Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Need some advice on noice cancellation.

I'm looking for somewhat affordable($70-120) in-ear Bluetooth with ANC to use at work. Sound quality isn't that important in regards to music as I mostly listen to podcasts or audiobooks while I work. The point being that I use power tools so there's noise I normally use PPE to get rid of but I'd like to know if there's any good option so I dont have to carry ear protection with me all the time.

There is ofc Bluetooth PPE but I don't want to look like a complete dork using it going about daily business.

Currently using Haylou gt1 I bought at AliExpress and they're good enough sound quality but they're quickly losing their juice now. My phone sadly only has SBC codec even though it's a snapdragon so preferably that though I guess I could mess about with files to enable aptx if there's something worthwhile.

Been looking at Phiaton Curve BT 120 NC and Plantronics Backbeat GO 410, does anyone have any opinion or suggestions to consider before I buy?

fanfic insert fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 21, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
To clarify, it's not really to replace PPE, it's not super loud stuff where PPE is necessary but I use it when it makes the podcast/audiobook just annoyingly difficult to hear, it's a whisk for plaster. It's just a comfort thing rather than safety thing.

I'm aware they don't protect from the dangerous sound levels, I just don't want to up my volume to bad levels in order to drown out the stuff that isn't bad levels.

fanfic insert fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 21, 2020

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Wheeee posted:

You're looking for Etymotics, .

Personal preference is a bitch, but your own tastes aside, Etymotic IEMs are exactly what you need for your use case.

Those actually seem great, shame the ones you linked aren't bluetooth and those that are are crazy expensive. But I can live with a cable I guess since most the other boxes are ticked.

The non bluetooth ones going to be at the least 180 inc shipping/tax so I'm going to grovel some to my boss maybe they'll pay for (some of) it.

Thanks a lot!