Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm split between the Bowers & Wilkins P7, and the Bang and Olufsen H6.

Primary use would be a split between music that's bass heavy, movies, and gaming. The H6 sounds like it wins out on comfort and better overall soundstage, but I hear it's weak on bass.

Anyone recommend one over the other, or if there's another set that's worth greater attention at under $500 CAD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I've been on the lookout for a decent wireless headphone to splurge on, and just noticed the B&O Play H8 Wireless on "sale" on the Air Miles dream rewards:

Air Miles is a loyalty program in Canada that pissed off a lot of people last year when their point rewards dated over five years were set to expire, but the expiry was canned at the last minute AFTER people panic spent their miles on stuff they didn't need for fear of use it or lose it. The company seems to be preparing to make up for losses by devaluing the mile value going into 2017.

The mile value varies, but for merchandise, it's generally 10.5 cents, so at 4525, I'm redeeming it for a rough value of $475.13 CAD.

Seems to be a decent deal, unless I'm missing something about the H8 not being a worthwhile pick up even with cost not being an issue?

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Anyone familiar with Audio Technica's warranty in Canada, which requires you send your headphones to JAM Industries in Quebec?

The arm on my ATH-M50x popped out of its socket, and pulled a bit of the wire with it. While the headphone still works without issue, the wire is getting increasingly stressed/exposed.

I've sent a Return Authorization Request, and they've given me a slip back, with the reply:

quote:

We will inspect the headphones and if it’s determine the damages isn’t covered under warrant we will advise on an estimate before we do anything.

Our labor cost is 65$/hr (+taxe) plus the cost of what the part is. If it’s under warranty, the repair and return shipping will be covered.

How lenient is their warranty? I'm wary that I'll be paying S&H to ship it, only to eventually be told "Nope, warranty won't cover this. That'll be $100, plus labour, parts, and return shipping, if you want it back." If that's the case, I'd be better off not sending it at all.

Here's how bad it looks:

http://imgur.com/a/NEPhK

I've tried to hold the wire in place with putty, but the arms still continues to pop off from time to time, pulling the wire.

M. Propagandalf
Aug 9, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I was able to snag the 6xx for under a $180 back during Black Friday - haven't had the chance to use a DAC/AMP with it yet, but my laptop feeds it enough power that I've been pleased with it so far using it alone.

That said, B-Stock Sundara is on sale for $209 on HiFiMan's site - I'm working abroad at the moment where I can't get the chance to demo it anytime soon, but I can still get them shipped to me.

Anyone find it worthwhile to own both? I've read enough to know the sound signatures on both are slightly different, with the edge given to the Sundara for soundstage and bass. But everything leads me to believe the Sundara's won't match the longevity of the 6xx and somewhere down the road, I'll have to rely back on the 6xx if I don't plan to replace the Sundara.