Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
I want to get some Etymotics but I have an iPhone 8 and I haven't been able to figure out how to wear corded headphones without them getting caught on poo poo and getting destroyed / ruining my lightning port

Looks like they have Bluetooth units coming on the horizon, but in meantime I guess I'll get some Etymotic earplugs and a Bluetooth headset for music / phone calls

Any advice on what best route is for the (non-electronic) Etymotic plugs? I've never worn them and don't know my size, and based on past experiences w ear buds I may need different sizes left to right

I also would like a somewhat durable Bluetooth earbud headset, but I'm not sure which way to go there. I crawl around under poo poo at work a lot, so I don't want loose cords/buds to get dirty/broken/strangle me when caught in a machine

I see guys at some job sites wearing the kind where the buds come out of a "halo" around their neck. Those any good? I always see the buds dangling on shirt which isn't what I want, but I see some that seem to retain the buds in halo

Are there good (in terms of PPE) electronic earplugs that also have Bluetooth music/phone capability?

I do field service so smaller is always better unless that poo poo's gonna fly out of my ear

Don't really care about budget but I'm not an audiophile so whatever best bang for my buck is going to be will prob be route I take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU