Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Is there anything in Spanish media regarding Neymar's supposed anaemia? Polish online tabloids are writing about it today. Sounds like some blood bags are in order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
For those who haven't fallen asleep watching this boring snoozefest, Valencia finally managed to score. It's 1-0.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

El Hefe posted:

Huge gently caress up by Caballero there.

Indeed, it was awful. As was the whole game, which just ended with Valencia winning by that solitary goal. At least, for Malaga's sake, it wasn't 5-1 again.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Why is Iker on the bench? What the gently caress Ancelotti? Lopez is poo poo :frogout:

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
loving hell.

Ramos still on holidays.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
The Casillas curse continues. Just put him on the field already, ffs.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegav posted:

lol second own goal by that guy but both got disallowed

Shut up, he's the best defender we've got. Probably explains why Poland plays the way it does.

Edit: Also, finally.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Benzema offside yet again. It's his retarded hair. That must be it.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegav posted:

god we're poo poo

Yeah, this is not looking good.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Isco out of nowhere! Finally.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
La decima is definitely happening this season.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Beautiful goal. Thoroughly deserved too.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegav posted:

gently caress.

Ancelotti just said Diego Lopez will play again tomorrow but that he doesn't think Casillas will leave. Just the thought of that happening is making me sick

This is getting ridiculous. At this point, I'm honestly hoping Lopez gets injured and fucks off in winter. Casillas was back to his best during the Confed cup, keeping him on the bench is inexcusable - even more so with Lopez not exactly inspiring confidence lately.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Isco! What a beautiful buildup. Truly a joy to watch.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Ronaaaaaldooooo! Beautiful header. Look at him, so much respect.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
So that's two people booed at the Bernabeu this afternoon. First Lopez and now Benzema coming off to resounding dissatisfaction. Deservedly so, he was shite.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
3-1 full time. A mildly entertaining game. Isco and Modric were amazing, everyone else not so much.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Casillas is a club and country icon and still very much a world class keeper who, like any other world class keeper, has good and bad spells. That's hardly a reason to keep him on the bench. The only solution to the Casillas/Lopez situation is to bench Lopez and let him quietly leave in the winter window, while bringing in a genuine understudy that will replace Iker in 5 or 6 years time. Why Ancelotti/Perez continue this bizarre situation and allow it to ferment and fester is truly beyond me.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegav posted:

Reports coming out that Ronaldo is really really pissed about the sale of Özil. Oh for fucks sake Perez, you've upset the whole squad then.

Isco has also refused to take the #10.

Polish tabloids have been reporting on this too. Apparently in addition to Isco and Ronaldo, Ramos and Arbeloa have also criticised Ozil's departure. Wonderful.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Florentino Perez is the last person on earth I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to when it comes to transfering good players to make way for expensive flashy ones. I'm not buying any of these stories at all.

Yeah, me neither. Sounds to me like the PR machine is in full disaster recovery mode, especially now that it leaked out that the players themselves are not happy. That's the last thing the fans want to hear.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegav posted:

If thats the case, why didn't we sell Khedira instead?

Kedira wouldn't pull in 45m EUR.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Sounds to me like the move was made after Arsenal signed or was about to sign Ozil. United's Herrera deal fell through literally at the last minute, by that time Real already got what they wanted (i.e. 50m out of Arsenal).

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegav posted:

Technically you can terminate a contract with sporting just cause if you play less than 10% of the matches but it's some weird FIFA poo poo and not as simple as that. Also, he's gonna end up leaving isn't he? I can't loving believe the possibility that a Casillas in his prime might end up leaving. It's like Mourinho has brainwashed half of the Madridistas to believe that Casillas is poo poo.

I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks Casillas is poo poo and judging by the fans reaction to Lopez in the last game, I don't think the Madristas do either. If the fans do turn on Casillas and if he is forced out then everyone at Real are loving idiots and deserve everything that's coming to them (and it isn't La Decima).

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Pedro De Heredia posted:

The latest absurd rumor from the Spanish press is that Mourinho is interested in Valdes as goalkeeper.

There is zero truth to this, but it would be hilarious if Valdes went to a Mourinho team and was replaced by Casillas at Barcelona.

Hillarious, maybe, but I honestly cannot see Casillas going to Barca. Not even in my worst nightmares. Abroad, perhaps. Even so, forcing Iker out of Real is sheer loving insanity.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Somehow not being able to watch this game tonight isn't pissing me off as much as I thought it would.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
So I hear Bale scored. Good on him. That'll be a nice confidence boost.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
loving Ramos :negative:

I hope it's just a minor thing and Iker will be back to his feet in no time. I am seriously livid about all this.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Ronaldo celebrated. Twice. Terrible game. I refuse to watch Atleti tear Lopez a new one. On second thought, gently caress Lopez.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

El Hefe posted:

Marca has a poll of whether Del Bosque should call up Diego Costa or not.

http://www.marca.com/debate/2013/09/3946/prevotaciones3946.html

Most people think he should.

How are they getting around him having played two friendlies for Brazil?

If they can, Del Bosque should, it's a no brainer, he's been playing really well and will probably do well for the Spanish team. Assuming he manages not get sent off every other game.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Bea Nanner posted:

Friendlies don't tie you into a national team iirc, only competitive matches.

Indeed, you're right, article 18 of FIFA Statutes, Eligibility Rules - Change of Association:

FIFA posted:

1. If a Player has more than one nationality, or if a Player acquires a new nationality, or if a Player is eligible to play for
several representative teams due to nationality, he may, only once, request to change the Association for which he is
eligible to play international matches to the Association of another country of which he holds nationality, subject to the
following conditions:

(a) He has not played a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition at “A” international level for his current
Association, and at the time of his first full or partial appearance in an international match in an official competition for
his current Association, he already had the nationality of the representative team for which he wishes to play.

(b) He is not permitted to play for his new Association in any competition in which he has already played for his previous
Association.

mackintosh fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 25, 2013

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Enjoyable game with a terrible result. I said it last season and I'll say it again, as long as Iker is injured or on the bench, Real will keep playing poo poo. Ancelotti will walk and Zidane will replace him. Pretty sure that's what Perez wants to do. I don't have any faith in Zidane either though. Especially after those two clowns sold Higuain and Ozil and are starting Lopez and Benzema.

:negative:

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Well done Perez. Real certainly needed to replace a competent striker and an excellent playmaker with a kcnackered chimp. Oh well, maybe he can make funny faces, scratch his head and throw feces on the sidelines demoralizing the opposition.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Welp, gently caress.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Jesus Christ they almost killed Ronaldo.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
The Chimp is angry.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
This was a really good poo poo game. That's all I have to say on the matter.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I can't believe monkey boy scored. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

El Hefe posted:

Today is the derby Barcelones

Barca - Espanyol at 4pm EST

I can't remember the last time Espanyol beat Barca but it should be fun, Espanyol are the only team that has been able to beat Atletico Madrid this season after all.

Wasn't all that long ago, 2008/2009, 1-2 at Camp Nou.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Hegav posted:

Ronaaaaaldoooooooooo

Holy poo poo that was fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

And there it goes.