Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The hardest part is figuring out your own personal apex of comfort and sound signature. Also isolation if you want that.

The worst part is listening to stuff you really like and hearing all the flaws in the mastering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Springfield Fatts posted:

I don’t know what I’m doing!

Budget – Up to $300
Source – Phone, occasionally PS4
Isolation Requirements – Very important
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over-ear, Full Size, Circumaural
Preferred Tonal Balance - None
Past Headphones - Skullcandy IMEs
Preferred Music – I won’t notice the difference with the garbage I listen to

I’m currently using IMEs around 6 hours a day and my ear canals are killing me. I’d like to step up to a fully encompassing unit for comfort and above all isolation. Bluetooth would be nice as well.

ATH-M40X with ZMF oval cowhide earpads.
(since you emphasized comfort and isolation)

It's fifty USD for the earpads and whatever bargain you get the M40s for so you should have decent change.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Can't speak for strictly USB audio because I love me some self powered DAC/Amp combos but I have read that the Schiit Fulla 2 is pretty good and it has a volume knob.

http://schiit.com/products/fulla-2

Also the price is pretty nice if you don't need more power.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

dantheman650 posted:

How do DT -770s compare to M560s? I use the former at work and looking for a comfy closed back set to use at home for games and movies. I love the comfort of the DT770s and might just buy another pair for home but I'm always curious to try new things.

I haven't used either but I've read both are good. Maybe try the M560s for a different sound signature (plus planar are always fun if you want different) and see how you like them?

Flip a coin or see what the best deal is really. No bad choices.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I absolutely love Apple's earbuds (the regular wired ones) because I have terrible taste. Does anyone know if there's some sort of adapter that will let you use them with regular Windows PCs that have dual inputs for (Audio/Mic)?

Everything I can find has disclaimers that it isn't compatible with Apple Earbuds.

I'm willing to do some sort of USB adapter if necessary, bonus points if I can use the clicker to control volume/pause/play etc.

You could probably buy a splitter like this:
http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/avencore-4-pole-trrs-to-35mm-stereo-mic-splitter-cable-female-to-2x-male.htm

Never ordered from them but search for "3.5mm trss splitter" to find a supplier you like. Also I am assuming that your cable is one of those because Apple is super vague on tech specs that aren't "it works with this and that Apple device".

Also more power to you if you like the sound signature. Don't listen to anyone who tries to snob you because you like a thing which isn't a grand and made of titanium mined on Mars. If you enjoy [thing] then that's all that matters.

To be clear I don't think your in-line controls will work since that's all proprietary so you'll need to probably set up a keyboard hotkey per usual but the mike itself should work if you really want to use it instead of a separate solution.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jun 20, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NewFatMike posted:

Needs to be driven by his phone, not sure if that'll play well with the M1060

When I got my M1060 I was curious and tried driving them from a 6 year old Sony MP3 player that mostly lives forgotten in a drawer. Worked great.

I'm pretty sure a modern smartphone would have a DAC of equal or superior quality.

^EF;B

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NewFatMike posted:

If I'm loving the Monolith M560, think the M1060 is the better buy?

Not that I have cash on hand for either.

I've only heard the M1060 but I think it's a fantastic set of headphones for the money.

Wish I had the current second gen instead of my first gen though, just to get the 2.5mm instead of MMCX connectors, which are temperamental as gently caress. I had to resort to using needle nose pliars to warp and un-warp the connectors in order to secure the fit properly when I changed my cable for a balanced custom job.
(a common issue for any MMCX connectors apparently)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

codo27 posted:

Wanna get the girlfriend good IEMs for her birthday. She's between the bundled buds with her iPhone and the ones with my S7 right now. I'd like for them to be wireless. She listens to some music (radio type poo poo mainly) and a whole lot of podcasts and YouTube junk like that. This is on her phone and laptop. Isolation would be cool cause when we get moved in together soon she may wanna drown out my racket especially if I'm playing guitar. If I can score something around $100 that's great but I'd be willing to go up around $200 CAD.

I am not an IEM expert at all so can't give you any good advice but I'm thinking of something similar myself.

https://www.audiofly.com/shop/af100w/

Thing is I look at the battery life and think... yeah, nah.

If I want something like a good 8+ hour battery life then it's Sony XB or Beats... yeah, nah. Plus I really want the over ear thing.

