Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Huh, they also did the Blaster Master reboot games which were good. Why did Mighty Number 9 suck so bad then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Keiji Inafune

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'd like to be glib and just say 'Blame Inafune' but honestly a huge part of the issue with MN9 was that they way overpromised what they could do with stretch goals and time/budget for those vs what the Kickstarter actually brought in.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

And for her neutral special, this anime wields A GUN

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Note: The playable characters come from Galgun so this is technically a spinoff of that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lmao

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Who’s making that? Anybody we know?

Edit, nm I looked them up. It’s the EX Capcom folks. I’m skeptical, but we’ll see. Mighty Number 9 was kinda meh, if I recall.

Inti Creates basically had the bare minimum to do with MN9.

In the meanwhile they released like 8 games most of which are fun to excellent. (I've never touched gal gun so no idea there)

It is however likely to be extremely horny

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Do we know if it’s Metroidvania or Classicvania?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pureauthor posted:

Note: The playable characters come from Galgun so this is technically a spinoff of that.

ugh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6G9smtj8Do

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Cartoon Man posted:

Do we know if it’s Metroidvania or Classicvania?

From the youtube info blurb:

quote:

Players take control of the two sisters with different attacks and capabilities to challenge the demon castle and the bosses waiting within. Discover new routes through the castle using the sisters' unique abilities!

The stars of Grim Guardians are the long-distance focused “Shinobu Kamizono” and the close-range brawler “Maya Kamizono.” Players will need to consider the situation when choosing which sister to control as they make their way through the castle, investigating the mystery of what happened to their school and its students.

Other features include 2-player co-op with special actions, extensive difficulty options with the “Style System,” unique changes on repeat plays, and most importantly the quality and challenge players have come to expect from Inti Creates titles, this time with a new gothic horror aesthetic.

Nothing definite, but the bolded part makes me think Metroidvania.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Could also mean it's Rondo of Blood style...

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

This looks really cool. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

Pureauthor posted:

:oh:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I had no idea what galgun was so I looked it up.

:yikes:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 4, 2022

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

A lot of inti games have had galgun characters as base or DLC playables and divorced from their home context they're petty normal since it's always just been "here's a (possibly cupid-themed) girl with a gun" instead of the male self-insert or coming paired with him.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
IntiCreates is close to unimpeachable when it comes to 2D but anytime they’re involved with 3D it’s usually a disaster

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
They’re also relentlessly horny the minute you step into content outside the games themselves and also often in the actual games

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

They’re also relentlessly horny the minute you step into content outside the games themselves and also often in the actual games

Plant titties

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Boy that’s somehow worse than I remembered

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

And she was so popular they made a DLC largely about unlocking horny variations of her.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I put BMZ2 down shortly after encountering her.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Shinobu-chan! Maya! Shinobu-chan! Maya! Let's Talk about Grim Guardians

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

lmao at pinning MN9 on Inti Creates. By the time they got involved with that they'd also done the Zero and ZX games. They're also behind the two retro-aesthetic Bloodstained games in case you have just been focused on the Castlevania-sphere.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Hmm. Let's check out the website link in the video's description!

Oh.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

Yep.
https://twitter.com/Rafclan/status/1555252185277014022

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Potsticker posted:

lmao at pinning MN9 on Inti Creates. By the time they got involved with that they'd also done the Zero and ZX games. They're also behind the two retro-aesthetic Bloodstained games in case you have just been focused on the Castlevania-sphere.

Inti Creates even went on to make Mighty Gunvolt Burst which is just MN9 except good.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

TheKingofSprings posted:

IntiCreates is close to unimpeachable when it comes to 2D but anytime they’re involved with 3D it’s usually a disaster

Yeah I'm not concerned at all that it will be solid for gameplay and am very excited to hear this exists, but I hope they keep the horny to handheld Castlevania levels. Also put the difficulty somewhere between COTM 1 and 2.

Motto posted:

A lot of inti games have had galgun characters as base or DLC playables and divorced from their home context they're petty normal since it's always just been "here's a (possibly cupid-themed) girl with a gun" instead of the male self-insert or coming paired with him.

