Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Dumb question incoming: I used to own a pair of ATH-M30’s that I loved and lasted me a long time.

But eventually they started to break apart and I decided to upgrade. Now I’m looking at the M50X’s and can’t decide between the Bluetooth version or regular, for one one single reason: Does the Bluetooth version suffer from inferior audio quality when plugged in due to them being adapted to use wireless technology? As in, will the wired-only ones provide superior sound because it’s direct from source to headphone, with nothing in between to degrade fidelity?

I think having Bluetooth would be useful for watching YouTube videos, etc., but if having the tech shoved in there negatively affects wired performance, then I’d rather not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Hmm, yeah I never noticed sync issues when I’d watch YouTube videos or movies on Prime with my Anker Bluetooth earbuds.

Comboomer brought up a good point, though. I feel like I’d be wasting money on something that’ll eventually stop working long before the headphones themselves do. And I just realized I have to buy a patented Steve Jobs Dongle to plug it into my iPhone, which adds another $10 to a product I’m already iffy on.

I’m gonna go ahead and get the regular wired ones. I think they’re the better deal in the long run. Thanks guys.

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007

njsykora posted:

Something to bear in mind with wireless over-ear headphones is that most of them now have an aux port so they can be used wired as well, so long term battery life is less of a concern than with wireless earbuds. So when the battery shits itself you can still use them.

Sure, but I want the complete package to last me 7+ years like my M40’s did rather than one part failing at roughly 2 to 3 while the other works fine, you know what I mean?

Those extra 30 bucks could go towards another pair of Anker earbuds when mine eventually die, and they’re more practical for day-to-day.

Yeah, I agree with you. As lovely as it is for the environment, I consider my Ankers to be disposable and good enough for things that aren’t movies, music, etc. I figure that I’m willing to pay a premium for superior music listening, but not for YouTube and audiobooks.

I can’t even fork over the money for Apple’s Bluetooth stuff, though I also think highly of them (half my tech is Apple). The puny batteries in Bluetooth earbuds aren’t worth such a high price, for me at least.