Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Sacred Cow posted:

On the subjects of DAPs - anyone have any opinions on ones that are in the $150-200 range? My father in law lives in a country where internet is extremely expensive so his music options are limited to what he can fit on a 16GB iPhone 6s so I’m sending him an audio care package. I think it’s down to a Fiio M6 or HiBy R3 pro with a 1TB SD card but I’m guessing at this with limited knowledge of the subject.

I have a Shanling Q1.

The interface isn't that great but it meets my needs of supporting larger micro SD cards. I can't compare the sound to any other DAP but as far as I know it sounds good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Budget - Under $100 CAD
Source - Shanling Q1 DAP, maybe through my laptop
Isolation Requirements - not really important to me
Preferred Type of Headphone - IEM
Preferred Tonal Balance - not sure
Past Headphones - I had a pair of the Audio Technica ath-m50x headphones and they weren't very good. Now I have a Sennheiser hd 6xx and they sound great.
Preferred Music - city pop, jazz, classical, rock. I'm kind of all over the place

Right now I'm looking at the Tin Audio T2 iems. I'd like to use the amazon gift card I got so if other recommendations can be bought from there it would be preferable.

Also if a usb dac / amp is important for listening from my laptop I would consider one if reasonably priced. I don't know much about iems or how much something like that could effect the sound.

Thanks!

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

TenementFunster posted:

that guy is a clown among clowns.

If we are going by audiophile standards he isn't even bad.