So gently caress it. I'll wait until a better product comes along.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BurritoJustice posted:

Is it worth it to upgrade to HD6XX from AKG K7XX's? Other cans I have are AD900x and M50s. I listen to basically every genre that isn't country or hardcore, but mostly electronica/dance and rock.

The upgrade would definitely be to go from the AKGs to the Sennheisers so yes.
(corrected because I wrote a really bad sentence at first)

If you want sweet EDM/Synth headphones then consider an Audio Technica MSR7. Great treble and very tight bass with nice sub bass extension (not basshead cans mind you).
Should be in roughly the same price range.

If you don't mind spending a bit more get the Final Audio Sonorous IIIs for an actual legit upgrade that is also great value. Just bear in mind if you get those you'll probably want to spend extra on some ZMF Ori pads to achieve ungodly levels of comfort.
(stock pads are ok too I guess but I replaced them ASAP because of how they fit me personally)

This review is actually not hyperbole. It's that good and everything else I own is getting neglected.
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews2/final2/1.html

If you asked me to describe the sound signature I would say "More bass than my planars, mid range about equal with my HD600s and minor treble fall off, all within a very wide sound stage. Great imaging too."

Oh they're also so efficient that my ancient Sony MP3 player can drive them extremely well at about a quarter volume.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Jun 29, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

D1E posted:

Sorry man - I like you and totally agree with you about the Monoprice Monolith M1060's but 6moons is the shadiest audiophile bullshit website.

Oh the review is full of hard to read flowery bullshit, no question. But the headphones are pretty great.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm gonna have to sell a car or a couple of motorcycles to afford it. But at least then the wife AND I will be happier.

The amazon reviews though... :sad:
https://www.amazon.com/Final-Audio-Design-SONOROUS-Headphones/dp/B015JA4UNS

Yeah I was talking about the III. You linked the X which is five grand and has 2 joke reviews.

Here you go http://a.co/f3ITS2s

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Jun 30, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

catch22 posted:

I had a chance to get in on the Sennheiser 6XX and passed it up :( Do drops ever open back up?

Those aside I was thinking about X2's or maybe m1060s for my home theatre and some music, thoughts? I currently use Sennheiser RS160s and would like a wired option.

Yes, eventually. It depends on the whim of the manufacturer though so a time frame is guesswork.

Never heard X2s but people seem to like them. The M1060s are very fun & comfortable but weigh half a kilogram so posture becomes very important to avoid strain in long term all day listening sessions. I'm not joking when I say you should adopt a typing posture.

Honestly if you just got the 6XXs you wanted (or found a 600/650 for a good price) you'd probably be very happy with just that for a long time.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Chard posted:

Budget - ~$100, could go a little higher if there's a compelling reason
Source - PC only
Isolation Requirements - yes?
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over ear. I don't have normal earlobes so pressure there sucks
Preferred Tonal Balance - whatever helps boost my PUBG skills
Past Headphones - I've had a Logitech G930 for years, but the plastic on the boom mic finally snapped, and some wiring inside has come loose so I'm loosing the right ear. Frankly if there's not a better recommendation I'll just rebuy, I love these things.
Preferred Music - repetitive drug beats

Key point: I must have the ability to go wireless on the fly. I get up and walk around while listening to podcasts or while I'm queuing and want to keep that ability. I don't have a preference on connections, USB has always treated me just fine and I doubt I could tell the difference. I'd also prefer it to be an all-in-one set, rather than separate mic and headphones.

Either get another Logitech or a Corsair Void. Whichever has the most RBG.

To be honest no gaming headset is tuned for music so its best not to try and combine the two.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Jul 10, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

It's tough because this is the headphone thread, where we talk about good headphones, and gaming headsets are universally the worst possible headphones you can buy. It's sort of a whole other category of product that I and most other headphone enthusiasts don't understand at all. Someone should make a gaming headset megathread so I can stay the gently caress out of it forever.

Can someone explain this to me though? Why do gamers buy wildly overpriced, lovely sounding headsets festooned in blinking LEDs? What could possibly be the appeal of such a product?

Footsteps, explosions and team chat. That's all they're tuned for because that's all gamers want.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
They aren't as nicely priced but the ATH-MSR7s from that same lineup are pretty amazing. For sale prices though - don't pay full price for them.

Definitely not neutral though and if you raise them above normal listening volumes to rock out with the nice sub bass then the treble will kill you :v:

They went to a family member in the end but still have fond memories of them.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ntan1 posted:

Ok,

after a couple of months with the Audeze LCD3s I have to say that I really love these headphones. I am finding myself mostly using these over the HD800s, which I switch in for piano, classical, and orchestral music.

