Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cigani
Sep 26, 2009

by Fistgrrl
I read as much as I could before I got bored.

I have my headphones in for 12-16 hours a day in my lab. The lab has a constant hmmmmmmmmmmmm sound. Like a big fridge, actually a lot of big fridges. So let me try you'are template.

Budget: Cheap as possible, sound quality doesnt matter.
Noise cancelation: I dont care too much as long as I can turn them up loud enough to tune out "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Source: My IphonE
The Only Thing I care About : Being able to wear them for like 12-16 hours a day without my ear feeling like agony. Currently im using the Iphone earbud things and the pain is pretty insane. Occasionally I accidently tug on the cable and it almost brings me to tears. I don't want big dorky cans or whatever they're called because that is embarrassing to be seen wearing. So what do you recommend for someone who doesnt care at all about sound quality, but wants headphones that I can put into my ear that will drown out the constant humming of nitrogen tanks, fume hoods, and the warning sirens of low air flow from the latter?

Thank you kindly for your advices.

e; if it matters all I listen to all day is mindless early 90's uplifting trance to drown out the knowledge that I am human garbage.

I read more words because I like re-reading my own posts a few dozen times because I'm a self conceited narcissist and often times fail to put papers up to publish in time because I'm so busy masterbating to my own writting as I have nothing else to live for. This brings me to my follow up. Are there any good wireless earbuds that I could use. Getting my headphone cable tangled into an erly flask and knocking over a bunch of chloroform is cool but the smell has started to get old and the headaches are starting to last several days instead of hours now. Thanks kindly again for your advices and I hope my posting is to format.

cigani fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Aug 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cigani
Sep 26, 2009

by Fistgrrl

grack posted:

dB Logic EP-100 with Shure foam tips. Cheap, very small, very comfortable.

http://www.amazon.com/dB-Logic-EP-100-Earbud-Headphones/dp/B004GV49L0

Are these them? The reviews say they are not very loud. Will they be loud enough to overcome to sound of a defective nitrogen valve going pssssst really loud constantly? Thanks Kindly For your Advices so far. Also what are Shure Foam Tips. Do the one's I linked have Shure Foam Tips? If not. Where do I get. Shure Foam Tips.

quote:

Are you just blasting the sound to drown out the background noise? I think just switching to any IEM will help a lot, they'll block out some noise on their own without any sound (like earplugs basically) so you won't have to go as high on volume. Fit might be an issue though since ultimately you'll have something jammed in your ear all day, if whatever included tips don't feel good there's aftermarket ones as well.

Yes. I don't want to have to go to an earologist to get my ears fitted. I just want them to be comfortable. Do they make headphones out of tempurpedic foam?

cigani
Sep 26, 2009

by Fistgrrl

grack posted:

The headphones I mentioned about plus these - http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EABKF1-...shure+foam+tips

It's self-expanding foam, you compress it with your fingers, put it in your ears and it expands to fill the ear canal. Kind of like foam ear plugs, but you can listen to music through these. The passive noise isolation should be more than enough to drown out the background at moderate listening volumes.

Thanks to you. Youve been very helpful to me in this process. When they invent a good pair of wireless headphones that can last 12-16 hours on a charge please post that in this thread thanks.

sHould I get large medium or small. My ears are average sized. But I am a male. I dont think my ear passage is above normal or less than normal. So medium?

cigani
Sep 26, 2009

by Fistgrrl
If I took a picture of my ear canal would this help you decide what size I should buy? I can put a needle in the picture for size comparison.

cigani
Sep 26, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Ultimate Mango posted:

They used to sell a set with a small, medium, and large so you could try them all for a decent price rather than buying multiple pairs that may not fit. That or just get medium.

This would be very useful for my current situations regarding the purchase of the Shure Foam Ear Plug. I would buy them off a store like EBay as I am sure they have them in Medium, Small, and Large packages. But using used ones seems unhygienic. Thanks much for all the helpful advices so far.