Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Looking to grab some wireless earbuds, and they all advertise 5-6 hour battery life between charges. I want to use them at work, so they'd need to be charged at some point during, so my question is - can I listen to one headphone while the other charges, or do they both "turn off" when they're placed in the charger? Or would this depend on the brand?

Trying to find this specific information has been difficult so far, so I was hoping someone with some experience could let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

space marine todd posted:

These buds have 15 hour battery life and apparently decent sound quality:

https://www.engadget.com/2019-12-20-audio-technica-ath-cks5tw-true-wireless-earbuds-review.html

Otherwise you can always keep two pairs with you and switch out when they run out of battery life? I would go crazy just listening to one earbud, but I know that's a personal preference.

Thats a good battery life, but they cost more than double of the ones I'm looking at grabbing (I'm wanting to spend under $100 Canadian). I have to be able to have one ear free when at work, so one headphone at a time is all I can do.

MarcusSA posted:

Might depend on the brand.

Apple you can do that and 99% sure the beats pros can as well.

Guy at work has the Samsung ones and I swear I’ve seen him just use a single one to listen to stuff.

alright, thanks for the info.

Fashionable Jorts fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 31, 2020

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I was wondering if someone could give me a recommendation for something a little bit specific. I'm looking to finally upgrade my old over-the-ear headphones for my pc, and am looking to get some nice wireless ones, around $100-$150. I don't need a built in microphone or noise-cancelling features.

Now, the strange demand for the headphones; they have to be comfortable with only one side on my ear sometimes. I know I could get in-ear buds (I already have some), but I'm looking for the sound that over-ear headphones have.

I feel like this is really a per-person case for what is comfortable and what isn't, but I would imagine something that allows for adjustment and flexibility would be nice. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I ended up buying Audio Technica ATH-SR30BT, they have pretty nice sound compared to everything I already own, and fit nice

Fashionable Jorts fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 1, 2021

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Rusty posted:

For PC only and wireless, I really love the Corsair Virtuoso. The ones I bought are all aluminum, no plastic and work with standard stereo cable, USB-C or wireless. They have a mic but you can detach it which is the main reason I went with them. It works great. I think the only thing that annoys me is to get sidetone without latency, you have to use the mic it comes with. Windows for some reason adds some latency when using a secondary mic. It isn't related to the headset, seems just like a windows thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JCX68VZ/

These are what I bough, I got them for $179 I think, you can get the same ones without the aluminum build for $150 I believe.

Oof, the import fees to canada are pretty rough and I cant find any locally. Thanks anyway, those look pretty nice.