Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hows this match? Might switch over to this instead of Bundesliga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

The gently caress was Marseilles defense doing

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Really strange the ref haven't forced Mendy to change his shirt.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ligue 1 seems allergic to goals.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

tetsman posted:

blahblah evil guys always win

This has been the theme of this weeks football. Real bullshit imo. Go Evian

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

RIP French football. The clubs is on strike and I wouldn't be surprised if we see an exodus of talent in the winter and summer window.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Thiago Silva please come home and bring Ibra with you.

Have all the teams agreed to the strike at this point? I remember that a few of them were opposed. I imagine only the infinite money teams (PSG, Monaco) could weather something like this and continue to pay the salaries that they already pay out.

Every Ligue 1 and 2 clubs I think. They have both LFP and FIFPro support.

quote:

They had already voted to do that last week, and basically at this point since it's still a month away, both sides are just calling each other's bluff. It's not even really a strike, it's just going to be a weekend where they don't play and they'll make it up later (and it's only planned for that weekend).

Yeah, but there's no way French clubs will be able to attract or hold on to their talent any more.

Hegay fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Oct 31, 2013

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Tetsman kept the thread alive

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

So Falcao got scanned and apparently he misses the World Cup. That loving sucks and why the gently caress was he playing against an amateur side anyways.

It's a bit strange that he was flown to Porto and the medical was done by FC Portos doctor Jose Carlos Norona

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Are the French clubs allowed to give youth players a professional contract like England is?
I'm mainly asking because I was just wondering about PSGs longterm plans re:youth talents. I guess they would go down the Man City route and pick the best prospects from others clubs if possible, but the French youth system is a bit strange as I think its one of the only countries that have centralized a lot of it's youth development into elite academies like Clairefontaine?

Speaking of which, how does the elite academies work? Is there like a draft system to get the best talents?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

trem_two posted:

To that question I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, because I remember it was a sort of a big deal when Rabiot signed a professional contract with PSG when he was like 16 or 17.

Ok, cheers!

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

Hegav the french academies are regional, so the best players from various regions go to the elite academies and the ones who aren't so good join up the club academies like normal.

So they join the academies already tied to a club?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ho Chi Meeeeee posted:

The academies are only until they are like 16 or whatever.

Yeah but in modern football talents are picked up at the age of 10 or so, but I guess the clubs are allowed to negotiate with them before the academies release em.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I think Monaco did more than OK going straight from Ligue 2 to 2nd place. Will be interesting to see what happens to em now that the owner has lost half his fortune

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

I just hope it's the prelude to a post-divorce firesale. I love a good post-oligarch firesale.

Is it final or can he appeal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Looks like Zidane is pretty close to sealing the deal with Bordeaux. Will be interesting to see how he does.

• Locked thread