Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like
:love:moray cup:love:
:love:sheep:love:

:love:haim:love:
Is there any chance of C Ronaldo leaving Madrid for Man Utd? The papers seem to be very definitive, and Calderon confirmed that Man Utd have been talking to Madrid about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

vaginal culture posted:

Barca (and Spain) run an extensive teamwide doping regime and it is basically common knowledge.

Wheres the proof of this? I mean solid proof and not speculation

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

vaginal culture posted:

http://storify.com/GreggCarter/giggs-boson-s-tweets-on-fuentes-trial-and-doping-i

Spain is doing their very best to cover it up but bits are out there. Makes me wonder if Abidals cancer is related.

This is all speculation though. There is no solid proof. Present me the proof.

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Suqit posted:

It seems like it has been to me, its just the really good CBs they went after weren't available; Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Agger, etc. They will probably do another Chygryinskiyiyiyi and buy someone poo poo for 30 million then sell him for 5 a year later.

I still have high hopes that Bartra will make good and solve the problem all together.

Bartra is just so suspect positionally and defensively, I feel confident he will never make it at Barcelona. He was getting ragdolled by tiny strikers in the pre season friendlies there.

A much better prospect is Bagnack, but he is too young right now

Edit: Dont type good

northward fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 6, 2013

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Hegav posted:

We don't speak of Kaka.. man what a mistake that transfer was.

Abidal were called up for the French national team as well. Barca really should have given him another year.

Theres a school of thought that says Rosell let him go because he didnt want the team to potentially be set back by heartbreak again should anything happen to him.

Thats not my school of thought though, I think Rosell should get to gently caress and let Laporta come back. The CB problems not being solved at all since his entrance is another symptom of his bad management IMO.

Edit: ridiculous mistakes

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

El Hefe posted:

The one who's really awful at his job is Zubizarreta not Rosell, too bad Txiki Begiristain went to ManCity he was great.

Arguing with Pep in the press and getting papers to write the Pep didnt visit Tito in hospital was really scummy

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Rape me n puyi

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

AndTheKnee posted:

Yeah too bad Medel is in Cardiff now. Costa would have wound him up good and proper just like in the CdR semifinal last season.

I'm already dreading the day that Oliver will have to be sold off. Hopefully a new TV deal is sorted by then.

Torres? I've heard a first option for Barca was included in the Villa deal

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

El Hefe posted:

Tata said Barca won't buy any more players this summer, he also said recently that when Puyol gets back he'll be like a whole new signing!!!

Barca are going to win gently caress all this year without a new center back. Please sign Mangala. Porto will sell and he would be perfect. please

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Am I missing something with Ozil? I think he has to be one of the top 10 midfielders in the world. Why are there rumours of him being moved on?

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

El Hefe posted:

Well, Iniesta isn't there but yeah that's pretty much the best.

Cesc has been better than Iniesta this year

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

That was a terribly unenjoyable game. A Madrid with 26 fouls. Madmen

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Some guy called Paul Morrissey wrote some things about Messi:

Paul Morrissey @Paul_Morrissey
Messi to Tello: 'What are u doing? You're new, you're nobody, so pass me the ball, because you're here to play for me.'' [El Confidencial]

Messi's brought Tello to tears with his insults,who's been hurt with how teammates just ignore & accept behaviour as normal [El Confidencial

Messi to Alexis: 'Seeing how bad you are, I don't know how u cost so much. You don't score enough, so pass me the ball.' [El Confidencial]

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Lets take the time to remind ourselves that Casillas' favourite meal is egg and chips.

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

El Hefe posted:

And we lost Thiago, and we're losing Valdes this season, wouldn't surprise me if Iniesta starts getting fed up with these idiots.

Hes about to sign a long term contract and become the clubs second highest paid player

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

El Hefe posted:

Hopefully they don't get embarrassed 7-0 by Chelsea in the process.

What happened is this: Tata came in and is a very analytical guy and doesnt want to rush into a choice. He wants to wait till January and buy someone then. Clearly this will be fine as they will still be in the CL and will be there or thereabouts in the league. Someone will come in January

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

mackintosh posted:

Ronaldo celebrated. Twice. Terrible game. I refuse to watch Atleti tear Lopez a new one. On second thought, gently caress Lopez.

