Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Notts County are currently two for two for red cards in competitive fixtures this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Psybro posted:

Watched Stevenage beat Notts County today in the 90th minute, wow did County ever suck. Holy Jesus they were bad.

I can't even apologise for that. It's just a natural thing. We're going to get relegated soon. Maybe this year, maybe not. But the chairman is refusing to put money into the club and I think we're just going to decline.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Noone else gets to do a sad ITT as long as I am still here and still a Notts County supporter

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

He's going to need to see a chiropractor soon after carrying the entire team on his back every week.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Can we start the season over again please?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Notts County Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Shaun Derry as first team player-manager.

just when i thought this season couldn't get any worse

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Apparently we signed him as player-manager, then realised that he couldn't be registered to play for us this season having already played for millwall and QPR. Apparently he's going to be player-manager next season though (just kidding, he will be sacked before march)

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Notts...won a game?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Redundant posted:

2 potentially iffy penalties (they looked outside the box from where I was) and the worst Elvis performance I have ever seen. Welcome to Vale Park!!!

3 games in as many weeks that we've dropped points to refball. But at least the football is good. We should avoid the drop if we keep playing like this.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

The worst part of notts getting relegated is that it won't even get me away from this lovely loving thread

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Ahahahaha get bummed stevenage, get bummed psybro

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

shaun derry posted:

“That’s disgusting and I can’t believe that we got ourselves in that position after 15-20 minutes,” he said.

“In my honest opinion, we started playing selfishly as individuals, not as a team, and I can’t accept that.

“Once again we’ve absolutely pressed the self-destruct button, just like we did away at Peterborough, and that’s six points that could be unbelievably costly between now and the end of the season and I’m not accepting it.

“There’s a lack of discipline across the board, from red cards to other offences that I’ll keep private, it’s engrained in the players and they’ve got to take responsibility for their own actions and for their own profession.

“I take responsibility for mine, Greg [Abbott] takes responsibility for his and the staff we’ve got take responsibility for theirs and that’s what hurts.

“It should be an embarrassed dressing room – because I’m embarrassed.”

he's lost the dressing room imo

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

My rangers friend refused to believe me when I tried to explain how poo poo Davie Weir is by the fact he dragged promotion contenders into the relegation zone. "No, the team is probably just shite!" he said. Hah.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Can't you all just roll over for us? I mean really?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Please Swindon keep bottling it for the last 10 minutes

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Popehoist posted:

Please Swindon keep bottling it for the last 10 minutes

I think I jinxed it :stare: 2 red cards for the promotion bottle merchants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

shoutouts to oldham for not turning up

• Locked thread