Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The trailer will continue to go back and to whatever direction it was going while you back up to change directions. You'll have to start flipping before the trailer gets where you want it or you'll overshoot while trying to adjust for your next move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Weird, I just turned on my 360 controller and used the default settings and it's just fine. Yeah it's more speed you turn the wheel than 1:1 wheel emulation but I haven't had any problems after noticing how it behaves.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

PureRok posted:

Can't wait to drive through Donner Pass pulling over 40 tons. :getin:

Donner Pass in OMSI 2 would end up more historically accurate.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I can't wait to see how my home state is represented and what my town looks like it it's there.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Jay Leno doesn't help.

Meanwhile: I recently saw a thing that was a blank map of the US filled out by Brits. No idea how real it was, but the responses on states were great. North Dakota. South Dakota. Souther Dakota.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

Throwing this out there again to anyone on the fence. It's on sale on Steam and it is unironically a Good Game. It's a super relaxing way to kill some time when you're tired of other games that have the pacing of a Michael Bay wet dream.

Throwing this out there, don't buy it unless it's a flash or daily deal. Nothing sucks like buying it and having it immediately go cheaper.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Doesn't it work like you buy it on Steam and when the Mac version arrives you own the Mac version?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Overwined posted:

How much fun would a South America map be? I guarantee there wouldn't be too many requests to turn the limiter off then.

That Scania Skillz game (or whatever its real name is) has a map like that.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
As much as I want to truck home, Oklahoma is horrible to drive through.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Here's hoping the fatigue modeling in ATS isn't garbage. I can start out fresh at sunrise in ETS2 and by noon I'm at red fatigue. I don't like disabling it but when a single medium distance job takes me past the point of exhaustion and resting deletes your current World of Trucks contract, I have little choice.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I honest to God wish for a Surgeon Simulator -esque situation where a dozen empty pill bottles are constantly physically simulated rolling around on the floorboards.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I definitely have been getting red fatigue before even halfway through the day sunlight-wise. Maybe it is 10 hours but I'm pretty sure it's getting tired well before. Also 10 hours is still super small.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Straight I haven't done but occasionally I've gone on that much drive time for my company for a move: 5 out, an hour of work, 5 back, and I still stayed up just fine. That said it's a RARITY so I can't say I know what it's like day in day out.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The main issue I have with fatigue is that right now it cancels your active World of Trucks contract. In the base game I still wish I had a little bit more time before I HAD to sleep but I get it. But with WoT contracts, if you take anything that's roughly 600km you need to sleep before you get there and that'll cancel the contract. I have to disable the fatigue to enjoy one of the neater things about the game. I know the feature's only a month old so maybe when they start doing the planned features it'll be in there.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
^^^ Yeah, I also noticed the scenery beside the road looks different than anything else currently in game. Hopefully it wasn't just some mock up.

TjyvTompa posted:

Also, sleeping should not break your World of Trucks contracts, worked fine the contracts I did. The 2 I managed before I almost died from boredom from going so sloooooooooooooow.

Every attempt I've made has given me a "You're about to abandon your current contract!" warning.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, the asking price is $20 for ATS means there aren't any second thoughts for me. That's the price for Scandinavia with about as much content. I'd even buy it at $30 because I'm so loving excited for that game. I don't even care about only two trucks at launch, ETS2 has shown off their impressive support model. I'm just ready to haul some bald eagles. :911:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kibayasu posted:

Does this mean literally only two trucks or just that there will only be two officially licensed trucks and some other off brand trucks?

Only two with others to follow once the scent of money wafts through. According to that blog post similar issues happened with ETS2.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I am from Oklahoma and I hate driving through our boring loving state. It is so boring I have REPEATEDLY fallen asleep while driving and died in a fiery wreck.

I cannot loving wait for the Oklahoma DLC to truck through my great loving state. :911:

Also I'm exceedingly interested in seeing fake versions of our cities. We didn't even show up in The Crew. I just expect, as with real life, we'll be the 46th state to get made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Sup T-Town bro? :respek:

It's caused me great grief in Cities: Skylines. It's incredibly efficient and great! But it's boring and I want to make something else. BUT IT'S ALL I KNOW!!!

Here's hoping by the time they get to our state the AI is advanced enough to accurately model Oklahoma drivers, re: Right lane must turn left.

• Locked thread