Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
What are the recomended headphones for gaming and general use now? I'm still using my old ad700's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

prom candy posted:

I switched from my A700s to my ATH-M50X for gaming this week. Lost some soundstage but I can actually hear footsteps in PUBG without cranking the master volume way up.

I think the HD598s are still a mainstay for gaming as well.

I strongly dislike the m50 unfortunately, my ears dont fit and they clamp hard. The biggest thing I love about the ad700 is the comfort

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Can anyone recomend me a good standalone desk mic? I know the snowball is supposed to be good but I'd like something cheaper, its for gaming with my friends and light video work (I'm not trying to make a career out of it, just goofing off with my friends)

For reference the snowball is 99 + shipping on AU amazon

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

mobby_6kl posted:

I've been thinking of picking up a pair of AKG headphones but recently saw many recommendation for Audiotechnica M50x. I don't really have any rational reason for preferring AKGs other than I like the more retro styling and the semi-open design might work better for me listening at home. Does anyone have experience with the ATs as well as K240 (a bit cheaper) and K702 (a bit more expensive)?

As mentioned I'd be using them at home with the computer because my Etymotic IEM are becoming pain in the rear end to insert with the surfer's ear I have going on. Mostly hooked up to the computer for music, movies and occasional game.

M50s are okay. They have a lot of hype on reddit because they are a big step up from lovely gamer headsets but so are most headphones. Reddit likes to latch onto 1 thing and hype the poo poo out of it to fit in and get upvotes. Their build quality is eh, and they are pretty uncomfortable imo (too tight, don't fit over my ears fully). I own the ath ad700s, which are supremely comfortable to me, but people tend to say they aren't tight enough, to me they are perfect. If you're australian, jb hifi has m50s on display and you can go try them on, you can probably find them in your own countries equivalant.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Sep 10, 2018