Yeah this, they at least make the characters fit the theme of the game so they don't stick out.

Pureauthor posted:

Did they hire the same dude that voice the Bloodstained CotM trailers for this one lol

It's their in-house trailer guy and they really need to replace him, every single time it sounds like some highschooler trying to hype up their fanfic :lmao:

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Trailer looks interesting!

Potsticker posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Shinobu-chan! Maya! Shinobu-chan! Maya! Let's Talk about Grim Guardians

Very much this, however.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Inti Creates even went on to make Mighty Gunvolt Burst which is just MN9 except good.

Yes! Mighty Gunvolt was pretty okay too for what it was, but Burst was super fun!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Trailer video's gone now by the way. (what was it)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

HGH posted:

Trailer video's gone now by the way. (what was it)
Grim Guardians: Demon Purge. It should actually be back up now at the same link. Video says it was listed 23 minutes ago.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Video is back up.

I have very little hope for the game to be truly metroidvania based on the devs track record but I'm ready to be surprised and will, as every single game Team Ladybug produces shows, do metroidvania methadone all the time

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The website actually exists now lmao.

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I can't post a link right now but her blog had a lot of casual flat earth, deep state nonsense. Last I saw, she was talking about the murdered "Shinzo Abe" was actually a clone and the real Abe had been killed in Guantanamo years ago, and how the assassination was cool because it demonstrated Japan wresting themselves from CIA control.

Those castle video tour videos she posts on youtube tie into it, she's part of some flat earth society that thinks the geometry of the castle contains the secret to perpetual energy or something. She's way into numerology and pseudoscience about healing frequencies and all that bullshit - it seemed like her support of Trump was primarily tied to him pushing for 5G, because apparently it contains a frequency that the Rockefellers tried to stamp out and replace with 440hz concert pitch in order to keep the populace docile.

She straight up said she started going deep after her cat died, so I think she just snapped at some point.

Ooooh, so that's why the Bloodstained OST was pitched down a little, I was wondering about that

In one of her recent interviews she said that Bloodstained was going to be her last fast-paced action soundtrack of her career, with no elaboration or question from the interviewer. I wonder if that's her decision on focusing on healing music, or if IGA's getting more impatient. I recall him mentioning she's getting way into healing frequencies before, and if she has to ask the performers to tune their instruments differently every time, maybe it's becoming more trouble than it's worth

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Sheesh. That's a big hole.

Is this a recent thing? D'ya think she's snuck some of these healing frequencies into older games?

I'll go replay OoE again and report back

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
the music in portrait of ruin cured my wandering bowels

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
sad that michiru yamane has gone insane, but why is it so hard to replace her with someone who can do competent pastiche of either her work or castlevania music prior to that? music in CotM2 and the Classic mode for Bloodstained were DOGSHIT, in my own miserable little opinion

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

I wasn't big on main Bloodstained's music myself. I dug some of the CotM tracks, though.

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Bonaventure posted:

sad that michiru yamane has gone insane, but why is it so hard to replace her with someone who can do competent pastiche of either her work or castlevania music prior to that? music in CotM2 and the Classic mode for Bloodstained were DOGSHIT, in my own miserable little opinion

Yamane has her style, kinda basic but steady rhythms and nice melodies with an obvious classical influence. Maybe they weren't as strict as trying to get the other writers to mimic her style in Bloodstained, but the people who worked with her on the DSVanias were great.

Yasuhiro Ichihashi in OoE had some good stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTF1lvGr0pA

Yuzo Koshiro is always making amazing tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mVXgBcQNEo

I bet SotN was good practice though, how the gently caress does anyone make a whole soundtrack that amazing?

Seriously these recent uploads are really nice to listen to. Maybe being a musical genius means you have to sacrifice a bit of your brain power on remembering things like basic science and what shape the earth is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQABPL2_eFo&t=18s

HolyKrap fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Aug 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
It sounds like she's having a legitimate mental health crisis, but lots of people - hell I'm one - have had mental health crises without supporting Nazis so gently caress her.

And yeah, Inti Creates own. I was playing some of the Zero games a while back and after that it's just impossible to go back to playing Zero in Megaman X4.