On second thought, Atleti do gently caress all against Real in the league

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

How can anyone like Madrid is a team? Bunch of horrible nasty bastards (Pepe) and sour faced cunts (Ronald)

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Lol someone gif the guy in the crowd freaking out after Isco is subbed off

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Atletis defense is ridiculous this year. They could legit win la Liga

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Gigi Galli posted:

Thanks guys, the source is definitely AS, but it seems like a total Galliani move so it's definitely plausible in my opinion. A real center back, I remember when we had those :allears:

Hes not actually very good. Being "linked" to Barca was his agent desperately hawking him in the press to a completely uninterested Barca.

In other news, Barcelona want to buy a center forward and the options (supposedly) are: Aduriz, Agirretxe, Pelle, Dzyuba, Cardozo, Huntelaar, Kiessling, or Cvitanich

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Chas McGill posted:

He's a better CB than Adriano...

Barca concede from another set piece ~ in the market for a striker.

Yes, he is a better CB than a player who isnt a CB.

Theyre also in the market for a defender

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Chas McGill posted:

He'll play in more than one big game this season as a CB because Pique/Mascherano (also not a CB) will inevitably get injured.

No, he wont. Pique/Mascerano/Bartra/Puyol until January then buy another defender. This is what will happen

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Rumour in Bild that Hummels will sign for Barcelona next year for €35m and they have already signed his successor

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

DOOP posted:

something something doping something roids

"They" as in Barca or Dortmund? Why cant Dortmund hang onto their players jesus christ?

Yeah sorry, "they" as in Dortmund

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

RM are gonna win, I can feel it in my bones

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Oliver Torres is an incredible player and better than almost any 18 year old ive ever seen

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Modus Trollens posted:

I've never actually watched Costa play (disclaimer) but surely he can't be so good that he'd walk into Spain's starting XI? Or onto their bench?

Then why would you state your opinion? The fact is that Spain doesnt have many (or maybe any) good "traditional" strikers and Costa is both a) that and b) most definitely good enough

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Why the gently caress would any young footballer go to Real Madrid

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Diego Costa declares for Spain

http://www.football-espana.net/37433/diego-costa-%E2%80%98signs%E2%80%99-spain

quote:

Diego Costa has reportedly signed documentation confirming his desire to represent Spain at international level.

The 25-year-old has found himself caught between continuing to represent his country of birth Brazil or La Roja, who he has qualified to play for through receiving Spanish citizenship this summer.

AS are today running the line that the player has confirmed his intention to play for Vicente del Bosque’s side and has now taken the necessary step of signing documentation to that effect.

Reportedly doing so in front of a legal representative this week, this is a letter required under FIFA rules for the player to send to the Brazilian Football Confederation to officially decline their call to the Selecao’s squad which reportedly came last week with November’s international dates in mind.

AS believe that the Spanish Football Federation are anticipating an appeal from the CBF to FIFA on the player’s eligibility to play for Spain, having represented Brazil in two friendlies earlier in 2013.

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Hegav posted:

Pretty disrespectful comment from the loving president of FIFA towards one of the best players in the world, don't you think? Barca fans truly is a bunch of morons with no manners

Its true tho. Also you'd prob find it funny if you werent a whiny Madrid fanboy

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

This is really embarrassing. CR7 really thinks he deserves to win the BdO and this is why he isnt. Thats what hes saying right?

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Why is Brau not working with Messi anymore?

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

El Hefe posted:

Messi put out a press release today to clarify that there's nothing true in the reports that he has a bad relationship with Juanju Brau and the real reason he's not working with him anymore is that Barca promoted him to another role in the team and that the physical therapist that arrived today in Barcelona wasn't hired by him but by the Argentinian FA...

http://www.marca.com/2013/11/13/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1384374862.html

I don't like this one bit.

Embarrassing that Messi has to issue statements himself. Sandro Rosell is a joke of a president

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Hegav posted:

loving internationals. Just as Khedira was improving he gets injured for almost the rest of the season according to the German FA.

Has Khedira been getting a game?

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

El Hefe posted:

Pinto is 38, Adama is 17, he could be his father. :stare:

Also Adama apparently is only a Juvenil A player not even a Barca B player.

Adama is a great player. Very pacy. Will have a good future. Him, Munir and Sanabria

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Messi wins best player in La Liga, as voted by players and coaches. Ronaldo wins an award that nobody votes on called "Most valuable player" (lol).

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Bartra at that corner...

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Borzou posted:

What did Neymar do?

The offside? Cut in from the left, beat some men with awesome skill, one-two then hit the bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

northward
Feb 21, 2006

ABERDEEN ARE AWESOME
fit like

Both newspapers and C. Ronaldo himself have been informed that hes won the Ballon D'Or

• Locked thread