Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Claimh Solais is way too easy to get for how OP it is. The arc on that thing is so large for Graham you can just sit right under him at absolutely zero risk swinging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Milo and POTUS posted:

It might break the game more than the crissaegrim because at least sotn has some other stupidly overpowered weapons.

There are other weapons that are on par with Claimh Solais, but they're either locked to new game+ or super rare drops. Meanwhile you can just pick up the Claimh Solais like, midway through.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The 1999 game never getting made is the true tragedy

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nyoro posted:

do you have any faith that it would be good

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
The 1999 game would never have lived up to what people imagined it to be. It's the kind of thing that's best left to allusions

venom3053000
Dec 29, 2013

Nyoro posted:

Even if it was good, could it ever match what people think it should be?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The 1999 game will be made as a mobile tower defense game with in-app skeleton purchases

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Share this game to Facebook to get 24 hours of red skeleton supercharge!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Anonymous Robot posted:

The 1999 game will be made as a mobile tower defense game with in-app skeleton purchases

This sounds like the kind of game Dracula himself would develop to enslave the cell phone users of the world

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Iga said he intended for it to be a multiplayer game, from memory.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

QWOP but with a whip. QWHIP.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Castlevania MMO raid boss.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
see, I would have said the same thing about Metroid Dread, and look how that turned out. I think the world is ready for 1999.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RBA Starblade posted:

QWOP but with a whip. QWHIP.

I think that's Earnest Evens.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Gologle posted:

see, I would have said the same thing about Metroid Dread, and look how that turned out. I think the world is ready for 1999.

You might be right! Maybe we should let these MercurySteam fellows give it the ol' college try.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

So like Grimoire of Souls that Konami left in beta only in Canada with no content updates for a year

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
only to bring back years later as an apple arcade exclusive

turns out the "multiplayer" aspect was referring to the userbase as a whole, not individual gamers

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bloodstained is Castlevania in every way that matters.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

This is sacrilege because of my avatar, but I'm not really enjoying dread. Especially the stealth sections. I think the only reason I'm still playing it is because I spent money on it.

The boss fights are cool though.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I started playing Order of Ecclesia about a week ago and am near finished. The game is good but the controls still feel a little stiff compared to what I recall of Aria of Sorrow and Bloodstained. Having the magic spells being primary weapons feels so busted.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hyper Inferno posted:

I started playing Order of Ecclesia about a week ago and am near finished. The game is good but the controls still feel a little stiff compared to what I recall of Aria of Sorrow and Bloodstained. Having the magic spells being primary weapons feels so busted.
It helps to think of it as essentially a Dark Souls stamina meter limiting your attacks

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
Is there a cheat code to unlock hard mode in AoS without beating the game first? I couldn't find anything with a quick google search but maybe it's obscure.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

The United States posted:

It helps to think of it as essentially a Dark Souls stamina meter limiting your attacks

It's more that all the weapons that have the nice swing arcs have this tiny delay before coming out that makes them feel really stiff to use. Farming the Ascia glyph early really made it feel better but I never liked the hammer, scythe, or even sword weapons because of that delay.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

itskage posted:

This is sacrilege because of my avatar, but I'm not really enjoying dread. Especially the stealth sections. I think the only reason I'm still playing it is because I spent money on it.

The trick to the Stealth Sequences is you shouldn't be trying to stealth them. Just move forward and only go invisible when you need to let an EMMI go past. EMMIs are not going to catch you unless you stop and you'll probably outrun them easily enough,

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pneub posted:

Is there a cheat code to unlock hard mode in AoS without beating the game first? I couldn't find anything with a quick google search but maybe it's obscure.

I thought you could do it from the get-go? I definitely thought it easier on hard because I came loaded for bear

Schwarzwald posted:

There are other weapons that are on par with Claimh Solais, but they're either locked to new game+ or super rare drops. Meanwhile you can just pick up the Claimh Solais like, midway through.

The only weapon I can think of more broken than the crissaegrim is the alucard shield/rod combo which is arguably a spell rather than a weapon.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

itskage posted:

The "stealth" sections play better when you abandon stealth and just run like a bat out of hell. Occasionally engage stealth when you move but mostly just burn rubber to the next EMMI area exit, study the map and do it all over again.

