Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is the only difference between the MEElectronics M6P's and M6's the mic on the former?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Faber posted:

What is this thread's opinion on Superlux headphones, particularly the Superlux HD681B? Everytime someone asks me what to buy with little money I recommend them those, but I don't know whether there are good alternatives in the same price range.

I have one and they're a pretty good value but the default pads are pretty uncomfortable. I replaced them with velour pads intended for the AKG-271 (or maybe 701's?) off of ebay and I'm really satisfied with them.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Any recommendations for headphone stands that aren't $50 and don't have BRAINWAVZ in gigantic block letters?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Ordered my piston from boat2014 on June 15th and finally got them today (New York). USPS somehow managed to spill coffee all over it, but everything was dry and fine inside.

Sounds great and controls work fine. My only complaint is that the ear tips run a bit on the small side (even the large one feels a bit loose to me) but I have plenty of tips from other IEMS. Cable running up to remote it fine, but from the remote to the drivers, it's definitely not as durable. Still, I'd recommend it.

E: After comparing it with some other IEMs, I really like the sound and fit on the Brainwaz S1's more, but for $24 you really can't go wrong with the Pistons.

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 7, 2014

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Just got a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X's in today and I'm pretty satisfied with them. Have a pair of the 700's which I love and these are pretty much an improvement in every way. Didn't seem to have any issues driving them straight from my laptop, and I have a FiiO E11 that works well with it if it ever becomes an issue. I read in some reviews that people complained about the fit, but it's perfectly fine for me (though a bit tighter than the 700s but this is not necessarily a bad thing because those were a bit loose). Maybe my head is just shaped weird. The wings seems a bit flimsier, which I've heard is attributed to changing plants from Japan to China, but it doesn't affect the comfort or fit at all so that's really just splitting hairs. Highly recommended.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

grack posted:

No, the Superlux are genuinely very good sounding headphones. Not particularly comfortable for long periods, mind you, but very good sounding.

I replaced the pads on mine with velour pads intended for akg 701s and it really goes a long way in increasing comfort.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
All right, I haven't gotten a new set of headphones since the Audio Technica AD-900s a few years ago so I guess I'll try out the M1060s

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Badfinger posted:

Does anyone have recommendations for a reasonable but reasonably inexpensive amp? I think one might be useful for me. I got a pair of HD598s about a month ago and I love the sound quality on them, but other people listening to the same things as me are literally hearing things I'm not hearing. Specifically in games, other people are picking up incidental noises (footsteps, etc) I'm not, from further away. Combined with the first time I've really used open back headphones and now I'm hearing the room, the dogs downstairs, the wind outside, et al, that's an issue. I swapped back to the old closed headset and I could concentrate more and heard a higher number of sounds at the cost of fidelity and hearing literally anything that wasn't 5 feet away from me, which is the reason I got open back.

Been trying to do my due diligence in the thread, but I didn't see any amp recommendations, only what amping does and if it might be worth using. I'm also open to suggestions about balancing the sound better without buying anything; I literally just plugged them in and set the volume without tweaking anything else. I'm trying to figure out what might be causing that to happen, up to and including that my ears might just suck.

Additionally, I saw a page or two back that someone suggested the ATH-M40x headphones are better in every way than the M50x. I was thinking about getting a pair of reference closed back headphones for the times when I don't need to hear the rest of the house. Why are the 40s so much better?

http://schiit.com/products/fulla-2 I hear very good things about this

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I got the m1060s in today and I've only had an hour to test them out but I'm very satisfied with it. Powered adequately by my laptop ((though I'll still try it out later with my FiiO E11), gets a bit warm but it was a high of 90 today so that was probably a factor. The band does feel a bit fragile but the cups are solid.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Massdrop lowered the price of the HD6xx back down to $200 :siren:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx?mode=guest_open

I snagged myself a pair this go round. They won't be here till Christmas, but gently caress it. I've got plenty enough to keep me busy till then anyway. I still haven't even broken in my last $200 pair of headphones.

I just got a pair of M1060's last month but this is tempting... how different are their sound signatures? The only amp I have is an old Fiio E11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I've had a pair since last june and I think they're pretty great but I was coming from an audio technica AD-900