Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Screenshots!

They said I had to

Just makin' a delivery to the big dicks store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
For anyone who hasn't gotten them yet, here's all the wallpaper-sized art from the Steam trading cards.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Local Resident posted:

Could somebody who grabbed the OP's mods via torrent please upload them somewhere?

e: I'm taking this link down because it's generating too much traffic and my public links keep getting suspended. I don't know why 40 people a day need to download this poo poo.

The Ass Stooge fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 6, 2013

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Well.....got a 50% off coupon for this game so looks like I'll be finally buying it come Friday. What is wrong with me?!??!

You have good taste in games, that's what.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

fisheyel83l posted:

Arrg, I flipped my rig on an offramp and never got the option to teleport to a service station. Well I just started mashing buttons to make something happen and managed to upright myself by pressing 't' which also unhitched my freight. I drove another 300km totally oblivious, not even realizing anything was wrong until I switched the camera to back into the loading dock. All their poo poo is rotting on a freeway somewhere in Germany, I can't get paid or cover the cost of abandoning the job. The firm of Haulin' rear end is no more.

That's like... the most it's possible to gently caress up.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Vahakyla posted:

Are they're any cops in the game? If you screw up, does the "no one saw it" rule apply?

No actual cops, but you do get fined for colliding with other vehicles, running red lights, going too fast past speed cameras, etc.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Deanut Pancer posted:

http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/08/what-kind-of-music-do-you-think-fits.html

SCS want to know what music you prefer to truck along to. You know that it is vital that 80s rock wins, right? Go and make your vote count now.

ACTUALLY, metal is the correct answer.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

stinky ox posted:

Hadn't played this for ages but finally replaced my >5yo PC today and threw this on to test it out. All gfx settings on ultra, 2560x1600 on a 30 inch monitor, 60fps solid all the way.

Think I'll be getting back into truckin' :D.

God I'm so jealous. I have a laptop with Sandy Bridge integrated graphics and I get like 20 FPS tops on low settings. And I've still put dozens of hours into this game.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I decided to pick up the first ETS for $3 to see how it compares to ETS2, and, well,

Just making a totally normal delivery, nothing to see here

This guy's like "UGH MONDAYS"

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Once I saw a truck to which the owner appeared to have attached a homemade pair of Truck Nutz. It looked like two golf balls wrapped up in brown fabric and tied to the bumper. I live in Oklahoma, in case you were wondering.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
The most important part of today's Steam controller announcement:

quote:

Whole genres of games that were previously only playable with a keyboard and mouse are now accessible from the sofa. RTS games. Casual, cursor-driven games. Strategy games. 4x space exploration games. A huge variety of indie games. Simulation titles. And of course, Euro Truck Simulator 2.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Looks like the next update, which includes improved physics and AI, will hit within a matter of weeks. It also looks like their previous game Scania Truck Simulator (I think it's called that) will make it to Steam after being given the greenlight on, er, Greenlight!

Oh, and you can get ETS1 plus loads of other simulators for really cheap in The Superpower Sims Bundle!

This bundle also contains a truck game called Rig 'n' Roll, which I've been playing for the past couple of days. It's pretty bad, but hilarious. You're racing against several other trucks for every delivery, and sometimes you're just racing from one city to another without a trailer. There are also actual police cars who will try to chase you down, and the incredibly bad vehicle physics makes ramming them off the road a delight. Definitely worth checking out if you cop that bundle.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

StarkRavingMad posted:

Don't even know what the gently caress this is but it MUST BE PERFECT

It's really bothering me that this dude hasn't taken the stickers off of his laptop yet.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Everything but rap and country? More like ONLY rap and country. :smug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSlArizRI-E

The Ass Stooge fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Dec 7, 2013

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

OMGVBFLOL posted:

I'm going to be a big dumb idiot and wait until it comes out on mac to buy it... this has to be the third sale that's passed :(

It's worth booting into Windows for.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

nnnnghhhhgnnngh posted:

This usually ends badly here.

That's the most air I've ever seen anyone catch in this game.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

The Deadly Hume posted:

Why the gently caress did I think Knight Rider was the awesomest poo poo ever when I was 10?

Because it obviously is?? I don't see the conflict here.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I played this with my Driving Force GT and a friend's Oculus Rift. It is the apotheosis of gaming.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Kilonum posted:

Got it today.

Driving with a wheel is...

HOLY gently caress WHY DID I NOT GET A WHEEL SOONER?

I KNOW RIGHT

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
That just makes me wish even more that toll/railroad gate arms were destructible in-game.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Remake Euro Truck Simulator as a mod for Red Faction: Guerrilla.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
The built-in portraits are hilarious, no idea why you'd want to use anything else.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Largepotato posted:

1.9 appears to have fixed some of the red light exploits. :smith:

WHO CARES *floors it*

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Drop the charade, Kilonum. Your house of cards is finally tumbling.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
There should be a mod that puts a laptop in your truck and it is actually running a virtual machine inside Euro Truck Simulator so you can play other games whilst trucking.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
The pro-est solution is to get a cab with an in-dash GPS and only use that.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I feel like my cab wants to tip a lot more, but it's also a lot easier to recover from two wheels without wiping out completely. Overall I'm having a lot of fun with the new physics.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
The Halloween skins are the best. Nothing like doing 90 MPH down a two-lane road with a huge flaming skull on the side of your cab.

Largepotato posted:

Permanent.

Have fun waiting for them to complete the second tunnel between France & Italy.

Just like my hometown!

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Snowy posted:

I wish they'd come up with some paint jobs that aren't so godawful ugly.

Nonsense. The flaming skulls in the Halloween pack are amazing.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Depending on how much you'd be paying for just the G27 wheel, you might also consider just buying a complete Driving Force GT and selling it when you're ready to buy the G27. It's not quite as good but it would probably be a lot more fun than playing without pedals, and it's half the price of the G27.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
From the perspective of the back wheels it looks like the render is from a very slight angle, but there is definitely a pronounced curve to the front of the truck.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

WARnold posted:

Nuuvem has an ETS2 sale going on: http://www.nuuvem.com.br/promo/fim-de-semana-euro-truck

Highlights:
- $3.9 for ETS2
- $5.59 for ETS2 Gold
- $2.7 for Scania Truck Simulator

Games redeem on Steam.

Anyone know if there's a way to buy this from the States?

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

ovaries posted:

Yeah, easily. You don't need to do anything special, just make an account and pay through PayPal. Use Chrome if you want live page translations.

It won't even let me add it to my cart. Oh well, I'll just buy it on Steam now that it's on sale there too.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
drat, these are the best paint jobs since the huge flaming skulls in the Halloween pack.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's perfectly playable with KB+M, although I'd recommend a controller if you have one. Don't need a fancy wheel or anything (although those are cool too), just a 360 controller or whatever works fine.

It's seriously so loving good with a wheel though

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I've said this before, but ETS2 with a wheel and a Rift is the apotheosis of gaming.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
This is why you have to hire a couple of peons to run jobs for you and cover your ticket costs. Slowing down is for suckers.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

hohum posted:

I'd rather them just do away with the business side of things and let us drive our trucks.

Not that it matters now with a dozen garages and 60 drivers, but the first two weeks I owned the game it really felt like a grind.

If you don't want to think about business, only do quick jobs.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
We all know that the best homicidal semi truck movie ever made is Stephen King's Maximum Overdrive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

track day bro! posted:

Is that a coach?

The legendary B9R ASSCAR

• Locked thread