Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

actually yknow what people need to own KPH30i and I'm gonna post about it

they sound better than literally anything else under $50 except maybe BLON 03s, and those are a whole other thing. They're absurdly comfortable, they weigh nothing and they cost $25. They have a lifetime warranty. They're the people's headphone.

I was looking for something to replace my headphones I use for my work laptop, and this would fit the bill except I hate in-line volume control and poo poo. I see they make a KPH8 without it, but it has less hertz and less ohms. I know what the hertz are, but I don't know what ohms mean.

Anyway, my needs are:
Budget - Less than $100, preferably less than $50.
Source - Laptop
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over or on the ear
Use: Work stuff. Meetings, and watching YouTube videos to pretend I know how to do my job.
Want: No in-line volume controls or fancy crap like this. Wired connection (1/8th inch or whatever a normal jack is called). Comfortable enough to wear for hours. Portability might be nice if I continue to use this whenever I eventually go back to the office.

Very broad needs, I know, but I figured asking goons was better than a complete shot in the dark, since Target is selling $50 headphones I know I used to see at FYE for $20 ten years ago right next to $350 stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU