucks and record the engines noises, get interior shots etc.

• Locked thread