Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starpluck
Sep 11, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Budget - $300
Source - Computer/laptop and mobile. I have the FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier
Isolation Requirements- Do you need isolation? Sure
Preferred Type of Headphone - Over ear
Preferred Tonal Balance - Would you prefer bass heavy headphones? Maybe one focused on vocals? Maybe balanced? Let us know. Balance, though I suppose some bass would be nice on the occasion I listen to music. I like what the bass can produce when I turn on the Bass feature for my Fiio DAC/AMP.
Past Headphones- Audio-Technica's ATH-M50. Dog chewed up the cable so I am using my lovely PS4 headset as I have no other sound.
Preferred Music - General. Sometimes EDM (but not frequent, quite rare), and guided mediation tracks. Most of my headphone usage is just so I can have sound for my PC. 90% of it is just for general sound, like watching videos if that make sense.

The guided mediation tracks are one of the reasons why I have ordered (pending, can still cancel) the Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones

75% of the music I listen too is via my phone connected to my car's audio system so I do not often listen to music in my headphones often except if I am in the gym. I rarely listen to music on my headphones. Most of the music is in the car. I do need good headphones at home every day though for general sound (e.g. YouTube, videos etc.) as I only have a PS4 headset replacement.

I see the thread addressed the Bose brand I recently submitted on Amazon. I want to know if I am getting a rip off compared to the Sennheiser HD 600 that I can get at exact same price. I am not a hard core music listener, but that may change if the HD 600 can convince me with unparalleled sound. I live in a small house and it is generally noisy for me which always breaks my concentration which was why I chose the Bose. I want to listen to guided mediation tracks for both sleep and day and I figured noise-cancellation would be good for those tracks.

Am I making the wrong decision? Is the difference between the Bose 25 and HD 600 enough for me to reconsider? I do not listen to music often, not hardcore by any means nor an audophile. I do not think I would care enough about the difference, but I have never tried the coveted HD 600 so I cannot say for sure.

Further, is the AMP/DAC I linked above sufficient? I am not trying to spend more money on an AMP/DAC and want to know if what I have is sufficient.

Starpluck fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU