Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendly gentleman
Jul 8, 2007

UH, THIS ISNT YOUR DOG IS IT
I've had enough with the VSONIC GR07 Bass Editions - these headphones are pretty well liked on Head-Fi and I think I've seen some posts on them here. Late last year I ordered a pair to the US from lendmeurears.com (the only US authorized retailer for VSONIC products as far as I know) and haven't gotten a working pair since. I'm currently on my 3rd pair which I received as an RMA earlier in the week - again - like all the other pairs, the left earbud keeps skipping / crackling. Does anyone else have experience with this issue with the GR07's? A review of the lendmeurears.com Facebook page (the only communication channel that they seem to pay attention to) shows a ton of people with the same exact issue - left earbud.

I've had it and I'm trying to get a complete refund - seriously gently caress these headphones. Now lendmeurears.com is in Singapore and VSONIC is pretty much does business only in China - what are my chances here? I paid with a credit card through PayPal. Am I SOL?

And as a happy headphone side-note: what do I look at as a replacement around $150?

Budget: $150. Can be higher if necessary.
Source: LG G2 Android phone, Dell work laptop.
Isolation Requirements: A good amount, would like to use during my noisy commute.
Preferred Type of Headphone: IEMs.
Preferred Tonal Balance: Listen to a good amount of hip hop and electronic music these days - so something more bass heavy would probably be more my thing.
Past Headphones: HD555s - awesome but I sold them because I felt goofy wearing them in public. VSONIC GR07 Bass Editions - see above, they were always broken.
Preferred Music: Hip hop, alternative, electronic music.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
Hi all,

My Steelseries 4h headset has broken and I'm in need of a replacement.

Could someone recommend me something good please.

Budget: Around £60 ($100)
Source: Desktop pc, also buying an Asus Xonar DG to replace onboard sound. Sometimes used with Nexus 5 / iPad
Isolation Requirements: Doesn't need to be isolated
Preferred Type of Headphone: Over-ear ones.
Preferred Tonal Balance: Bass heavy, I believe this is better for gaming.
Past Headphones: Steelseries 4h, some ancient Philips one before
Preferred Music: Indy, some rock.
Other Uses: Gaming, mainly RPG + FPS

I was thinking of picking up some Corsair Vengeance 1400's from my local store as they're currently reduced to £44, good purchase or not?

Cheers

Redox
Jun 18, 2004
I'm a big and important doctor!
Hey guys,

So I’m doing a ton of running and I’m currently working my way up to being able to do a marathon in the next year. With that said, I’m tired of running with a cord and want something wireless to connect with my phone. I’ve been using a pair of sennheiser pmx 680’s which have worked well for me since my ears are kind of weird and I need something with a bit of tension to keep buds in my ears.

I know that going wireless is going to decrease sound quality, but, I don’t mind all that much since I’m only going to be using these while running.

Money isn’t really an issue and I’m looking to get the best in this category. Recommendations would be awesome!

Budget: ($50 - $200)
Source: Galaxy Note 3 (Yes its huge to run with. I have a special holder for carrying it on my hip while running)
Isolation Requirements: Need to hear cars and cyclist just enough to know that I’m about to die.
Preferred Type of Headphone: (has to be wireless) ear buds, or IEM. (Though, a band or something to give them tension pressing from behind to stay in my ears will help a ton)
Preferred Tonal Balance: Balanced
Past Headphones: sennheiser pmx 680’s, sennheiser HD 598
Preferred Music: Electronic, Alternative
Other Uses: Running

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
A question for those of you with expensive headphones. Do you listen to lossless music or does it not really matter? I'm curious with everything moving to streaming. I just have my library on Google Music so I have that on my phone or laptop at work. Then I'll listen to youtube albums or sometimes Spotify.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I just got a pair of Sony MDR-1Rs and they're really, really comfortable. I saw they're under $200 on Amazon and went for it. Definitely not as bass-heavy as my old V-Moda LP2s but I think the sound is more "natural."

As far as compressed music goes I rip everything I get on CD lossless but I also listen to a lot of online music [even youtube] since my main listening location is a busy office I don't care so much. When I'm at home on my good stereo I'm glad I did it [plus hard drives are so cheap now].

z06ck
Dec 22, 2010

KingKapalone posted:

A question for those of you with expensive headphones. Do you listen to lossless music or does it not really matter? I'm curious with everything moving to streaming. I just have my library on Google Music so I have that on my phone or laptop at work. Then I'll listen to youtube albums or sometimes Spotify.

I have a HE-400 with a Schiit Modi/Magni ($600 at the time, now $500) and I only listen to 256kbit - 320kbit mp3's, no lossless(99% of the time).

When I have listened to lossless I did not notice a difference, personally. Take that FWIW.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

KingKapalone posted:

I've honestly only been using mine them with streaming. I haven't cared to find lossless since everything is just so hosed with dynamic compression (loudness) that I don't care enough to find it in a better format.

neillyb
Nov 15, 2005

People say alcohol is a drug. It's not a drug, it's a drink
To everyone that replied to my post earlier (nobody replied) it doesn't matter now as I said 'gently caress it' and bought some Audio Technica ATH M50s. Goddamn they're good. Wife wasn't happy with the price I paid for them but thankfully I can't hear her moan with them on

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

neillyb posted:

To everyone that replied to my post earlier (nobody replied) it doesn't matter now as I said 'gently caress it' and bought some Audio Technica ATH M50s. Goddamn they're good. Wife wasn't happy with the price I paid for them but thankfully I can't hear her moan with them on

Keep a separate bank account and they will never know!

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Honestly lossless is mostly important for archival purposes. Humans really can't resolve high bitrates like that, and most of the time 25+ year olds won't be able to tell the difference between 320kbps MP3s and FLAC unless their ears are significantly different than others their age, or with almost no noise-induced hearing loss.

Get FLAC when you can to convert to Ogg/MP3/whatever the new flavor of compression is, but really don't stress about listening to it all that much. Way too bloated for mobile devices if you want to store a lot of songs on your phone or whatever.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I thought it was settled years ago that no one could tell the difference in 256k mp3's compared to lossless, and that almost no one could tell from 192k onward?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I thought it was settled years ago that no one could tell the difference in 256k mp3's compared to lossless, and that almost no one could tell from 192k onward?

It was, though it was closer to 256/320 than 192/256. Piling up lossless stuff should mainly be seen as a way to have access to a better file compression standard when it comes out. Listening to lossless is just too much data to be worth it when you literally can't hear the difference.

But yeah, people will still board that Autism V rocket into outer sperg about lossless files and all that. Considering how prevalent and loud dumb opinions get on the internet, it's worth it to reiterate the whole "Bitrate isn't that important" thing from time to time.

e. Test your own ears

GonadTheBallbarian fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 25, 2014

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
hey this might seem kind of odd but does anyone have a recommendation for headphones that are good for sleeping? i listen to music or audiobooks a lot when i goto bed and id like something thats both comfortable and has good sound. Being sturdy would be a good quality as well.

Koosh Koosh
Dec 9, 2004

GET OUT OF MY PROGRAMME, SAD MAN

KingKapalone posted:

A question for those of you with expensive headphones. Do you listen to lossless music or does it not really matter?

I listen to lossless just because storing it is so cheap and easy these days. Own a 4TB drive and a back up drive of the same size, and that does it for me. If you're lacking that kind of space, going for V0 VBR/320kbps mp3 would definitely not be a problem. As has been said by others, there is no audible difference.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

I haven't noticed a difference between purchased music in iTunes and listening to FLAC/lossless in foobar :shrug:.

And these are on my HD 800s with an amp.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

KingKapalone posted:

I use MP3 V0, it's a LAME codec for MP3 that acts as a variable bit rate which allows the bitrate to change throughout the song to lower it when not necessary and raise it when needed. I can not ABX reliably V0 from FLAC so I get my music in V0. If I can barely/rarely tell the difference when trying to listen then I don't feel it worth it to have it in FLAC when most of my listening isn't critical. I certainly couldn't tell whether someone had FLAC or V0 playing if there wasn't a comparison.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Storage is so cheap that I just obtain all my music in flac and then convert to MP3 for my phone, etc. Never know what will come around the corner for listening in the future and my collection is so big I would never go through the trouble of getting it all twice.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I can't tell any difference above 160kbps on my HD 650's. I go for FLAC whenever possible, but I'm very happy with V0 since the whole point of V0 is to be audibly identical to 320kbps.

chernobyl
Jan 2, 2006

GODDAMNIT this holster ITCHES!
I am in need of a good pair of cans. Comfort is paramount. Id like soft velourish pads. I cannot wear things that touch my ears or I get wierd skullcrushing headaches within an hour. I tolerate fullsized/Cicumaural very well however, provided they don't vise grip my head.

Budget: I'd like to stay around $150. Can be higher if necessary.
Source: Homebuilt i5 PC
Isolation Requirements: Little. No one will be bothered.
Preferred Type of Headphone: Full sized Cicumaural mandatory.
Preferred Tonal Balance: "balanced" I guess.
Past Headphones: Superlux HD668B, lots of radio shack garbage.
Preferred Music: all over the place. Alternative, electronic, county, piano, and alot of VOIP calls

chernobyl fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 28, 2014

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

chernobyl posted:

I am in need of a good pair of cans. Comfort is paramount. Id like soft velourish pads. I cannot wear things that touch my ears or I get weird skullcrushing headaches within an hour. I tolerate fullsized/Cicumaural very well however, provided they don't vise grip my head.

Budget: I'd like to stay around $150. Can be higher if necessary.
Source: Homebuilt i5 PC
Isolation Requirements: Little. No one will be bothered.
Preferred Type of Headphone: Full sized Cicumaural mandatory.
Preferred Tonal Balance: "balanced" I guess.
Past Headphones: Superlux HD668B, lots of radio shack garbage.
Preferred Music: all over the place. Alternative, electronic, county, piano, and alot of VOIP calls

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-...s=sony+mdr+7506

+

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-...mic+velour+pads

=

Happy ears and head. Someone else will probably have a better, more cost effective solution but this is a great place to start or an excellent 'if all else fails' option.

liddl ninja
Jan 17, 2013
To get a hangover you need to stop drinking
I just found a good deal on B&W P7's and I need help with a portable setup.

I will be using an iPhone5.

Can someone recommend me a DAC/AMP for P7's + iPhone5 ? What about the "ANDES-E07K" ?

Will this setup work with my iPhone if I get an adapter between my phone and the LOD ?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

liddl ninja posted:

Can someone recommend me a DAC/AMP for P7's + iPhone5 ? What about the "ANDES-E07K" ?

Will this setup work with my iPhone if I get an adapter between my phone and the LOD ?

The iPhone should be more than adequate.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

liddl ninja posted:

P7's are literally designed for mobile devices? The specs back this up too.

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!
I'm looking for some earphones to listen to music on the train/work (Nexus 5/Macbook). I'd really like to get some wireless earphones but it looks like Jaybirds are the only option in that arena, I'm fine with wired as I am on a bit of a budget.

I've got a budget of $50-100, the JayBird JF4 Freedom Sprint seems like a nice option as it has a built-in mic so I could use it for online D&D. The mic is the primary seller, if there are better earphones to be had at that range it would be great to hear.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I need some new headphones.

