Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I'm planning on picking up my a pair of wireless headphones for my dad for Father's Day, since he was complaining about the cord getting in the way when he was doing some yard work. Preferably something in the $100-$150 range. I didn't see much in the line of specifics for them in the OP so I thought I'd ask if the thread had any general recommendations.

He's no audiophile, but does have some preference for better sounding music. But he does mostly listen to stuff of his ipod that was ripped through itunes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Hey Goons

I've currently got a pair of Astro A50's that work great (battery life is going down, but I've had them for years with regular, daily use), but the microphone on it has turned to poo poo. It's one of those silly swing-up-to-mute things, and while the cans still work fine, the goddamn microphone falls down constantly and doesn't sit in a unusable position when it's down. So I'm looking to replace it in the near future. I'm looking for something that is wireless, circumnaural, fancy surround poo poo preferable, and has a not poo poo boom mic, preferably one that detaches, so it's not in the way when I'm just listening to music or whatever. If such a thing doesn't exist, I'll take a solid set of cans that I use for listening and just buy myself a half way proper microphone, like I've been intending to do. Budget wise I've got my tax refund to treat myself, so a $200~$300ish pretty reasonable.

Thanks in advance guys.

E: And if wireless like this isn't feasible, then I'll have to go wired, but with my dogs wireless anything is always better.

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 30, 2020