Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
D-d-death car. :wth:

I'm glad you finally bought this thing. It's much nicer than I thought it was based on your initial pictures and description.

How much of your 323 GTX pile will fit into here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

General_Failure posted:

Things like the 323 always ended up in the hands of new drivers and people without the money or desire to maintain them. Solid cars but they all got thrashed to death.
That's why the Concours d'Lemons is so cool. You get to see all these normal boring commuter cars that people have preserved over the years - I think it takes way more commitment and is more impressive than a chequebook resto or a barn find of an old muscle car or something that people would actually be inspired to preserve and treat specially over the years.

Like look at that Amazon wagon - it's gorgeous and desirable now but when it was new it was just a pedestrian car. Probably very few have survived to the current day, and almost none in that condition are original.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 23, 2013

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Fucknag posted:

Kinda makes you wonder, what standard appliance cars from today will be the cool old cars of 40 years from now?
We had a great thread a few months ago that was like "what cars from today will be collector cars in the future?" This question is kind of the opposite of that thread.

I'm sorta thinking some of the early plastic Saturns would be good candidates for quirky old cars.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Oh man where was that deal when I was trying to outfit a GX FC with wheels?

• Locked thread