Budget - $300
Source - Turntable and CD player through Yamaha HTR-5540 receiver. Also HTC One phone, desktop computer.
Isolation Requirements - No real requirements, I just need them to sound great.
Preferred Type of Headphone - You guys tell me. My main concern is detailed, natural sound.
Preferred Tonal Balance - Balanced.
Past Headphones - Sennheiser PX 100-II. Been using these for a couple years. They're good for $50 headphones, but they definitely sound "headphone-y", if that makes sense. I'm wanting something that produces a natural, enveloping sound that really puts the music in front of me.
Preferred Music - Metal (death, black, thrash), rock (classic, 90s alt), some classical and jazz.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

I have a pretty fucking good palate, passed BJCP and level 2 cicerone which is more than half of you dudes can say, so I don't give a hoot anymore about this toxic community.

caiman posted:

I need some new headphones.

Budget - $300
Source - Turntable and CD player through Yamaha HTR-5540 receiver. Also HTC One phone, desktop computer.
Isolation Requirements - No real requirements, I just need them to sound great.
Preferred Type of Headphone - You guys tell me. My main concern is detailed, natural sound.
Preferred Tonal Balance - Balanced.
Past Headphones - Sennheiser PX 100-II. Been using these for a couple years. They're good for $50 headphones, but they definitely sound "headphone-y", if that makes sense. I'm wanting something that produces a natural, enveloping sound that really puts the music in front of me.
Preferred Music - Metal (death, black, thrash), rock (classic, 90s alt), some classical and jazz.

You might really like the Mad Dogs and if you wind up feeling the same after reading some reviews I've got a pair for sale.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Years ago, I used to have a pair of Sennheiser HD 280s and I really loved them. I mostly use headphones for gaming, but I do listen to music as well. I'm definitely not an audiophile, but I just miss how good my HD 280s sounded and how comfortable they were.

Dissatisfied with my current cheaper headphones, and also with the logitech G930s I got a few months ago, I decided to get a higher quality pair of headphones and a clip on or desk mic, definitely going open this time.

My question is, should I get the HD 518s, or spend $50 more for the HD 558s and use the "foam trick" to apparently upgrade them to HD 598s? Would the extra $50 be worth it for someone who mostly is just going to be playing computer games on them? I can afford the extra $50, but it would mean giving up something else like an extra game or night out.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I upgraded directly from one of those "HD PC" Sennheiser sets with the built in mics to 598s a few years ago and the difference really was night and day. I'm real into music but the soundstage of the 598s helps with footsteps and directional audio in games like CS and TF2. Don't know how close the mod gets you to that so I can't comment.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Midorka posted:

You might really like the Mad Dogs and if you wind up feeling the same after reading some reviews I've got a pair for sale.

Some research is telling me these need a lot of power. Any idea how well they'll pair with my Yamaha receiver? Or would I be better off with a dedicated headphone amp?

Also, I'm totally new to headphones and am unfamiliar with the concept of companies selling modified versions of other manufacturers' models. Is this a common practice? And what makes the Fostex T50RP so apt for modding?

El Kabong
Apr 14, 2004
-$10
I need some sub-$50, gym-friendly, durable earbuds. So far, the connection point between the wire and the every pair of earbuds i've owned has come loose and I'm getting tired it.

But, if the best option is to get some real cheapo ones that might need to be replaced every year, than what do you all prefer in that category?

El Kabong fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Apr 29, 2014

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

caiman posted:

Some research is telling me these need a lot of power. Any idea how well they'll pair with my Yamaha receiver? Or would I be better off with a dedicated headphone amp?

Also, I'm totally new to headphones and am unfamiliar with the concept of companies selling modified versions of other manufacturers' models. Is this a common practice? And what makes the Fostex T50RP so apt for modding?

I have no reason to suspect that your Yamaha receiver wouldn't aptly drive them. Also take Head-Fi's mentions of amps with a grain of salt. Many of them are too far wrapped up in nonsense. They are 50ohms and 98db efficient. Not the most efficient, but certainly not hard to drive. My Sansa Clip+ and Schiit Magni drive them fine. If you'd like I'll test them directly from laptop.

As for the T50rp/Mad Dogs, what makes them good for modding is that they are cheap with great drivers in them.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Any alternatives to Beats Studio Wireless? It's like $380 but... my JayBird BlueBuds haven't been cutting it, short battery life, short range, poor quality since it's SBC-only (checked with a bluetooth debugger, that's all it supports), and not nearly enough bass. The Beats support apt-X and AAC streaming so the quality won't be poo poo, the range is supposed to be better and the battery is much bigger. Pull the trigger?

Also the OP isn't really clear on the topic, should I buy Beats? loving everyone has them, even my mom has a pair. I also have poor taste in music and like bass, lots of bass, and that's hard to find, not to mention something with proper bluetooth support.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

NOTinuyasha posted:

The Beats support apt-X and AAC streaming so the quality won't be poo poo

Also the OP isn't really clear on the topic, should I buy Beats? loving everyone has them, even my mom has a pair. I also have poor taste in music and like bass, lots of bass, and that's hard to find, not to mention something with proper bluetooth support.

To answer the first section: None of those factors are keeping Beats from sounding incredibly overpriced. First off wireless streaming is susceptible to far too much interference and potential data loss to even be considered, at least for now, in a respectable hi-fi set-up. Secondly Beats heavily advertises, a lot of the MSRP is accounted for the name/brand recognition built by advertising.

To answer the second section: In most cases, no you should not buy Beats. As for why everyone has them, if life has taught you anything it should have been that if everybody has something it's likely crap. If the majority of people own something it's likely because of a huge advertising campaign, not because of quality.

Now if you want heavy bass and like how Beats look, then go for it, but I don't think that anyone here would agree with wireless or Beats being a good purchase.

Now I have a question for you: Why wouldn't any wireless headphone accept a stream using the apt-X or AAC codecs as long as your media player can? I'm not versed in wireless, I actively avoid them after demoing a few, but from my understanding you use whatever media player you want. Therefore whatever codecs your media player can play, then your headphones will receive the signal. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

Incredulous Dylan posted:

Storage is so cheap that I just obtain all my music in flac and then convert to MP3 for my phone, etc. Never know what will come around the corner for listening in the future and my collection is so big I would never go through the trouble of getting it all twice.

drat I never thought about this future codec aspect.

I was just curious when I asked. I have my music in V0, but like I said I normally just listen to it all on Google Music. Does anyone know what I'm listening to? I'm sure they do something to my V0 before it hits my ears.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Midorka posted:

Now I have a question for you: Why wouldn't any wireless headphone accept a stream using the apt-X or AAC codecs as long as your media player can? I'm not versed in wireless, I actively avoid them after demoing a few, but from my understanding you use whatever media player you want. Therefore whatever codecs your media player can play, then your headphones will receive the signal. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

You realize that there's a huge difference between pre-BT analog wireless headphones and Bluetooth, which is digital, right?

And you realize that there are different ways to arrange and compress the ones and zeros transmitted between the player and the headphones? I'm not talking about whatever compression your source files use -mp3, AAC, weird OGG, whatever.

There are several standards with varying levels of quality. Some make fidelity concessions to allow bandwidth for a mic. Some knock down the signal rate and thus the fidelity for better range, battery life or just lower cost.

APT-X is one of the more Hi-Fi modes.

So, I don't know when you tried a few old RF headphones and dismissed wireless as ever being a usable technology, but quality is improving and will continue to do so.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

NOTinuyasha posted:

Any alternatives to Beats Studio Wireless? It's like $380 but... my JayBird BlueBuds haven't been cutting it, short battery life, short range, poor quality since it's SBC-only (checked with a bluetooth debugger, that's all it supports), and not nearly enough bass. The Beats support apt-X and AAC streaming so the quality won't be poo poo, the range is supposed to be better and the battery is much bigger. Pull the trigger?

Beats are NOT bass heavy; they just sound like crap.

Here is a chart comparing the Beats to the Sennheiser HD650's (famous for being extremely balanced and great studio monitor headphones) and the V-Moda XS (real bass monsters). As you can see, the Beats headphones drop the gently caress off around 40Hz, so they sound terrible with bass-heavy music (and most other music, for that matter). Don't buy Beats.

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

eddiewalker posted:

So, I don't know when you tried a few old RF headphones and dismissed wireless as ever being a usable technology, but quality is improving and will continue to do so.

No I'm not in the know, but this sentence is enough for me to continue to dismiss it, that and the severely limited selection of quality headphones regardless of whether the technology can finally transmit without issues.

KillHour posted:

Beats are NOT bass heavy; they just sound like crap.

Here is a chart comparing the Beats to the Sennheiser HD650's (famous for being extremely balanced and great studio monitor headphones) and the V-Moda XS (real bass monsters). As you can see, the Beats headphones drop the gently caress off around 40Hz, so they sound terrible with bass-heavy music (and most other music, for that matter). Don't buy Beats.

Beats actually are HUGELY bass heavy. Go listen to the Beats Studios at an Apple store and tell me the bass isn't fatiguing. Looking at the chart is incredibly deceptive. It doesn't specify which model it is, as well as you chose the graph that suited your claim the best. There are other charts for Beats, none of which are useful anyway without knowing which they're referencing. This graph shows differently. Which Beats model is it? Who the hell knows as there are 2 entries already for solos and 3 for Monster Beats by Dre, 2 earphones 1 headphones.

Either way, no one in the world could listen to the Beats Studios and claim that they aren't hugely bassy. They actually don't even sound bad, the bass is just so overwhelmingly fatiguing that it's hard to listen for more than 5 minutes.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Midorka posted:

No I'm not in the know, but this sentence is enough for me to continue to dismiss it, that and the severely limited selection of quality headphones regardless of whether the technology can finally transmit without issues.

Beats actually are HUGELY bass heavy. Go listen to the Beats Studios at an Apple store and tell me the bass isn't fatiguing. Looking at the chart is incredibly deceptive. It doesn't specify which model it is, as well as you chose the graph that suited your claim the best. There are other charts for Beats, none of which are useful anyway without knowing which they're referencing. This graph shows differently. Which Beats model is it? Who the hell knows as there are 2 entries already for solos and 3 for Monster Beats by Dre, 2 earphones 1 headphones.

Either way, no one in the world could listen to the Beats Studios and claim that they aren't hugely bassy. They actually don't even sound bad, the bass is just so overwhelmingly fatiguing that it's hard to listen for more than 5 minutes.

See, when I listened to them, they didn't sound that bass heavy. I wasn't really listening to bass heavy music, though. Also, I didn't pick the one that suited my claim best, I picked that one without looking at the other two. :downs:

Edit: Also, I haven't tried any good wireless headphones, but I do use a bluetooth adapter from Monoprice to stream music from my phone to my (quite nice) stereo system, and it sounds fine. Obviously, Bluetooth is quite capable of good quality audio (which, being digital, there's no reason it shouldn't be). People on Head-Fi seem to like these:

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Bluetooth-Over-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B00H00OG7G

KillHour fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 29, 2014

Midorka
Jun 10, 2011

KillHour posted:

See, when I listened to them, they didn't sound that bass heavy. I wasn't really listening to bass heavy music, though. Also, I didn't pick the one that suited my claim best, I picked that one without looking at the other two. :downs:

Sorry for sounding aggressive, I didn't mean to. When I demod the Beats Studios the bass was so heavy/rattling, that my ears became super warm and uncomfortable in 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Midorka posted:

Sorry for sounding aggressive, I didn't mean to. When I demod the Beats Studios the bass was so heavy/rattling, that my ears became super warm and uncomfortable in 5 minutes.

I didn't try the studios, I think the ones I tried were the solos (hard to remember). I have a feeling each new "Beats" model is whatever Monster happens to have a ton of left-over drivers for, so there's probably not a ton in common between models.

Edit: I'm not sure why you need bluetooth, but would something like this work?

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-AT-PHA05BT-Bluetooth-Headphone-Amplifier/dp/B0065V9TXC

+

http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossf...da+crossfade+lp

KillHour fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 29, 2014