Is the headband plush on the LCD? Odd question I realize but I'm all about soft cushions on the bits that touch my head.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ntan1 posted:

The cushions are very very soft (same leather as the pads) and plush in my opinion, but the actual headband isn't very thick.

Good to know, thanks. I don't care about weight but I do care about cushioning.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TyrantWD posted:

I received my HD650s, and they have mostly been great, but the clamp force is making them quite uncomfortable - to the point where I am considering returning them. Is there something of similar quality, but more comfortable? I am coming from a pair of DT770s, which have been extremely comfortable - to the point where I often forget I am wearing them an hour after I've stopped listening to something. I'd have stuck with the beyerdynamic for the comfort, but the 880 and 990 seem like they would be more of a sidegrade, while the DT1990 is almost double the price of the HD650.

Would the Fidelio X2 be more comfortable than the HD650? I tried to bend back the mettle part of the headband on the HD650, and comfort wise it went from a 2/10 to a 6/10 - so a definite improvement, but not on the level of my 770s (which I would rank as a 9.5/10 om comfort).

edit: If I were prepared to step up in price, would something like the DT1990 or Amiron Home be a good purchase? The HD700 is cheaper, but from what I've read clamps as much if not more than the 650.

How do you feel about treble? Beyerdynamics are generally comfy as hell but the Amirons have similar frequency response to a more well behaved DT990.

(which is something I should maybe look into one day because I loved the DT990 but couldn't live with them because the treble was skull piercing if you turned the volume up)

Alternatively, for free, you can loosen the HD600 series clamp a ton by very carefully bending the fully extended only metal bands right in the middle. DO NOT put any stress on the plastic part of the headband or the cups.
I did this to my 600s and they went from a skull vice to a soft relaxing gentle cushion.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 18, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

if any gamery type people are looking for a dac/amp, mayflower is coming out with this thing: https://www.mayflowerelectronics.com/shop/mayflower-custom-products/arc/

which looks like the supreme combo for neckbeards who stick modmics on their HD650s.

Not with that output impedence and only a single watt at max.

Be pretty great with more modern & efficient stuff though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Another Poster posted:

Looking for recommendation for some comfortable headphones. I've been testing out the QC35 at Bestbuy and drat that thing is so drat comfy. Is there any cheaper alternative that is as comfortable? Doesn't need noise cancellation or bluetooth.
I have a Beats Solo and a Sennheiser HD280 Pro and neither are very comfy.

Try a closed back Sennheiser 471 or 569. Both should have good earcups and comfort right out of the box for fairly reasonable money.

Both are wired and have zero ANC.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

I just finally bought a proper DAC/amp to maybe replace my SoundblasterX G5, an Onkyo HA200. It works no problem on my PC, and for a while works no problem on my PS4 when connected by USB, but about half an hour into using it each time, it starts getting weird digital noise, which stops if I disconnect and reconnect it. I don't know where the problem is exactly and the PS4's support of USB DACs is barely documented, but does anyone know anything?

I could connect it by optical instead but that's one more cable, that's all.

If it's PS4 specific then I don't have a clue - try hunting around in some PS4 hardware forums in case other people have had similar issues. Might be a bad USB port (they have multiple right? are there others you could try?) or perhaps a firmware update.

Also does it happen with just the one game/app or all the time? Might be specific software.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've heard it happen in two different games, but not so far when using Spotify.

Also, speaking of firmware updates, despite the paper manual saying to check Onkyo's site for some, I can not find any. The product page has no support info and the support page does not seem to have anything but a PDF manual for this model.

This thing sure sounds sweet though. I am told it's almost the same internally as TEAC's that looks the same on the outside.

Give this link a go http://www.intl.onkyo.com/support/firmware/index.html

Hopefully one of those strings of numbers will correspond to what you have.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

I see the DAC-HA300 there, which is 3x as expensive as this one. Oh well.

It wouldn't surprise me if the DACs are the same and the amps are what differentiates them.

Disclaimer: I don't know Onkyo internals for poo poo and for all I know they all run off unicorn farts of differing colors.

Might be worth seeing if there is a PS4 firmware update first if you haven't tried that already.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

No way am I gonna risk bricking this thing by trying to install firmware meant for another model on it.

I'm always up to date on the PS4's firmware. The issue, as always, is that all talk on the internet about the USB audio support for the PS4 is just speculation. Maybe you'll remember before that I swore the sound blaster sounded different when connected by USB vs. optical, and I had to give up on wondering why they should be different and just trust my ears that optical sounded better.

Ah if the audio support isn't concrete over USB you'll need to go the optical route then. Bugger.

You could also go the excessively complicated way and toss a whole receiver in there and start to split things off but at that point I think it's too much effort for console audio.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Edmond Dantes posted:

I've had a pair of HD 555's for a good couple of years now, and while I'm still happy with the sound quality, the padding has been squished to hell. Is there any reason I'd want to get 'official' replacement pads, or should I just go to ebay and grab some off brand ones? (these ones have the headband part as well).

I'd recommend the official sennheiser ear pads. Other headphone brands might take well to pad rolling but sennheisers are a lot more picky. Your call though.

No harm in experimenting so long as you don't mind potentially regretting it later.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Edmond Dantes posted:

Yeah, fair enough. Kinda lovely that the official ones don't come with the headband part though. :(

Is the headband padding even removable on the 500 series?

Worst case just order replacement headband padding for the HD600 or 650, tear off the old headband padding and glue the new stuff on. Or wrap in some soft wool you have handy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

well why not posted:

Potentially dumb question:

I leave my m50s plugged into the front of my soundcard, so they're always getting signal, even if I'm listening through my monitors. Would this damage/wear them out over time? Should I unplug 'em?

Possibly damage them. Depends on what you have the volume set to on your monitors.

If you have the volume constant and are just adjusting the knob on your speakers specifically then I imagine your headphones are fine. If you're cranking the windows volume to max and adjusting your speakers from there then yes headphone damage may ensue because they're blasting at 100%.

Simple test: Put your headphones on while listening to your monitors. Are they eardrum melting or normal listening volume? If the latter then you have nothing to worry about and they will last practically forever at normal listening levels.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dogen posted:

598 Cs?

On this topic it appears the HD569 is very good value https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JLoqJjnQMs

I'm not in the market since I spent stupid money on fancy pants closed backs but perhaps if I'd bought HD569s I might not have done that, since they tick all the essential boxes on my list.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Garrand posted:

Kind of an odd question, but do different wireless headsets have better...I guess wireless capabilities than others?

I bought a pair of logitech G930 wireless headphones during the last black friday sale. They worked ok when I lived at home where I was relatively isolated from other people, although I did have to disable the 2.4GHz wireless on the router in my room to keep it from periodically cutting out. Now I live in an apartment and they're basically useless because it's constantly losing the signal to the dongle.

I have a wired pair that I can use but I frequently have to get up to take care of things and it's nice not to have to put down my headset and exit the conversation in order to do so.

Primary usage is gaming / chatting with friends and listening to music (mostly metal, interspersed with basically every other genre, if this helps). Sound quality is of moderate importance but not terribly so and honestly I'm willing to drop some cash in order to pick up something that's better if it's worth it.

Technically yes. That being said your signal shouldn't be cutting out for any reason unless you're wandering out of range or you have local interference and if that's your modem then poo poo. No idea how you fix that.

If wireless is mission critical, have you considered something using Bluetooth so you can just pair it and skip the whole dongle aspect?

I recently ordered these https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/collections/earphones/products/blu-delta-bluetooth-earphones but I can't comment until I get them, probably in a month or so. (who cares how they sound, 8 hours battery life and they come with foam tips!)

Never buying gaming headsets ever again, even though I've used them heaps in my time. The cheap arse consumer stuff offers the same now and frankly it's probably better for less too.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 31, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

What's killing me now is the Hxx for $170
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-hifiman-he4xx-planar-magnetic-headphones

I just dropped $200 on the 6XX and I'm trying to pick up another turntable this evening and buy a house, and the wife's bday was this past weekend, and so on... So for the next couple paychecks I'm pmuch broke. :sigh:

The measurements of the prototype HE4XX by Tyll are interesting

https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/massdrop-x-hifiman-he4xx-planar-magnetic-headphones

Looks pretty reasonable for under $200 and planar.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Not going to bother linking the URL because I really doubt anyone would want to pay the asking price (unless you really have no use for two grand just laying around) but Sony Z1Rs are now on Massdrop too.

Kind of strange seeing the flagship model from a Large Japanese Company on what amounts to a discount website :psyduck:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

drat NIGGA posted:

Let's Talk Headphones IV: Stupid sexy Sennheisers

I want to do a write up on my hd600s and the Little Dot Mk2. yall with 600s-650s need to invest in tubes.

Try your HD600s off a balanced output solid state using an XLR cable :toot:

Man those headphones scale well.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

D1E posted:

Please tell me this isn't a serious post.

Don't forget to replace all your cables with 99% pure silver ones, conveniently forgetting that everything is wired internally using the cheapest copper available on the planet.

Actually this is a great time to link this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWb2yxWx8YA&t=201s

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Aug 5, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
On ear headphones are torture devices and their proponents are sadists :colbert:

(If I couldn't wear over ear I'd stick to IEMs, but you do you)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
No experience yet using bluetooth IEMs but if I was going to focus on anything it would be battery life first. Doesn't matter how comfortable they are or what the sound is like if they're not usable when I want them.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Passive aggressive solution: buy an RGB gamer headset and set it to strobe through all available colors as fast as possible.

In fact do the same with your workstation keyboard & mouse.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

metztli posted:

I might do the worst form of revenge: I will sing along with my music. I may lack any training, natural talent, and not know what a key is, but I can make up for it with volume, endurance, and a shrillness that brings all the bats to the yard. The only problem with that would be the innocent bystanders. War is hell.

Hey now, make sure you're wearing open planars (M1060s leak like nothing else) so everyone else can sing along too.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

wooger posted:

OK, I bought some plantronics backbeat fit sports headphones a couple of months ago, and they're ideal for running: let in a bit of outside noise for safety, good and predictable battery life, fast charging, perfect Bluetooth pairing and range.

I now want to upgrade my office headphones, and maybe cover the occasional commute & plane travel.
I mainly listen via iPhone, presently use Sennheiser HD25.

I need isolation, no sound leakage, and I'm definitely thinking about active noise cancellation - though don't truly need it.

Only interested in bluetooth capable, full size over ear headphones. Listen to everything, metal, hip hop, jazz, and lots of podcasts and audiobooks.

Budget is up to about £200, with a bit of flexibility, and I'm in the U.K., so prices are.. odd.

My shortlist right now is:
Plantronics backbeat pro 2 - £180
Sennheiser PXC 550 - £200 via their refurb outlet store
Sony MDR-1000x - £190 via Sony centre refurbished.
Bose qc35 is a little out of budget at £260 ish.

Any of these an obvious choice? Anything comparable that I've missed?
I slightly favour the Plantronics right now as I am so impressed with the Bluetooth performance of my backbeat fits, but open to anything.

What does a JBL Everest Elite 700 cost in the UK?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

wooger posted:

£190 - £200

That would be my vote frankly.

From my admittedly passing in a store glance it seemed to have pretty decent ear holes that looked comfier than most and it has all the features you want. Cheaper doesn't mean worse.

(you can always mail order some Mee Audio Matrix 3s if you want a lower price)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I recently (today) got my first ever bluetooth audio whatsit IEMs in the mail. Went cheap. Brainwavz Blu-Delta 4.1s.

They're pretty great actually. Chi-fi best fi. Also has all those acronyms people were talking about with regards to headset requirements on this page.

Describe them? Uh, ok. Sound reasonably balanced with very punchy bass (especially if you use the optional foam tips). 8 hours battery life which I think is decent considering the size. Imaging seems very acceptable. Sound stage is narrow but any HD600 enthusiast won't mind that.
Probably the most comfy IEMs I've used for a long time. You'll want the foam tips in IMO.

Negatives? The control box whatsit with the controls & microphone is right centric. Good if you want to use it as a microphone I suppose (disabled that immediately in windows) but I just want to listen to music so it upsets the weight distribution slightly. Not a deal breaker though since it can sit on the back of my neck anyway.

Also being wireless you can hear the noise floor hiss if music isn't playing. Impossible to notice with it going though. Technically works at advertised 10m range & even through walls but you'll want to be closer to avoid skipping.

Pretty sure you can find better but for the price I'm quite happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

wooger posted:

I've not been able to work out online if these support the AAC codec that iPhones use.

Don't have an iPhone but I did find this spec sheet http://www.jbl.com/bluetooth-headphones/EVEREST+700+ELITE.html

Failing that the Mee Audio Matrix 3s definitely have aptX and AAC listed so maybe they would work better? http://www.meeaudio.com/Matrix3/