Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Hi all, looking for wireless on ear headphones to wear for a few hours a day at work. Wireless is highly preferred as I'd like to be able to get up and move around my office.

Budget - $200 or less on amazon (giftcards), preferably around $100.
Source - Primarily PC/laptop, but maybe my pixel 2 or iPad or something if I'm traveling
Isolation Requirements - I don't think I have a preference?
Preferred Type of Headphone - On ear
Preferred Tonal Balance - Balanced or Warm
Past Headphones - A bunch of cheap in-ears, an old sennheiser RS120(?) RF headphones that stopped working (also the ear pads made my ears warm)
Preferred Media - metal, podcasts, classic rock, youtube videos

If I can get something comfy that will hold up decently well for cheap I'm willing to sacrifice on sound quality. As an example I'd rather buy a $50 pair that's the same comfort and relative durability as a $150+ pair that sounds slightly better.

On the other hand, if there is a no-brainer pick for what I'm looking at I'm willing to spend a moderate amount on it if it's going to hold up well.

Bonus points for a microphone that I could use for the occasional skype/goto meeting/whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

dreesemonkey posted:

Hi all, looking for wireless on ear headphones to wear for a few hours a day at work. Wireless is highly preferred as I'd like to be able to get up and move around my office.

Budget - $200 or less on amazon (giftcards), preferably around $100.
Source - Primarily PC/laptop, but maybe my pixel 2 or iPad or something if I'm traveling
Isolation Requirements - I don't think I have a preference?
Preferred Type of Headphone - On ear
Preferred Tonal Balance - Balanced or Warm
Past Headphones - A bunch of cheap in-ears, an old sennheiser RS120(?) RF headphones that stopped working (also the ear pads made my ears warm)
Preferred Media - metal, podcasts, classic rock, youtube videos

If I can get something comfy that will hold up decently well for cheap I'm willing to sacrifice on sound quality. As an example I'd rather buy a $50 pair that's the same comfort and relative durability as a $150+ pair that sounds slightly better.

On the other hand, if there is a no-brainer pick for what I'm looking at I'm willing to spend a moderate amount on it if it's going to hold up well.

Bonus points for a microphone that I could use for the occasional skype/goto meeting/whatever

To answer my own question, I ended up buying the Sennheiser HD4.40 since I was fairly familiar with sennheiser products previously. It's a $100 bluetooth over-ear headphone (I was asking incorrectly for on-ear - my bad). The construction/fit and finish seems to be good. It sounds fine/good enough for me (I'm not really picky), but the headband doesn't have much cushioning so I don't find it very comfortable for extended wear. The comfort on the ears is good, it's just the head band. Luckily I don't feel the need to "escape" and wear them very often in my new office, but at that point, I probably just should not have bought them at all.