It helps that if you die you end up right outside the door again. I don't particularly like the EMMI rooms either, but they feel more tolerable to me when I play them like Ridge Racer rather than Metal Gear.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Milo and POTUS posted:

I thought you could do it from the get-go? I definitely thought it easier on hard because I came loaded for bear

Nope, hard mode gets unlocked alongside new game+ (just double checked).

Also, I'd put the RPG from DoS above AoS Claihm, but below the Chrisaegrm.

E: there's no way in hell I'm ever gonna spell those right.

Pneub fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 14, 2021

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

ImpAtom posted:

The trick to the Stealth Sequences is you shouldn't be trying to stealth them. Just move forward and only go invisible when you need to let an EMMI go past. EMMIs are not going to catch you unless you stop and you'll probably outrun them easily enough,

Yeah Samus is so speedy and agile that I don’t think the devs wanted you to stealth around them like Solid Snake, but speed around so you’re not so much as in the same zipcode as an EMMI until you have a rough route on where to go

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg
xbox museum reminding me that I really like castlevania

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Do you have a group to play with??

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Dross posted:

Do you have a group to play with??

Not really anymore. I played with a few people from 2010 onwards where after 100%ing the game we'd spend the rest of the time finding glitches and speedrunning, but the group died down and I eventually stopped renewing XBL gold. There's two that play every so often but they spend a lot of time doing some crazy races Omnia Vanitas-canceling with Julius so they're not the best to join if you just wanna play co-op. If the community's still as welcoming as when I last played, random lobbies are still fun. I remember it being pretty dead in 2017-18 but that was before all the backwards compatibility stuff they added

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HolyKrap posted:

Not really anymore. I played with a few people from 2010 onwards where after 100%ing the game we'd spend the rest of the time finding glitches and speedrunning, but the group died down and I eventually stopped renewing XBL gold. There's two that play every so often but they spend a lot of time doing some crazy races Omnia Vanitas-canceling with Julius so they're not the best to join if you just wanna play co-op. If the community's still as welcoming as when I last played, random lobbies are still fun. I remember it being pretty dead in 2017-18 but that was before all the backwards compatibility stuff they added

Port HoD to PC already you fucks

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
On one hand, a PC port of HoD would be rad

On the other hand, I never want to grind for Sonic Boots ever again

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

RBA Starblade posted:

Port HoD to PC already you fucks

I loving wish, pretty sure I could play that game forever if we got new chapters or even mods. There's so much more Castlevania they could recycle

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Playing SOTN for the first time in twenty years and I gotta say, the inverted castle rules. It in no way feels like an afterthought or padding. It brings the familiar environment to a more sinister and otherworldly feeling place, and offers up fresh enemies, a new soundtrack, remixed areas, and a litany of novel challenges and little tricks and jokes. It’s easily the best part of the game.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

HolyKrap posted:

Huh, maybe it’s better once you’re established and playing on hard mode but I can never find people for normal mode

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Dross posted:

Huh, maybe it’s better once you’re established and playing on hard mode but I can never find people for normal mode

Unfortunately yeah, it definitely is. Once people reach hard there's no real reason to return to normal unless it''s for a specific item. There were a couple times where my group would take off all our higher level equipment and play with new people on normal just to gently caress around but the odds of you seeing that are almost 0 lol. At best you'll find someone willing to rush you through normal if you create a lobby, but most people are probably searching for hard lobbies
It doesn't take too long to run through normal with Soma or Alucard. Their upgrade paths are more straightforward and end up doing more damage earlier than other characters, especially if you're good with backdash canceling. For offense, most people online will be trying to farm for valmanways and miser rings. but depending on your equipment, backdash canceling muramasas will outdamage valmanway, especially in the DLC chapters
With whip users, it's almost impossible to max their skills out by playing normally. The grind is awful, but Julius is fun as hell

Electromax
May 6, 2007
https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1472390023303544832?s=20

Blasted through CotM and HoD in the last few weeks. Burned out a bit 1/3 through AoS, gonna get back to it though. Enjoyed the previous 2 more than expected.

I really want a DS re-release though. DoS looks so good.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1472911199859793928?s=20

Castlevania 2. Nice and wide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
https://twitter.com/vgcartography/status/1475647609503203328?s=20

Through Rondo of Blood now, polished them a bit also. (last one I'll bump the thread for, but SotN is also basically done and the GBA/DS ones are coming)